• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2018 1:59 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 11, 2004
5318 posts
3943 upvotes
Milton, ON.
So I have spent an hour last night trying to get this installed again. All the download links were broken, could not get it downloaded / installed.
Those of you who had luck installing it, could you please PM me the link for where you got the download / install instructions?
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2732 posts
1031 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote: I think the main issue is with URL Resolver going down as any new links created for sources won't get pulled into any addon until someone creates a new fork... which I'm hoping someone does as the code is out there (with TVADDONS, I believe).
That's not how urlresolver works... everything will run fine until the websites change something in the layouts/html which will then require some updates

TVA is now being the gate keeper for the code and will do releases
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7066 posts
3378 upvotes
j3390659 wrote: Just curious to know if it is still possible to install Exodus?
Dunno what that is. I'm new to this
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
badOne wrote: Dunno what that is. I'm new to this
Brief history: The original popular add-on was called Genesis up until early 2015. Then the lead developer quit because too many newbies were asking too many dumb questions and complaining about something they were getting for free. He took the code base with him and re-published it as the nearly-identical Exodus add-on (following the order of books in the Bible). Everyone switched over to Exodus, but then around a year ago the same developer got into another dispute and tried to sneak a DDoS attack on his enemies into an update of Exodus. When it was detected and publicized, he apologized and turned the code over to TVAddons.ag, the big Kodi add-ons site. But a few months later TVAddons was hammered by the copyright cartels, and Exodus was temporarily abandoned and began to decay quickly. Then Covenant popped up, obviously using the same code base, with a new group of developers promising to maintain it. Covenant got hammered along with the Colossus repository several weeks ago, and is now abandoned. In theory abandoned add-ons will still continue to work for a little while, but they begin to decay as the video stream providers change and they don't keep up.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
7140 posts
3513 upvotes
any news on the best add-on these days that's just as good as covenant?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
covenant works great with real-debrid pulling quite a bit more links (esp HD) than standard covenant. otherwise, I'm finding Poseidon isnt too bad either.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
3285 posts
1276 upvotes
SomeOtherDude wrote: any news on the best add-on these days that's just as good as covenant?
Neptune Rising, Oculus and somebody has taken over the development of a fork of Exodus called Placenta, lol...all seem good options
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Hate Oculus. So much pausing. At least for me. Gonna uninstall it now. I think it also threw a bunch of garbage on my stick.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
7140 posts
3513 upvotes
Neptune rising seems to be ok for movies.
but I can't get any TV shows working on it though. Anyone have the same problem?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3740 posts
3506 upvotes
What about Fantastic? I just installed it last night but haven't had time to try it out.
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1338 upvotes
With the exception of Bennu, everything still works except you won't be able to install it from the repo. You can install just the add-ons.
Placenta is the only one you can install from the Blamo repo ...shhh don't tell too many peeps or else it will crash too ! ...LoL
No luck with Incursion though !
Jul 2, 2014
173 posts
38 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Genesis reborn works for me. Also Re:birth.

V
Jan 2, 2018
12 posts
Whitby, ON
I went to Terrarium.tv for all my TV and movies lately. It has had a few glitches buffering lately, and a few too many updates so I'm not sure if it is going to continue to be great. It does a really good job of holding my favorites and keeping track of episodes I've watched.

The latest version is 1.9.0 and I downloaded it here: http://rawapk.com/terrarium-tv-apk-download/

The terrarium website seems to be down too so maybe another sign things aren't going to last. Seems as soon as I find something great, it ends, but something new shows up. Still beats a huge bill every month.

Keep in mind you download this direct from a browser into your android box (in my case it's an android box) It goes into APPS and that is where you launch it. You don't even need Kodi.

I've heard Showbox is pretty good too without Kodi. I have it as an app but have not uses it much.

Hope this helps someone,

KC
Jan 1, 2018
136 posts
26 upvotes
It worked for me when I used it last night. I will double check to see which version I am using and what repo. But if you update it then it should work. Also look at your url resolver to see if that is updated at well.
Feb 17, 2017
549 posts
92 upvotes
badOne wrote: A shame it is only for android, or you need an emulator for a windows pc.
Some internet based tv subscriptions are now working via a website instead of needing a box. Give it a try. I watch tv at work now lol
Who you know matters sometimes but what you know is invaluable