• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2017 11:00 pm
[OP]
Sep 30, 2009
500 posts
102 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Alpha Industries website vs Amazon?

I'm looking to get an AI bomber and the prices on their website is $330 vs Amazon.ca has exact same jacket for $170.

It seems fishy to me, but according to the few reviews and questions / answers from Amazon, people claim it's legit. So what gives for the almost 50% off?

Don't want to end up with a fake one and have to deal with returns..
10 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1178 posts
306 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Alpha Industries are not that expensive when they go on sale. Urban Outfitters had plenty of them on sales couple of months back. On a personal note, I still don't trust Amazon. They have way to many fakes and even with low price name brands is pretty low for counterfeiters. Best to stick to trusted retailers.
patrickkc wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 3:14 am
I'm looking to get an AI bomber and the prices on their website is $330 vs Amazon.ca has exact same jacket for $170.

It seems fishy to me, but according to the few reviews and questions / answers from Amazon, people claim it's legit. So what gives for the almost 50% off?

Don't want to end up with a fake one and have to deal with returns..
[OP]
Sep 30, 2009
500 posts
102 upvotes
Richmond Hill
NixxonExxo wrote:
Apr 9th, 2017 6:12 am
Alpha Industries are not that expensive when they go on sale. Urban Outfitters had plenty of them on sales couple of months back. On a personal note, I still don't trust Amazon. They have way to many fakes and even with low price name brands is pretty low for counterfeiters. Best to stick to trusted retailers.
Yea, apparently I missed all the huge sales.

Urban Outfitters don't have the one I want. I guess I'll call around some Army Surplus stores or just order from AI website.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15919 posts
4551 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Beaver army surplus
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.

Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory

RIP sick fadez.
Oct 13, 2009
212 posts
46 upvotes
North York
There was just an Alpha Industries Bomber a few weeks ago on Massdrop but it had a detachable hoodie and a weird velcro tag on the chest of it. It was priced around $119 usd but I am waiting for the old school MA-1 that I used to wear oh so many years ago.
If you ever make it to downtown Toronto, you could go to the Dr.Marten store on Queen st west. I have seen them there a few times in the past year.

AI hooded bomber
[OP]
Sep 30, 2009
500 posts
102 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks,

I actually bought from the AI website. They had some 40% promo code a few months ago and apparently it still worked. I found the code on reddit with many posts saying the code expired 3 months ago, but I tried the code anyways and they took my order.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
3973 posts
493 upvotes
Mind sharing the coupon code? I did a Google search but the one I found didn't work.
[OP]
Sep 30, 2009
500 posts
102 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Kherani wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 11:50 pm
Mind sharing the coupon code? I did a Google search but the one I found didn't work.
WSHP40

Better buy quick before they catch on.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15919 posts
4551 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Shit I want to pull the trigger. $160 cad all in with the 40% off. Thanks for the tip OP.

Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory

RIP sick fadez.
[OP]
Sep 30, 2009
500 posts
102 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Also, don't let their shipping UPS i-parcel shipping scare you.

I was worried about brokerage and duties because they use UPS but turns out once it crosses the boarder the package goes to Canada Post for delivery.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15919 posts
4551 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Yup looks like they collect the tax when you order.

RIP sick fadez.