• Sep 21st, 2017 8:55 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1589 posts
169 upvotes
Calgary

Alternative dry kibble to Orijen Original

My dog doesn't seem to like Orijen Original as much as he used to, so I'm looking for a temporary alternative for a few months. What other kibbles are you all using with similar quality to Orijen Original?
7 replies
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
Nuprapture wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 1:00 am
My dog doesn't seem to like Orijen Original as much as he used to, so I'm looking for a temporary alternative for a few months. What other kibbles are you all using with similar quality to Orijen Original?
I switched to making raw food for my girl. Something you're interested in?
Within two weeks I'm amazed at how her fur is growing twice as much as it used to
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1589 posts
169 upvotes
Calgary
varano wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 7:23 am
I switched to making raw food for my girl. Something you're interested in?
Within two weeks I'm amazed at how her fur is growing twice as much as it used to
I know there are lots of benefits to raw foods, but it's not something I'm looking at right now. I'll probably do raw when he's older, but just high-quality kibble for now.
Aug 1, 2017
18 posts
My dogs were on Orijen as well and always ate it. The prices kept going up so I switched to Acana brand and have had no issues with my dogs eating it. The kibble itself is a little larger than the Orijen. I have a black lab and a rough collie and they eat it. But then, I think they would eat pretty much anything.
Aug 1, 2006
70 posts
34 upvotes
A couple of other good Canadian brands include Horizon Legacy and Nutrience Sub Zero.
May 20, 2002
158 posts
18 upvotes
Open farm, cani source makes natural and delicious.

Both are excellent
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1027 posts
53 upvotes
Richmond Hill
There are also Costco brand and Blue wilderness