• Oct 3rd, 2012 1:53 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
10891 posts
5317 upvotes
Toronto
That looks horrible. My condolences to anyone with a car like that. Good kms though. Love packarbell's ridiculous threads with massive photos.
[OP]
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
541 upvotes
koffey wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2012 8:19 am
That looks horrible. My condolences to anyone with a car like that. Good kms though. Love packarbell's ridiculous threads with massive photos.
well the misses was looking to buy this big hello kitty sticker to put on the rear glass :)
[OP]
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
541 upvotes
garyhudson wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2012 11:55 pm
If you love your wife, buy her a newer car (if situation permits), something newer with side air bags and ESP and a strong passenger cell. Civics from that period are built like tin cans.....
she loves the civic, it was big upgrade from the 1996 tercel, lol! insurance per year for her is 190.00 taxes included. The 6 gen civic imo handles, drives and made better than newer gen civics.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2012
2252 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
packardbell wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2012 1:05 pm
she loves the civic, it was big upgrade from the 1996 tercel, lol! insurance per year for her is 190.00 taxes included. The 6 gen civic imo handles, drives and made better than newer gen civics.
yes i know the later gen civics are really crappy compared to the 6th gen in terms of driving dynamics, but they are safer with air bags and electronic aids and stuff. Does that car even have ABS? coz if you are living in area with a lot of snow, having such aids can be useful sometimes, even if you wife is a F1 racer lol.

But of course, if she likes it, its all good. As long as she drives safely, the Civic should be a lot of fun.

P.S. I just had a wild thought of you fitting a race-spec roll cage into her civic to increase structural integrity lol
[OP]
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
541 upvotes
garyhudson wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2012 1:15 pm
yes i know the later gen civics are really crappy compared to the 6th gen in terms of driving dynamics, but they are safer with air bags and electronic aids and stuff. Does that car even have ABS? coz if you are living in area with a lot of snow, having such aids can be useful sometimes, even if you wife is a F1 racer lol.

But of course, if she likes it, its all good. As long as she drives safely, the Civic should be a lot of fun.

P.S. I just had a wild thought of you fitting a race-spec roll cage into her civic to increase structural integrity lol
I see you know your hondahs well :) , her civic EX is top of the line us model but unfortunately it does not have abs, I am just wondering if she drove a car with ABS going on and off.

That is a great idea if I have time to install a roll cage, I got my tig welder and just need to buy the piping :)
haha
[OP]
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
541 upvotes
oksir wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2012 1:41 pm
Why cant you buy her a new car??
what is wrong with her car? super cheap insurance under 200.00 dollars per year, no loan or payments to be made on car, cheap on gas for 1.6 SOHC, not a rust bucket (rust free floors), parts are cheap, easy to repair at home, about 157,000 kilometers.