Site Comments & Suggestions

Allow for optional more characters on thread titles.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2012 10:58 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9663 posts
1869 upvotes
Toronto

Allow for optional more characters on thread titles.

Hi All,

I've mentioned this before but we really need to either lengthen the allowed characters on the thread titles or make it optional. I'm sure most of the time it won't be needed so making it optional for a mod to approve when a thread is created would be great. Some threads do merit this.

Like I said I've mentioned this before but haven't gotten anywhere.

Thanks
2 replies
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10312 posts
887 upvotes
Vancouver
4flava wrote:
May 31st, 2012 4:21 pm
Hi All,

I've mentioned this before but we really need to either lengthen the allowed characters on the thread titles or make it optional. I'm sure most of the time it won't be needed so making it optional for a mod to approve when a thread is created would be great. Some threads do merit this.

Like I said I've mentioned this before but haven't gotten anywhere.

Thanks

Part of the problem with longer threads titles is display. Smaller screens, mobile, other "widgets" or views, etc.

One of the concerns is that if we lengthened the limit to X, the general length would increase towards X and then people would find that it's not long enough either :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9663 posts
1869 upvotes
Toronto
Kaitlyn wrote:
May 31st, 2012 7:19 pm
Part of the problem with longer threads titles is display. Smaller screens, mobile, other "widgets" or views, etc.

One of the concerns is that if we lengthened the limit to X, the general length would increase towards X and then people would find that it's not long enough either :)

I don't think it'll be a problem because I strongly believe that 90% of the time a longer tread title won't be needed that's why I think an option for mod approval would be good. I'm thinking an option to ad like 30 characters don't do much harm.

Thread titles are very important. Sometimes I believe it's more important than the body itself. Nowadays we can pretty much say that most people own 20+ " monitors so adding like 30-40 characters isn't very much IMHO.