Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
AllenEdmonds.com

Anniversary Sale on men's dress shoes (up to 40% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2018 2:40 pm
Aug 18, 2013
178 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
My black Park Avenue took months to break into, but putting shoe trees in them helped. My two Fifth Avenues were half a size down (9 was a little large) but it's pinching my toes a little but broken into pretty fast. My Strands didn't need any break-in at all. So I guess it all depends.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2011
1078 posts
786 upvotes
Spaceballs wrote: I have Aldo, lasted 5 years. Hush Puppies 8 years. All below 100$. Are you guys running with those shoes or what?
Also shoes lack the comfort and worse for your foot...
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
Jun 21, 2009
389 posts
435 upvotes
andyyuen wrote: did you go instore to figure what your "last" is?
kinda hard from just the pictures
I tried several shoes both at Harry Rosen in First Canadian Place and Rego in the Exchange tower, and figured out what lasts fit me best
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
Spaceballs wrote: I have Aldo, lasted 5 years. Hush Puppies 8 years. All below 100$. Are you guys running with those shoes or what?
Different priorities I guess. I’m the same, since my hush puppies are extremely comfortable, required no break in, and look exactly like designer shoes there’s zero point in spending 4 times as much on another pair when 99% of the population can’t tell the difference anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7803 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
I bought a pair of Mora 2.0s and Park Avenues 4 years ago from Rego when they were on sale for $300 each. They still look brand new and that’s with one polishing a month.

The nice thing about leather soled shoes like AEs is that you can get any cobbler to re-sole them. If you take care of the rest of the shoe, you can easily get a decade out of them. You can’t do that with a rubberized cheap shoe like Aldos.

Thanks OP, in for a bourbon belt to match my Loras.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2014
1100 posts
1405 upvotes
Toronto
Tempting, already got walnut strands but in the market for a black dress shoe.
"A fool is someone who knows the price of everything & the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
unshavenyak wrote:
The nice thing about leather soled shoes like AEs is that you can get any cobbler to re-sole them. If you take care of the rest of the shoe, you can easily get a decade out of them. You can’t do that with a rubberized cheap shoe like Aldos.
Keep in mind that a reputable cobbler may charge you as much as the cost a brand new Aldo shoes when servicing a re-sole.
Penalty Box
Dec 12, 2014
398 posts
318 upvotes
vancouver, bc
I always buy a inner sole for my shoes (except sport shoes).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7803 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
spena wrote:
Keep in mind that a reputable cobbler may charge you as much as the cost a brand new Aldo shoes when servicing a re-sole.
Tue, but that’s another perk of AEs. Their re-soling prices are very reasonable.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
4413 posts
1557 upvotes
JC69 wrote: Different priorities I guess. I’m the same, since my hush puppies are extremely comfortable, required no break in, and look exactly like designer shoes there’s zero point in spending 4 times as much on another pair when 99% of the population can’t tell the difference anyway.
Anecdotal, of course, because i can only speak on my experience

My Hush Puppies lasted me tops 3 year, and when i threw them out they were way past the point of no return.
I sold my AE's after 4 years and they were still in pretty good shape.
Ebay - 340 - 0 - 0 | Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0 | Grailed - 126 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Banned
Jul 12, 2016
329 posts
182 upvotes
Judging by the reviews in the Internet, the shoes are really very good. As for the price, surely, it's a quite expensive, but expensive like all the good and quality. By the way, this Anniversary Sale is not the seller's tricks, the price has really been significantly reduced. E.g., if you compare it with Amazon.com, then the MCALLISTER WINGTIP OXFORD model, 10 size, costs now US $ 275.00 in Allen Edmond shttps://www.allenedmonds.com/search?q=MCALLISTER+WINGTIP+OXFORD , at the same time at the Amazon.com price is US 406.95 https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Edmonds-Me ... th=1&psc=1 .
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
goat wrote: Anecdotal, of course, because i can only speak on my experience

My Hush Puppies lasted me tops 3 year, and when i threw them out they were way past the point of no return.
I sold my AE's after 4 years and they were still in pretty good shape.
I have a bunch of shoes I rotate. One pair of hush puppies is about 6y old now at least and still looks fine with a regular polish. Years and years ago options for decently priced good shoes weren’t that great and a pair that would last and last and could be resoled many times were a decent investment. I’d argue that’s not the case anymore. Technological advances have brought us comfortable, ready to wear shoes with long lasting, shock absorbing, orthotically correct soles and insoles, which, for the majority of people, are indistinguishable from bespoke shoes in some cases. Volume manufacturing (tech advances again) means the prices allow you to buy several pairs for the price of one of the higher end shoes.

