Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Altima Cable Internet 30MB $39.99 Free Installation 1-year prepaid

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2015 2:02 pm
Feb 6, 2014
159 posts
99 upvotes

Altima Cable Internet 30MB $39.99 Free Installation 1-year prepaid

Price:
$39.99
I am looking for an alternative internet service provider and came across Altima internet.

http://altimatel.com/newuserservicecent ... nalornot=1

$39.99 for cable internet 30MB Unlimited, if you prepay one year in advance. Free installation, modem rental is free.

Has anyone heard about this company? If you are with Altima, please comment on your experience. So far this is the best deal I can find.

Deal ends on December 31st.
75 replies
Mar 27, 2011
59 posts
9 upvotes
I am a customer since mid November, no issues at all with the service. I have the FTTN service, they use bell line for that. I am on 45.95 plan for 25/10 unlimited internet and unlimited Canada wide phone
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2004
1218 posts
633 upvotes
too bad that promo is Ontario only, same thing in QC is $10 more + setup costs + modem rental... would have probably made the switch from Acanac if it were available in QC (speeds have been getting terribly slow with them as of late) - even at $50 a month would consider switching but with additional setup and modem costs, not as sure.
she may be payin for dinner, but i'll be earnin it later!
Nov 25, 2012
113 posts
135 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I tried to contact Altima on Mid Nov. Unfortunately, they only speak Mandarin and their office didn't look good to me. So I go with other ISP with $5 more but pay monthly. I also switched from Acanac because of the price increase and terrible service when you got problem with their service. In my case, when my internet is down, I phoned them but they replied with email and ask me to email them only. BUT MY INTERNET IS DOWN.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6652 posts
1509 upvotes
Ontario
chiso2012 wrote: I tried to contact Altima on Mid Nov. Unfortunately, they only speak Mandarin and their office didn't look good to me. So I go with other ISP with $5 more but pay monthly. I also switched from Acanac because of the price increase and terrible service when you got problem with their service. In my case, when my internet is down, I phoned them but they replied with email and ask me to email them only. BUT MY INTERNET IS DOWN.
Damn that sucks. I was very interested as I pay $40 for TekSavvy for 15Mbps with 512kbps upload. It slows down to 9Mbps from 8pm to 12am every night as a trade off for unlimited bandwidth. It's too slow with my kids watching YouTube or Netflix and I try to watch something at the same time.
Feb 17, 2011
2638 posts
1167 upvotes
hmm looks interesting. was considering contact for a while but this is $5 cheaper for 15mbit vs contact 25mbit. installation is also $5 cheaper than contact. it says modem is $60, but can we use our own modem? i.e buy one from kijiji for like $20? is there a compatibility list?
Jan 1, 2008
575 posts
229 upvotes
Brossard
chiso2012 wrote: I tried to contact Altima on Mid Nov. Unfortunately, they only speak Mandarin and their office didn't look good to me. So I go with other ISP with $5 more but pay monthly. I also switched from Acanac because of the price increase and terrible service when you got problem with their service. In my case, when my internet is down, I phoned them but they replied with email and ask me to email them only. BUT MY INTERNET IS DOWN.
You should try these guys:
http://www.electronicbox.net/en/

30mbits/s , 1TB transfer for cable internet. This is an Ontario deal. I've been with them for years and no problems.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1849 posts
454 upvotes
Brampton
Will this work in hamilton and brantford?

Currently using start communication and it looks better option for me...

How is the service and quality? Has Internet ever gone down? Dropping packets?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2012
1015 posts
118 upvotes
MONTR
I also hate teksavvy limits. When I bought it first time it was unlimited, they changed later to 300GB limit. Any good alternatives for Montreal?
Oct 3, 2007
28 posts
23 upvotes
i have been with them since Nov 10 2014 no problem, knock on wood.
yes they mostly speak chinese
I got the 30 5 upload cable
It was connected by a Rogers Cable technician. They rent the line from Rogers like many others.
If you are in the Shaw area you get slower speed.

the modem they give u is a Motorola 6141, top of the line, fastest modem out there. you can get up to 60 mbps with this provider.
yes the modem rental is free, installation free.

speed about 29 mbps it does slow down to around 25 in peak. but to get this full speed , u have to have a hard connection

i paid $39.95 x12 plus tax had to purchase yearly. there is no cap like others last month i down and up about 1.3terrabytes.

[...]
[...]
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2638 posts
1167 upvotes
djherbal1 wrote: You should try these guys:
http://www.electronicbox.net/en/

30mbits/s , 1TB transfer for cable internet. This is an Ontario deal. I've been with them for years and no problems.
for the first 6 months, then its $53... thats worst than robbers.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2638 posts
1167 upvotes
would like to know more info on this company. reliability?
Apr 8, 2012
33 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
In business since 1996 I think.

I switch from Distributel to them in december 2013. Cable internet 15/10, no cap + VOIP.

In the last year, never have majors issues, only 2 Internet dropdown for a few hours, but it was videotron network in cause.

For the VOIP, I called few times to fix minors problems.

Customer service and suport Tech are easy to contact.
I am very satisfied with this company

Do not hesitate to ask if you have more questions.
Jul 12, 2014
122 posts
21 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
lachdanan wrote: I also hate teksavvy limits. When I bought it first time it was unlimited, they changed later to 300GB limit. Any good alternatives for Montreal?
in ontario, so this may vary, 60mbps line, unlimited. Mind you, there are cap options, but paying for unlimited, gets you unlimited.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3746 posts
1003 upvotes
Toronto
hmmm interesting - I don't see anywhere on their website that we can check our area for availability
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6652 posts
1509 upvotes
Ontario
trucideurqc wrote: In business since 1996 I think.

I switch from Distributel to them in december 2013. Cable internet 15/10, no cap + VOIP.

In the last year, never have majors issues, only 2 Internet dropdown for a few hours, but it was videotron network in cause.

For the VOIP, I called few times to fix minors problems.

Customer service and suport Tech are easy to contact.
I am very satisfied with this company

Do not hesitate to ask if you have more questions.
When you contacted tech or customer service, were they OK with English or you needed Mandarin as another poster said?
Jan 31, 2007
1997 posts
545 upvotes
Markham
I've been a customer of YesUpNet.com/Altimatel for many years, first on DSL and on cable internet since Dec 5th, 2013. It's great. Everyone I've ever dealt with speaks English. Yes, some struggle with the language, a bit, but it's nothing that would frustrate me. When I was switching from their DSL to their cable, I went in to their offices to pick up the modem because I also wanted to pick up their IPTV box, but they advised against IPTV because the language I was after had just underwent a downgrade and could drop off the line-up at any time.
[inappropriate signature]
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1980 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
lachdanan wrote: I also hate teksavvy limits. When I bought it first time it was unlimited, they changed later to 300GB limit. Any good alternatives for Montreal?
Don't they still have unlimited?
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)