Careers

Is allowing international students to work and jump the immigration queue a poor immigration policy in Canada?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2018 6:15 pm
Nov 20, 2016
111 posts
88 upvotes
apnayloags wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 10:51 pm
cuz they'll work cheaper and won't complain or ask for raises or ask for rights, etc
Isn't this just called being hard-working? Isn't this precisely the outcome that free-market capitalists from the West that forcibly opened the door to India and China with guns and opium hoped to achieve? Why is the West complaining about this now?
Nov 20, 2016
111 posts
88 upvotes
I have a problem with the title of this thread. It is a classic case of a false premise. The question makes the presumption that international students are "jumping the immigration queu". I'm not sure if this actually reflects the reality.
Mar 6, 2010
148 posts
34 upvotes
Brampton
I do think it is already a problem and going to become a terrible problem within 2/3 years with serious consequences. Opening the country literally to anyone with $15000 is one of the dumbest thing to do specially when the country is not producing new jobs at the same rate. In fact the job creation has been declining with many full time jobs becoming part time gigs. We are looking at tens of thousands competing desperately for part time jobs and soon for full time. How many students have been allowed to compete for jobs vs how many full time jobs have been created in one year? Can anyone care to research and answer?
Dec 24, 2007
778 posts
697 upvotes
BC
luking wrote:
Oct 15th, 2018 6:28 am
We are looking at tens of thousands competing desperately for part time jobs and soon for full time. How many students have been allowed to compete for jobs vs how many full time jobs have been created in one year? Can anyone care to research and answer?
Did you read any of the thread or just want to rant without any facts because you have a problem with foreign students? Canada's point system is not designed to just allow any foreign student that graduates to become an immigrant. There is more to it than that.

Why don't YOU care to do some research and provide an answer since you're the one making a huge stink about a "problem" and then expect others to find something to support the supposition?
Banned
Mar 13, 2018
1385 posts
663 upvotes
luking wrote:
Oct 15th, 2018 6:28 am
I do think it is already a problem and going to become a terrible problem within 2/3 years with serious consequences. Opening the country literally to anyone with $15000 is one of the dumbest thing to do specially when the country is not producing new jobs at the same rate. In fact the job creation has been declining with many full time jobs becoming part time gigs. We are looking at tens of thousands competing desperately for part time jobs and soon for full time. How many students have been allowed to compete for jobs vs how many full time jobs have been created in one year? Can anyone care to research and answer?
Huh? We created over 270k jobs year over year