I do know people (guys) that are kind of shoe collectors if you like, and they purchase high end shoes like others buy watches. I get that but it’s not for everyone.

Just to add this is obviously just my opinion. I don’t cheap out, I have motorcycle boots worth many hundreds of dollars, IMO there’s no need to spend that much on shoes though.
Sep 18, 2005
523 posts
46 upvotes
brianious wrote: check the duty calculation website. even if it's made in the States, there's a substantial amount of customs fee charged on shoes. I got charged duty everytime I ordered AE's from the States
This thread got me looking and when I went to compare prices, I found a better deal on Nordstrom (borderfree.com) than from AE direct - obviously the selection isn't as good but I found the ones I wanted. Shop carefully!
Aug 18, 2013
178 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
JC69 wrote: I have a bunch of shoes I rotate. One pair of hush puppies is about 6y old now at least and still looks fine with a regular polish. Years and years ago options for decently priced good shoes weren’t that great and a pair that would last and last and could be resoled many times were a decent investment. I’d argue that’s not the case anymore. Technological advances have brought us comfortable, ready to wear shoes with long lasting, shock absorbing, orthotically correct soles and insoles, which, for the majority of people, are indistinguishable from bespoke shoes in some cases. Volume manufacturing (tech advances again) means the prices allow you to buy several pairs for the price of one of the higher end shoes.

I do know people (guys) that are kind of shoe collectors if you like, and they purchase high end shoes like others buy watches. I get that but it’s not for everyone.

Just to add this is obviously just my opinion. I don’t cheap out, I have motorcycle boots worth many hundreds of dollars, IMO there’s no need to spend that much on shoes though.
The point is that for the price you pay Hush Puppies or Aldo or Bostonian or other decently cheap shoes sold at the Bay or something, you can buy a pair of a really nice one that will last you longer and be a classic at a cost of 2-3 cheap pairs.
However, I'm all for buying cheap shoes as a beater (rainy, snowy, or leave a pair at work).

Personally, I don't skimp on shoes ever anymore after having had my right tendon screwed up while wearing a pair from Aldo.
Jan 11, 2010
53 posts
9 upvotes
What's the deal with their inconsistent pricing for Canadian orders?

Using the Higgins Mill boot as an example:

$295 USD (US site) = $370.24 CAD
$318.60 USD (Canada) = $399.86 CAD
$419.59 CAD (Canada) = $334.35 USD
Oct 15, 2009
955 posts
688 upvotes
Toronto
FWIW: everyone knows your hush puppies are hush puppies and your spring are spring. Those shoes look like they're priced. You can apply the same logic to shoes as you do to any other piece of clothing you wear. Why buy nice dress shirts, suits, ties, etc? Why not just go to Walmart and spend $5 on some garbage dress shirts or $50 suit? Although you may not like it, you're judged on the way you're dressed and the way you take care of yourself. Sure, maybe it's a bit superficial, but at least for me, when I look better I feel better. Whether conscious or not, your managers, customers, dates, etc. are judging you based on what you're wearing. That said, if you're a minimum wage employee at McDonald's, you likely don't care about what others think of you and that's fine since your pay and career path are not determined by it. Set yourself up for a higher trajectory so you at least have the opportunity to be considered for it when your managers are considering who to give that raise, promotion to.

That said, AE are great shoes but the 65 last may not fit a lot of people as it's quite narrow. Most of their nicest shoes are on this last so be careful with it. You shouldn't be seeing bulges coming out the side of your shoes (the walls where your ankle is shouldn't bulge out). I personally own 3 pairs of AE that I rotate. This is a great price for the shoes but I'd argue that LodinG are nicer (and they also have a few stores in toronto -- one in the path one in yorkville) and are normally priced at this sale price from AE. LodinG shoes are sharper and more European so if you wear slimmer suits/pants you should definitely go with LodinG even at this sale price.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6114 posts
1693 upvotes
Milton
reminder, today is the final day