Hot Deals

Altitude Sports Membership $1 (Reg. $24.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2017 9:23 am
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2891 posts
769 upvotes
Toronto
JasonCao wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 9:46 pm
shows $24.99, deal is dead?
Still working. I just signed up to order some Salomon shoes.

Have been waiting for these to go on sale, so this was perfect. Got additional 5% on top of sale price. Thanks OP!
Dec 16, 2012
494 posts
87 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Sooo I got the red flag fever and purchased a membership, but I'm looking through the site and everything is way over priced. Even the under armour (which I don't find higher end at all) is over priced compared to my local store. Am I missing something?
Dec 22, 2010
965 posts
271 upvotes
KillerX wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 9:14 am
Sooo I got the red flag fever and purchased a membership, but I'm looking through the site and everything is way over priced. Even the under armour (which I don't find higher end at all) is over priced compared to my local store. Am I missing something?
Yes.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41014 posts
9910 upvotes
Received an offer tor review this membership purchase to get a $10 credit. :)

I'm just going to wait for the offer to review the charitable donation so I can get to spend $50 on a $15 purchase.

Play it smart. Pay within it.
Dec 22, 2010
965 posts
271 upvotes
KillerX wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 9:48 am
Care to explain?
The sales come and go, and it all depends what you are looking for, but saying everything is overpriced is too broad of a generalization. If you are looking for an ENO housefly, after the membership discount, and the 20% off coupon code the subtotal is $140.59. That's a pretty decent deal.
Dec 16, 2012
494 posts
87 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Priestlydoolong wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 10:15 am
The sales come and go, and it all depends what you are looking for, but saying everything is overpriced is too broad of a generalization. If you are looking for an ENO housefly, after the membership discount, and the 20% off coupon code the subtotal is $140.59. That's a pretty decent deal.
Thank you for your response, it does sound good. I'll just wait for the deals to come then. Where do we find this 20% off coupon?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41014 posts
9910 upvotes
KillerX wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 6:49 pm
Thank you for your response, it does sound good. I'll just wait for the deals to come then. Where do we find this 20% off coupon?
The link will be found on the landing page under sale > coupon codes

For items like cheaper thermarest stuff that don't go on sale , it's actually cheaper to buy it in Canada even with HST especially with the bonus altitudedollars and credits for reviewing purchases but yeah, I don't buy winter jackets unless they are 50% or more off and I already have enough of North Face ones.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7606 posts
2952 upvotes
East York
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 9:30 am
Received an offer tor review this membership purchase to get a $10 credit. :)

I'm just going to wait for the offer to review the charitable donation so I can get to spend $50 on a $15 purchase.

Play it smart. Pay within it.
well i want to review it, but i haven't used it yet so can't really give a proper review... would they still give me $10 credit if i gave them a fake review?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41014 posts
9910 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 11:28 pm
well i want to review it, but i haven't used it yet so can't really give a proper review... would they still give me $10 credit if i gave them a fake review?
You want to review the membership you purchased? You don't need to have used it. Just tell them how awesome it is to get free shipping for $49 and up orders or maybe that you will be getting 5% + 5% on some purchases. It's not fake, it's really what the membership is all about.
Last edited by alanbrenton on Nov 4th, 2017 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7606 posts
2952 upvotes
East York
alanbrenton wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 11:30 pm
You want to remove the membership you purchased? You don't need to have used it. Just tell them how awesome it is to get free shipping for $49 and up orders or maybe that you will be getting 5% + 5% on some purchases. It's not fake, it's really what the membership is all about.
oh, ok i guess you're right. thanks!
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41014 posts
9910 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 11:32 pm
oh, ok i guess you're right. thanks!
And if you bought the $15 for $30 charitable donation, wait for the review on that too. Altitudesports will send you an email offer to review the product you purchased.

For my main account, I did get $10 credit for both. For a second account I opened, I have yet to receive the email invite to review the charitable donation. :)
Apr 8, 2017
110 posts
27 upvotes
Maple Ridge
You can pricematch something like the marmot precip to $90 then add that $40 (after you get the 10 for a review)... Makes it a pretty good deal for the jacket that is quite popular.... I PM'ed it but didn't buy because... I don't need it :P
Apr 8, 2017
110 posts
27 upvotes
Maple Ridge
Yea i've pricematched a few things, they respond within a day at the most i've found...Though I always PM but never actually buy the thing.

Also, they usually apply the 5% membership discount as well with the PM, but no others.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)