Fitness and Nutrition

Alternative for Shakeology protein powder?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2016 3:15 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 16, 2016
937 posts
494 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario

Alternative for Shakeology protein powder?

The reason I'm asking is because my gf started her 21 day fix program about a month ago and she lost like 15lbs. I'm very proud of her and want to continue encouraging her.

HOWEVER, that Shakeology protein powder is RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. Something like 140$ for a bag is insane. Any other alternatives that can provide the same results without being so expensive? What protein powder are you using?

Thanks my fellow rfd members!
2 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1605 posts
691 upvotes
Calgary
Shakeology is just a pyramid scheme. It's not the powder that is doing the work, but she is showing dedication to an eating plan and fitness plan that is helping her. Good for her for sticking with a plan though.

The reality is that she needs to learn how to do it on her own without a company holding her hand and purse.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
3310 posts
744 upvotes
Ottawa
Just about anything will do, I would think. The Whey Protein Deals thread is up to 450 pages and counting.

I like Popeye's during their customer appreciation days, and Supplementsource.ca has some pretty good deals on stuff that is expired or near-expired (but is still probably perfectly good). There are probably better deals, though.

If the selection baffles you, just go with whatever's cheap. Just make sure you buy whey/protein powder and not "mass gainer", which is substantially cheaper for a good reason.

...Of course, there's no shortage of people who will insist that protein powder is pointless and that one's ordinary dietary intake is more than sufficient, but eh. On that note, liquid egg white is pretty cheap at Costco or Loblaws.