• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2013 7:36 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 19, 2012
923 posts
89 upvotes
Brampton
I am having the same problem as you, but I think mine is because of mobi's garbage reception. If it doesn't improve in 2-3days then just exchange it. They say they will ship the replacement right away.
Deal Guru
Feb 6, 2003
10008 posts
343 upvotes
Vancouver
I had pretty bad battery life initially too. It improved a lot after I disabled syncing of Google apps I didn't use and location services. I also disabled Play Music, Play Movies, Currents, and G+. for good measure.

I noticed the MediaServer service eating up a lot of battery which is apparently a common bug where it constantly scans for new media. Running SDRescan seemed to fix this.
Feb 19, 2012
31 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
here are a combination of things that significantly improved my battery life:

1). settings -> Google (under Accounts) -> xxx@gmail.com -> uncheck all the unnecessary google services that are set to sync

2). delete your Exchange Services accounts (Email) and re-add them

3). install JuiceDefender. runs in the background

4). disable "Hotword Detection" (say google to launch voice search). go to Google Now app -> settings -> voice -> uncheck hotword detection

5). disable auto sync/update for apps

my battery usage went from 15-20% per hour to 5-6% per hour after doing the above.
12 hours since full charge and i still have 30% left.
Sep 14, 2008
678 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver
All the things here are great ways to help batterylife ,but battery problems are typically one of the two things:
-faulty battery
-rogue app that is constantly awake. Use better battery stats as suggested by a previous post and filter by "partial wakelocks". If you see anything unusual (like facebook being awake for 5 hours), then you should consider removing the app and seeing if that makes a difference.

Otherwise, things like disabling syncing or apps to restrict data will help to improve battery.
A common app seems to be "google currents" or the location services of google latitude. Consider freezing (if rooted) or disabling these two services.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2434 posts
202 upvotes
Vancouver
^ +1. Wanna know screen time.

As well, do you always keep your mobile data on? I see a lot of posters on XDA having 5, 6 hours of screentime but they exclusively use wifi.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
shaolinmonk wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 8:38 pm
I have everything running (google now, bt, nfc, gps, 3 email accounts etc.) and get between 6-9 hours depending no usage.... Either an app is misbehvaing or you have a defective battery

NFC doesn't use battery power..
psyko514 wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 1:54 am
Same here, with the exception of Bluetooth. I get about 2.5 hours of screen time. If I don't plug in my phone at work, it will last me about 10-11 hours.
Whoa that's brutal. Back to 2011 i guess.
Owner of hunks of metal, silicon, glass, plastic with 1s and 0s and some electrons powering them.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
shaolinmonk wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 10:32 pm
That's pretty much the norn for any smartphone I use...except for note 2
I could push the GS3 and One X to last over 24 hours with 5.5 hours screen on with that stuff on a number of times. 2.5 hours is pathetic. LG and Google flopped hard on battery life this time.
Owner of hunks of metal, silicon, glass, plastic with 1s and 0s and some electrons powering them.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 16, 2003
9964 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
desidealer49 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2012 10:43 pm
I could push the GS3 and One X to last over 24 hours with 5.5 hours screen on with that stuff on a number of times. 2.5 hours is pathetic. LG and Google flopped hard on battery life this time.
Don't know your usage patterns..but i was charging one x mid day...s3 end of day ...iPhone 4/s/5 usually mid day as well

Right now I'm on 9 1/2 hours with 51% left and 2 hours screen time...its been a light evening
Follow me on instagram to see Toronto https://instagram.com/kennyk3n/
Oct 19, 2012
923 posts
89 upvotes
Brampton
Why does media server take up so much battery? How do you disable it?
× < >