None
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4639 posts
1438 upvotes
Toronto
DannyC145881 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2018 8:17 pm
No direct deposits into an esavings account? That’s absolutely ridiculous. What the hell could possibly be their motivation behind that?
I have an esavings account that my pay gets deposited in, not sure where you saw it wouldn't work?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
4563 posts
2154 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Check your e-mail... I got invited to test their new mobile app and they are giving 50 bucks for a 30 minutes job!
Are you an Alterna Bank mobile app user?

We’re looking for a few valued customers who would be interested in testing and sharing feedback on our new Alterna Bank mobile app currently in development. Participants who complete the testing will receive $50 as a thank you from us.

What will I be doing?
You will be asked to complete a few short tasks related to the new mobile app in an online interface. You’ll also be asked questions about your experience with the mobile app.

How long will it take?
We expect the testing should take no more than 30 minutes of your time.

When and where?
The testing will be conducted between August 20th to the 23rd. The testing will take place at your convenience, on a desktop. Since the mobile app is still in development, the testing will start first on your desktop for the tracking purposes.

Interested in participating?
Let us know by August 20th noon time with a reply to this email and we’ll contact you with further details if you are selected. Selected users will be contacted by a third party that is conducting the testing on our behalf.

Once you have been selected to participate, you will receive $50 in your Alterna Bank account within six weeks of completing the testing.

Thanks for your interest,
The Alterna Bank Team

Terms and Conditions: Only customers who are contacted and complete the usability testing are eligible to receive compensation. Compensation will be added to a user’s Alterna Bank account within 6 weeks of completing the testing. Each customer is only eligible to participate in testing once. Only one participant is permitted for joint accounts. Compensation must be accepted as is, and will cannot be substituted or transferred. This is a limited time offer, which Alterna Bank may revise, retract or terminate at any time without notice. By participating in this offer, each participant expressly consents to Alterna, its agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing, using and disclosing the personal information submitted while participating in this offer for the purpose of administering this offer and in accordance with Alterna Bank’s privacy policy. Alterna Bank, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of this offer and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be liable for any claims, damages, losses, liabilities, and other expenses (including, without limitation, legal fees) relating to your participation in this offer or agreement to these terms. By participating in the offer you agree to release the Released Parties from all liability with respect to your participation in the offer and receipt, use or misuse of any cash compensation.
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2017
2538 posts
1019 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
This bank would be the best choice nationwide if not for being so dumb @ fund holding policy.
1. Cleared cheque being held for 5 days?
2. ATM deposit also held for 5 days?
3. Me2Me Transfer also held for 5 days?

Wonder why a new bank app, maybe because they got those "garbage" review? LOL Tangerine was probably trying to get away but the new app even worse review LOL
I am being targeted over Internet Relay Chat. Please help me.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1090 posts
166 upvotes
Ottawa
I think Me2Me transfer in hold is not good.
I can see hold is necessary for deterring fraud cheaque deposit through ATM or photo.

I hope the new APP is more secure using double verification starting with Google authenticator.
Dec 25, 2013
914 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
Is this the best regular TFSA rate out there> 2.1%?
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2004
1784 posts
49 upvotes
Read the entire thread and was wondering what everyone thinks about Alterna. Whether it's worth a jump from Simplii or Tangerine and better than similar products such as what Manulife and EQ provide.

Also, do they provide same day certified cheques/bank draft services for eSavings account customers at the branch
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
4563 posts
2154 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
CDNPatriot wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 9:51 am
Read the entire thread and was wondering what everyone thinks about Alterna. Whether it's worth a jump from Simplii or Tangerine and better than similar products such as what Manulife and EQ provide.

Also, do they provide same day certified cheques/bank draft services for eSavings account customers at the branch
I switched from Tangerine to Alterna due to their higher interest rates on saving account.

They now also offer free interact e-transfer and you can pay bills directly from the saving account.
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2017
2538 posts
1019 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
CDNPatriot wrote:

depending on how you want to view it.
Idk how people make it a huge deal about paying bill directly from savings when the chequing itself is no fee anyway.

Alterna bothers me w/ their fund holding and their robot customer service.
If I were you tho, Motive Financial is what I'd go with (despite no free eTransfer)

I will definitely keep a 3 card option for the sake of the Exchange network, virtually your money is accessible everywhere w/ the 3.
I am being targeted over Internet Relay Chat. Please help me.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1090 posts
166 upvotes
Ottawa
CDNPatriot wrote:

Simplii is 1.1% and Alterna is 2.05%. It is a no brainer until someone offers 3.0%
Jul 29, 2013
803 posts
433 upvotes
My spouse and I have a joint account at Alterna Bank.
In his online account the joint account shows up but it does not show in his monthly estatement.
I made the account joint but I do not understand why it would not show up as he is part owner.
Asked and was told that is the way they do it.
Any ideas?
May 11, 2007
37 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
This may seem like a random question but has anyone run into the situation where their account has "disappeared?" When I login, I receive this error: Invalid Customer, active customer not on file

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)