Off Topic

Am I missing anything if I've never been clubbing/dancing before?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2013 1:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
257 upvotes
Mississauga
HTTP04 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 6:49 pm
I agree with you.

I always question the quality of girls that I meet at clubs.

Pretty? Yeah.

Other redeemable qualities except looks? Questionable.
That's pretty judgemental.
When I went clubbing I met girls with the same redeemable qualities that I met anywhere else. They were students, white collar etc.
They just happened to like going out with friends on sat nights as well to listen to music and dance.
In many ways they were more sincere than the guys in the clubs who forced thmselves to dance like pricks just because they knew it was something you had to do in order to meet girls. I was one of them.
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2010
5200 posts
161 upvotes
stealth wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 7:39 pm
That's pretty judgemental.
When I went clubbing I met girls with the same redeemable qualities that I met anywhere else. They were students, white collar etc.
They just happened to like going out with friends on sat nights as well no listen to music and dance.
In many ways they were more sincere than the guys in the clubs who forced thmselves to dance like pricks just because they knew it was something you had to do in order to meet girls. I was one of them.
Not saying all of them are like that but yeah.
ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ
Jan 25, 2013
252 posts
26 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
House parties ftw forever. No need to go clubbin' when you can do your own thing at home. Way better than being rubbed by sweaty bodies of strangers.
“Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore.” - Lady Gaga
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4018 posts
301 upvotes
DDD: If you are wondering about it, might as well go and see for yourself.

I've been twice and personally I can't see the appeal (well I also went to an all-ages one when I was 17 which doesn't count.) Invited out by people I know, and yes it's true the guys assume you're there looking to get "picked up", are overly aggressive, either too young or too old, wanting to buy you alcoholic drinks even if all you want is water, acting emasculated if you want to buy them a drink instead and refusing to accept. I find out the gin & tonic I don't like cost them $6 which makes me feel bad. Then I have a girl at the coatcheck line patting my behind telling me I have a nice bum, because I do.

I'd rather stay home alone and read a book next time I'm invited out. I know, I'm a party pooper and a half.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
HTTP04 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 6:49 pm
I agree with you.

I always question the quality of girls that I meet at clubs.

Pretty? Yeah.

Other redeemable qualities except looks? Questionable.
Most judgmental poster on RFD.

OP, just go clubbing. YOLO.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
563 upvotes
Toronto
stealth wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 1:09 pm
You're missing something if you're attractive and have reaonably good game. Otherwise, it's just one more place you'll be ignored by hot ppl.
Harsh, but true.
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2010
5200 posts
161 upvotes
Why does Deals Deals Deals never give us any updates?

He always asks about "What do I do with my dream girl XYZ in ZYX situation" then never follows up on what happened.

DDD why you leave us hanging :(
ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34352 posts
1478 upvotes
Toronto
They're fun. Not all the time though.
I used to think they were a BLAST when I was in my early 20s.
I went every other week for about a 1/2? Then it turned out to be a once in a blue moon type of thing. Birthdays, random nights you feel like it, Long weekends etc...

I guess everyone can experience it once or twice just for kicks.
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/lbqqav3][size=100][B]
  • Urbanpoet's lottery pool is BACK![/B][/size][/url]
  • 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight."
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13267 posts
228 upvotes
Midland
I'm in my late 40's now, but when I was younger, I rarely went to bars (they didn't really call them clubs back then).
Whenever I did, I found it very pretentious and unsatisfying.
The guy who could BS the most got the girls and I wasn't a BSer or a loudmouth.
I was pretty shy and reserved and was more interested in a real, lasting relationship. It's not something you're likely to find in that type of atmosphere.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34352 posts
1478 upvotes
Toronto
gordholio wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 11:31 pm
I'm in my late 40's now, but when I was younger, I rarely went to bars (they didn't really call them clubs back then).
Whenever I did, I found it very pretentious and unsatisfying.
The guy who could BS the most got the girls and I wasn't a BSer or a loudmouth.
I was pretty shy and reserved and was more interested in a real, lasting relationship. It's not something you're likely to find in that type of atmosphere.
Didn't they call them disco's?

I think 'clubs' these days are slowly shifting their wording to 'lounge'. I guess so they can slowly move up and be even more pretentious. :lol:
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/lbqqav3][size=100][B]
  • Urbanpoet's lottery pool is BACK![/B][/size][/url]
  • 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight."
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
2474 posts
122 upvotes
Pickering
I was always a bar / house party guy when I was younger, only a few clubs, never saw the reason for them other than being stuck with 500 people you can't talk to due to noise. Oddly enough I started going to clubs again with my wife, just for the lulz, and yeah it can be fun if you're with the right person, OP live a little and give it a try, but don't go by yourself whatever you do, not fun.
May 14, 2003
390 posts
7 upvotes
Check out the venue called Footwork in Toronto, I don't really like "clubbing" but this place has an incredible sound system and always talented DJ's from the local Toronto scene and others around the world. I like going to listen to the music on a sound system that's way more expensive than I could afford at home and also plays much louder than I can at home. Depends on what you want to do at the club I guess. I'm not a dancer but others that do dance seem to love it.
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=20573

Geeked Out Since Cub Scouts
Feb 4, 2009
349 posts
38 upvotes
Clubbing with top 40 music? No thanks.

DJ Shows? Absolutely. Whats the difference you ask? The energy level, the music, and overall crowd interaction. Definitely not everybodys cup of tea, but they're incredibly fun for people in their 20s (although you can definitely burn yourself out if you go to too many shows).
× < >