None
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
7297 posts
8154 upvotes
GT-EH
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Aug 2nd, 2017 11:11 pm
You can send it my e-mail too! (unless by mail you meant e-mail)
Oh really?... I did not know this... so thanks for pointing that out.
I see it now on the application form: e-mail is an option for delivery -- I must've totally missed it. :facepalm:

I'll do this tomorrow first thing @ work! Thanks!
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Sep 15, 2014
90 posts
42 upvotes
Has anyone had any luck with Alterna covering transfer fees from a sending institution for a TFSA? Spoke with one person from the branch and he said they don't typically do it, just wondering if any one here has had it covered.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3998 posts
572 upvotes
jfmartel wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 11:29 am
I did it the other way (using Tangerine)
How/where on Tangerine's (new) website do you do this, and does the link work both ways?

I just opened an Alterna eSavings account, but since I also have a Tangerine checking account, I just snapped pics of a check I wrote to myself and sent that using the Alterna Bank app on my phone. But once the check is deposited/my account is open, I want to link my Tangerine savings account, not the checking account.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
2879 posts
699 upvotes
QC
JustBob wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 7:36 pm
How/where on Tangerine's (new) website do you do this, and does the link work both ways?

I just opened an Alterna eSavings account, but since I also have a Tangerine checking account, I just snapped pics of a check I wrote to myself and sent that using the Alterna Bank app on my phone. But once the check is deposited/my account is open, I want to link my Tangerine savings account, not the checking account.
It does works both ways
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3998 posts
572 upvotes
jfmartel wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 8:42 pm
It does works both ways
Alright, I guess I'll have to figure out how/where to do this on Tangerine's new/crappy website. ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
3998 posts
572 upvotes
Is this the right transit# for Alterna Bank (for entering on Tangerine when creating the external link):

00016-608
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1802 posts
549 upvotes
Winnipeg
JustBob wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 5:34 pm
Is this the right transit# for Alterna Bank (for entering on Tangerine when creating the external link):

00016-608
Yes
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Oct 1, 2006
515 posts
59 upvotes
Shawguy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 12:25 am
Even in the online banking site... It doesn't say when you click on order cheques.. It just says there will be a charge deducted from your account.

It appears they use Davis and Henderson so based on what I see RBC and CIBC charge you are looking at about $48 for 50 cheques or $68 for 100.

I didn't order directly from Alterna... I used ASAP Cheques and got 200 cheques for $36 by sending them a PAD form with my account information on it.
I now want to order cheques from ASAP but I'm not sure how to proceed.

Which part of the PAD form did you fill? "Direct Deposit" or "Pre-authorized Debit or Payment"
Did you left "Frequency: Reference #: Amount: $ Next Payment Date:" blank?
They didn't ask you for MICR sample format?

Can you take a picture of what you end up getting (using a photo app, blacken or erase your name+address, 7 digit member account # of the MICR) or confirm It looked like
the graph on my next post here.

Did you test one already?
Oct 1, 2006
515 posts
59 upvotes
This is what I think the cheques MICR code and bank name/address should look like. Can contain errors I will have to edit.

1. (40) for chequing, (41) for saving accounts. Note: You can't draw cheques from saving accounts.
2. Every time you open an account that account is assigned an ### number begining with 001 and keeps it even if you rename it on the website.
Will only display as single digit on the site though, aka savings 1 is 001, savings 2 is 002.
3. When your first account is activated (after succesfully took your deposit, can take ~two weeks depending on method),
Alterna sends you an email with a seven digit number. This number is different than the reference number you get when you sign up.
4. Account number to receive deposit from Alterna direct Deposit form ,
, some employers own deposit forms, Tangerine email money transfers, other electronic money tranfers (EFT), etc.

Credit goes to Shawguy's post #213
Images
  • ver001.png