• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2012 9:39 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2845 posts
293 upvotes
LostInTruth wrote: Thankfully, I was not behind you in the line. Can't stand customers like this, making a big scene for something so small.
IMWHFMPC wrote: every time i use the air miles voucher i go in and ask the attendant first if i can use it, if i can't i would go to another shell

not every attendant knows the voucher exists :(

I'm not a fan of customers making a big scene for small stuff, but I do agree that the customer should be able to use the certificate here. The customer is not trying to pull anything here, he just wants to use a clearly written certificate that was validated by the gas station's Assistant Manager already in phone conversation with a Shell representative.

While I'm not sure recording a video of the guy was the most appropriate (though it was a pretty good video and you did not abuse the guy in it), I find it more wrong that the gas station didn't keep their employees informed than that you were fighting to use the certificate.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1544 posts
531 upvotes
Ottawa
ct027 wrote: Legal or not, you don't fu**ing post someone's face on the internet and start bashing him. Dick move I'd say.
If you wanted to identify the person and report to HO, all you needed was which gas station and at what time the incident happened. Its good that you recorded the convo, but you could have recorded with the phone face down.

You say you got a friend to translate, then based on others' comments you should know that the guy is honestly confused. Sure he may be dumb and may not know how to speak English but what do you do: Post on the internet, bash him, hope others bash him and then feel good about yourself. Classy!
LostInTruth wrote: Not even. I bet most people would be annoyed if they were behind you too in line.

Btw, I don't post nonsense on RFD trying to prove that I'm nothing more than a little punk, but whatevs... :)

+1

rich kid, lots of time on your hands how else do you get your cheap thrills. dash cam in car , camera in hand and off you go.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1655 posts
1602 upvotes
TDot
It's just $16, move along.

So you're smarter than a minimum wage earning gas bar attendant. I actually feel sorry for you, this is what it takes for you to feel good about yourself?

You must be addicted to Jerry Springer lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2008
4704 posts
163 upvotes
IndusVally wrote: It's just $16, move along.

Are you sure RFD is the best forum for you?
Feb 19, 2012
904 posts
600 upvotes
Woodbridge
What I would really like to see is a video of an unhappy customer holding up a line of people for what amounts to $10 bucks. Honestly, if you had an issue with this you should have let other paying customers pay for their gas and go. Holding up a line over something like this is pretty disrespectful.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2005
1124 posts
344 upvotes
are you guys ****ing stupid? he can't drive away until the attendant lets his car out.
Jul 8, 2006
631 posts
35 upvotes
I think the problem is with the Shell Air Miles certificate. It is a bit ambiguous. It says it is valid for "up to 15 minutes", which could imply that it could be valid for less (depending on the type of wash). Then it has the huge $6.00 below it. I blame Shell and Air Miles for not making the coupon more clear and straightforward not the gas station attendant.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2007
5977 posts
1468 upvotes
???
greybrick wrote: What I would really like to see is a video of an unhappy customer holding up a line of people for what amounts to $10 bucks. Honestly, if you had an issue with this you should have let other paying customers pay for their gas and go. Holding up a line over something like this is pretty disrespectful.

There was two attendants working there that day.

No line was held up
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5853 posts
1695 upvotes
another confirmation that everyone on this board is a suburban sociopath.

i am always intrigued by how and why people behaved the way that they do in public, and it's appalling to witness what some people feel is acceptable behavior.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
1101 posts
302 upvotes
ontario
linsook wrote: are you guys ****ing stupid? he can't drive away until the attendant lets his car out.

lol no kidding i read multiple times theres a gate and you can't leave until you pay

that cashier needs to learn to speak english
if someone starts jabbering on the phone in their own language infront of me how am i to know what they're saying?
i would of started to record as well - video doesn't lie when its a he said vs he said
especially when op has an email from shell themselves validating the coupon

and shell said they contacted 'sothi' the assistant manager at shell
I contacted the station on your behalf and spoke to Sothi, the assistant manager, who advised that they do accept the Air Miles Car wash certificates for 15 minutes of self-wash.
so who did the cashier call? one of his cashier friends? obviously it wasn't the assistant manager or manager or it would of been solved within 10 seconds :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2502 posts
575 upvotes
:!: Closed

trolling - general racism and rudeness
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD