Hot Deals

Altitude Sports Membership $1 (Reg. $24.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 12:32 am
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
3960 posts
1311 upvotes
BC
I purchased some winter boots (cheapest price anywhere for that model/brand) last week and received an extra 8% discount for being a member (special promo). Saved me at least $12. The membership paid for itself 12 times over.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

¯\_(-.-)_/¯
Dec 10, 2004
54 posts
19 upvotes
Are they supposed to email or mail you the membership code? My order status (got membership only this time) reads the following since Saturday:

"Your order is confirmed
We've accepted your order, and we're getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your order status."
Dec 10, 2007
264 posts
6 upvotes
ross wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 9:43 am
Are they supposed to email or mail you the membership code? My order status (got membership only this time) reads the following since Saturday:

"Your order is confirmed
We've accepted your order, and we're getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your order status."
Shoot them an email. Nothing happened for me until I inquired.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5247 posts
1446 upvotes
Great deal. Been a member for years. Always top notch quality and service + best price.
No brainer.
I order many models and sizes and just return the ones I don't want to keep. It's like bringing the store to you!
Dec 10, 2004
54 posts
19 upvotes
Iggynatz wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 9:45 am
Shoot them an email. Nothing happened for me until I inquired.
Order was processed later today, but I didn't get any emails... It appears that the new membership is now linked to my account. It would be nice for Altitude to communicate better the status of my membership order.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40869 posts
9762 upvotes
Anyone know how long we have before the offer to review a product (for $10 with a 90 day expiration) expires? I'm thinking of waiting until a month before the next $15 for $30 campaign in spring is launched. :)
Aug 6, 2017
23 posts
78 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
Awesome! Didn't really know what this site is but looks something like Sporting Life! Got the membership just in case I'll need anything in the future :) Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
3725 posts
450 upvotes
Montreal
Is there any additional discount code?

The website is really well designed and doesn't lag a single bit. Kudos to the programmers.
Oct 16, 2010
19 posts
6 upvotes
At first I glanced at the website to see tha they sell Winter clothing and ski equipment. Upon further inspection, their prices are extremely high. I don't get what's so great about this place? Website looks good, process sounds great, company overall seems pretty legit. But to me it seems like they sell mostly luxury brands and everything is priced at a premium to cover the shipping.

There are some pros:

The membership is only $1 right now.
You can pay with Paypal

So I thought hey, why not get a $1 membership just in case. Still, I'm finding it really hard to discover anything that I would even buy. I'm certainly not interested in $500-1200 jackets, $200-$500 boots, or even $30 for one pair of socks. Where are the good buys here?
Jul 25, 2015
368 posts
151 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Proxism wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 11:58 pm
At first I glanced at the website to see tha they sell Winter clothing and ski equipment. Upon further inspection, their prices are extremely high. I don't get what's so great about this place? Website looks good, process sounds great, company overall seems pretty legit. But to me it seems like they sell mostly luxury brands and everything is priced at a premium to cover the shipping.

There are some pros:

The membership is only $1 right now.
You can pay with Paypal

So I thought hey, why not get a $1 membership just in case. Still, I'm finding it really hard to discover anything that I would even buy. I'm certainly not interested in $500-1200 jackets, $200-$500 boots, or even $30 for one pair of socks. Where are the good buys here?
Why buy a membership then? If you think its too expensive, just stick to sportcheck or walmart.
Apr 8, 2017
104 posts
27 upvotes
Maple Ridge
You can pricematch pretty successfully with them. Good quality gear is expensive, though. But I agree that a fair chunk of their stuff are things I would never even consider buying for what they're asking..

But people must.
Oct 16, 2010
19 posts
6 upvotes
Sinasta wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 12:00 am
Why buy a membership then? If you think its too expensive, just stick to sportcheck or walmart.
I bought a membership because I normally shop for these kinds of items (just at lower price-points), it's only $1 so it makes no difference to me, but mostly because I think $1 is a good bet on a buying opportunity some time in the future.

I normally shop for this stuff at Sportchek, local sports stores, and Costco where I can find high-quality items for a good value. I'm frugal, not cheap, so if there's something that's a good value to me I'll buy it. Last year I bought a Hugo Boss Peacoat for $480 at end of season that was listed for $800. Price doesn't scare me; I care only about the quality/value I get from something so I'll wait to see if this store offers value.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

adilh53