Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Altitude Sports

Bear spray and holster $49.99 free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2021 10:19 am
Nov 4, 2006
723 posts
821 upvotes
Vancouver

[Altitude Sports] Bear spray and holster $49.99 free shipping

Deal Link:
Price:
$49.99
Retailer:
Altitude Sports
More offers from Altitude Sports
Why this is a good deal not blazing hot but good

reasonable price for higher capacity volume
comes with holster
Altitude ships it to you (very few do...able to do so as they use shipper who is prepared to do so)
5% off everyday and if member, doubled to 10% (you may need a filler re shipping then)
cashback from one of your favourites ...rakuten today 11%
Need to add filler to get over $50 unless you buy 2

pretty sure this is the holster you receive
holster

general comments
I bought 2. I am replacing an expired spray I had...bottle was pressurized but plastic head was brittle and failed (in my backyard so no damage). My view..if hiking enough 2 is insurance for youself and if your hiking partners does not have one. Good investment over the 3 years of shelf life these give you...they will last longer but test them after expiry date

If you have Royal Bank offer, there is $20 off $100 with altitude sports that will show as a credit on your next statment

Finally, if you have expired bear spray do not recyle them..if they are punctured all hell will break out..TAKE THEM TO YOUR LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT PLEASE
Last edited by ryk1998 on Apr 22nd, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
51 replies
Sep 28, 2009
441 posts
244 upvotes
I've always wondered. Can you put this in your check-in bag when travelling? I've always just bought it when I go to vancouver and given them away.
Nov 4, 2006
723 posts
821 upvotes
Vancouver
You can cross the border with them at least into Canada as that is specially allowed. No chance on plane whether hand baggage or checked. Similar to iso butane on planes..no no no
Jul 4, 2016
72 posts
67 upvotes
Ordered 1... I've been meaning to replace my expired one for.. 5 years now. Finally did it.. thanks!
Jul 21, 2013
979 posts
661 upvotes
Calgary
ngl wrote: I've always wondered. Can you put this in your check-in bag when travelling? I've always just bought it when I go to vancouver and given them away.
Anything pressurized isn't allowed, you'll have a bad time opening your luggage at arrivals.
Apr 20, 2020
69 posts
111 upvotes
snootchiebootchies wrote: Not as effective but this bear bell is on sale on Amazon for $5. It's an add-on item though.

Coleman Bear Bell
I am laughing at this. While i fully support and believe in the bear bells. i'm picturing a bear charging at someone and them pulling out the bell to save their ass!
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3696 upvotes
Roger21 wrote: Anything pressurized isn't allowed, you'll have a bad time opening your luggage at arrivals.
Aerosols in normal quantities are allowed in checked bags.

Bear spray is not, just in case anything should happen.
Dec 9, 2017
414 posts
1129 upvotes
Outdoorsmen should recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear poop. Black bear poop is smaller and contains a lot of berry seeds and squirrel fur. Grizzly bear poop has little bells in it and smells like pepper spray.
Sep 17, 2012
430 posts
714 upvotes
Mississauga
Kasakato wrote: Aerosols in normal quantities are allowed in checked bags.

Bear spray is not, just in case anything should happen.
Yup. Some Aerosols are allowed but bear spray, mace and pepper spray are prohibited. This is Air Canada's policy. See the 'Defence / Incapacitating sprays' section.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Insert "Perfect for my next riot' comment here.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1397 upvotes
Lévis
snootchiebootchies wrote: Not as effective but this bear bell is on sale on Amazon for $5. It's an add-on item though.

Coleman Bear Bell
Not a question of one being better. They are complementary. The bell is to prevent, spray is to defend. Like smoke detector and fire extinguisher, complementary.
Pourquoi pas?
Dec 18, 2010
758 posts
887 upvotes
Vancouver
Stupid question but will this be effective for cougars too?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes
Maybe some are but I'm sure most of you are not buying this to protect against bears.

Just an FYI - if walking around with bear spray you could be charged with carrying a concealed or restricted weapon.

Bear spray is not illegal in Canada but it can only be used for its intended purpose. Some may not be aware..
May 29, 2020
902 posts
1709 upvotes
Vancouver
Tha DraGun wrote: Maybe some are but I'm sure most of you are not buying this to protect against bears.

Just an FYI - if walking around with bear spray you could be charged with carrying a concealed or restricted weapon.

Bear spray is not illegal in Canada but it can only be used for its intended purpose. Some may not be aware..
You think that cause you don't live in an area with bears
Aug 24, 2015
552 posts
2211 upvotes
AB
iN10Se wrote: Stupid question but will this be effective for cougars too?
In my experience, cougars love Tom Ford Tuscan Leather. Bear spray will most definitely keep them off the prowl if you see them approach you.
Nov 4, 2006
723 posts
821 upvotes
Vancouver
Tha DraGun wrote: Maybe some are but I'm sure most of you are not buying this to protect against bears.

If walking on granville Street in Vancouver on a Saturday night with it on your belt...likely to be stopped. If for its intended purpose on the Howe Sound Crest Trail no. And if bussing it to Cypress, put it in your pack.

Aside...I touched my eye with a drop of the stuff by mistake....it took 15 minutes or constant irrigating with water to lessen the sting..cannot even imagine getting a face full of the spray...that would be pain to the extreme....please only use for intended purpose.

In BC you are supposed to sign a waiver and I beleive register ie Canadian Tire, Sportchek so that there is a paper trail. In the wrong hands this stuff while not deadly can cause havoc.
Apr 20, 2020
69 posts
111 upvotes
ryk1998 wrote:
In BC you are supposed to sign a waiver and I beleive register ie Canadian Tire, Sportchek so that there is a paper trail. In the wrong hands this stuff while not deadly can cause havoc.
When i bought my last can at Canadian Tire here in Winnipeg a few years back, same thing, had to show ID and sign a waiver.
I'm surprised they sell it online.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)