Fashion & Apparel

Alternatives to Canada Goose? Looking for something different

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2015 7:52 pm
Nov 18, 2006
45 posts
2 upvotes

Alternatives to Canada Goose? Looking for something different

Im looking for a winter jacket (shameless plug, my current north face is for sale!). i was looking to get a canada goose chilliwack but after seeing almost everyone on campus wearing them i want something different. im looking for something that has a similar style and am willing to spend around the same amount that a CG chilliwack would cost...any suggestions?
486 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
23266 posts
1434 upvotes
Markham
Moose Knuckles
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9201 posts
637 upvotes
f.visram wrote:
Dec 12th, 2010 10:50 pm
Im looking for a winter jacket (shameless plug, my current north face is for sale!). i was looking to get a canada goose chilliwack but after seeing almost everyone on campus wearing them i want something different. im looking for something that has a similar style and am willing to spend around the same amount that a CG chilliwack would cost...any suggestions?

Can I assume you don't own an iPhone, use iPod or study on a Mac?

being "unique" should extend more than just your wardrobe.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2008
1607 posts
3 upvotes
kingofwale wrote:
Dec 12th, 2010 11:38 pm

As much as I hate CG bashers I have to say this much, Iphones are pretty much at the top of the line in terms of cell phones and I know there are comparative models but some people (including me) have just fallen in love with the OS, Apps, simplicity etc. CG on the other hand has competitors with warmer products and arguably better functioning jackets and there is no doubt that many CG owners are buying simply for the name.

I guess your example could be easily applied to automobiles, food choices, TVs etc. though but I'm just giving my two cents.
Aug 22, 2007
954 posts
38 upvotes
megalison wrote:
Dec 13th, 2010 12:14 am
As much as I hate CG bashers I have to say this much, Iphones are pretty much at the top of the line in terms of cell phones and I know there are comparative models but some people (including me) have just fallen in love with the OS, Apps, simplicity etc. CG on the other hand has competitors with warmer products and arguably better functioning jackets and there is no doubt that many CG owners are buying simply for the name.

I guess your example could be easily applied to automobiles, food choices, TVs etc. though but I'm just giving my two cents.

Agreed. I work for RIM and I have to say that the iPhone really is head of its class for a phone + entertainment device. BB has its own perks but I myself would rather have an iPhone. CG has many competitors and is not head of class.
[OP]
Nov 18, 2006
45 posts
2 upvotes
im looking for a jacket that not every other person has. i think getting a jacket that everyone has to "fit in" would be a problem...

btw, thanks to all for the suggestions.
[OP]
Nov 18, 2006
45 posts
2 upvotes
kingofwale wrote:
Dec 12th, 2010 11:38 pm

maybe i should just hand write my notes and use a payphone to be "unique".
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
3301 posts
263 upvotes
Markham
just as yao said, moose knuckles is your best bet, looks really similar to a CG, unless you want a shiny moncler jacket, or even a $1000 parajumper jacket :)
Aug 22, 2007
954 posts
38 upvotes
IGetMoney wrote:
Dec 13th, 2010 4:32 am
just as yao said, moose knuckles is your best bet, looks really similar to a CG, unless you want a shiny moncler jacket, or even a $1000 parajumper jacket :)

Sigh..it's a shame they named themselves moose knuckles. They hire a slightly older guy to model the jacket and the logo is clearly an innuendo. >_>'' In addition the name is MOOSE KNUCKLES. Pretty gross...almost as bad as buying a brand called cameltoe.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
553 upvotes
stevelam wrote:
Dec 12th, 2010 10:58 pm
work on your self esteem instead, buddy.

wanting a warm jacket has nothing to do with self esteem
Nov 23, 2008
223 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
gilboman wrote:
Dec 13th, 2010 11:15 am
wanting a warm jacket has nothing to do with self esteem

He wants something that looks like a Chiliwack, but not a Chiliwack, so he doesn't look like everyone else.
× < >