None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2001
8451 posts
1426 upvotes
Toronto

ALWAYS check Heatware Refs!

There has been a number of scammers attempting to impersonate established traders by referring to Heatware accounts they don't actually own. You should always email the person's registered Heatware email address to verify that the person you are dealing with is in fact who they say they are!

Be very wary of new members who contact you through the PM system!
26 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
2351 posts
1 upvote
roger that, always message the heatware account to confirm its his heatware if the guys a newbie.
I have "heatware", "howardforums", and 'RFD" all positive over 60+ referrals under the same screen-name!
Dec 9, 2005
43 posts
Oshawa, ON
Thanks, I signed up as well. If you plan on BST, I would highly suggest you get an account as it only benefits you more!

www.heatware.com
Aug 5, 2005
462 posts
14 upvotes
I signed up with them using gmail accounts and never got the confirmation email. I think I've signed up with them at least 2x and it's getting annoying for me.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

I'd prefer to keep my yahoo/hotmail accnts free from this because I like gmail's setup more for communication. =(
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27746 posts
788 upvotes
Dildo, NL
LeeBoA wrote:
Jun 10th, 2006 1:03 am
roger that, always message the heatware account to confirm its his heatware if the guys a newbie.
hey this is a good suggestion.

I'm going to try and start collecting best suggestions for safe trading practices, and post it up.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Deal Addict
May 4, 2004
2507 posts
21 upvotes
Also with regards to Heatware, beware there were people living negative feedback to people who they never dealt with.

Is it possible to have a RFD feedback system?
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27746 posts
788 upvotes
Dildo, NL
malaco0219 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2007 7:56 pm
...Is it possible to have a RFD feedback system?
Most definately. vBulletin..the forum engine has a module or WHATever it's called., 'plug-in' that provisions for this.

Whether the admins want to integrate it....is another issue altogether. Start a thread recommending it.

Make a poll with two options. Yes, No. Question is., do we want an internal RFD Feedback system?
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
Deal Addict
May 4, 2004
2507 posts
21 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote:
Jan 31st, 2007 10:56 pm
Most definately. vBulletin..the forum engine has a module or WHATever it's called., 'plug-in' that provisions for this.

Whether the admins want to integrate it....is another issue altogether. Start a thread recommending it.

Make a poll with two options. Yes, No. Question is., do we want an internal RFD Feedback system?
you wanan do the honours? hahaha =]
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27746 posts
788 upvotes
Dildo, NL
malaco0219 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2007 12:05 am
you wanan do the honours? hahaha =]
I do believe I brought it up previously., and it didn't take off...though I didn't make it exclusively on this thread subject alone. It was touched on in a subsequent post to the scammer thread., where I screenpicked a couple proposed options on this plug-in.
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
1726 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
I actually just registered to do a transaction, i was looking to leave feedback for the seller and couldn't find any, so i just registered on Heatware also.
Also i thought this was a good time to make my first post.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. :idea:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2001
8451 posts
1426 upvotes
Toronto
bubble.tea wrote:
Jan 31st, 2007 10:56 pm

It's in testing.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27746 posts
788 upvotes
Dildo, NL
Ryan wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2007 10:55 pm
It's in testing.
OH...MY...GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD!!!!!

Can I help trouble-shoot it please. I've been known to be QUITE efficient at detecting 'issues'.

I have references (namely a couple of your own mods).
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Yota Mafia]
Deal Addict
May 4, 2004
2507 posts
21 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote:
Mar 4th, 2007 12:06 am
OH...MY...GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD!!!!!

Can I help trouble-shoot it please. I've been known to be QUITE efficient at detecting 'issues'.

I have references (namely a couple of your own mods).
lol
pwnage!
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19268 posts
1431 upvotes
Ryan wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2007 10:55 pm
It's in testing.
interesting, but what about people with existing heatware feedback? Do we have to build that up over again ?

(I guess we could ask the previous people that we did transactions for to leave feedback again)..........hahha oh man........