Home & Garden

Am I really back luck? Both Samsung Washer and Induction Range dead within one month

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2017 4:38 pm
Dec 10, 2002
663 posts
45 upvotes

Am I really back luck? Both Samsung Washer and Induction Range dead within one month

Washer/Dryer combo was purchased in 2011, a couple weeks ago, while we were using it, we heard a loud popping sound from it, then saw and smelled smoke from it, wife had to open the door windows to let the smoke go away, and we found the rubber gasket is broken.

Now the trouble again. We have the induction range from Samsung, the model number is FTQ307NW. Purchased 5.5 years ago. We purchased it from Sears, luckily we purchased the extended warranty, but it only covers a maximum of 5 years. A few months ago, it stopped working, we have it serviced under Sears' extended warranty. Now it broke again!

Guess I am really bad luck! in less than one month, two of my Samsung products stopped working! My advice? stay away from Samsung home appliance! Especially induction range and front load washer!
26 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19239 posts
17866 upvotes
GTA, ON
Samsung for televisions and cell phones, that's it. Electronics is where they shine, any else, meh...

For a washer/dryer, go with Whirlpool or one of the other companies (i.e. Maytag) dedicated to making those products.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38392 posts
12011 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
chimaican wrote: Samsung for televisions and cell phones, that's it. Electronics is where they shine, any else, meh...

For a washer/dryer, go with Whirlpool or one of the other companies (i.e. Maytag) dedicated to making those products.
No televisions or cell phones for me either. I went with an Electrolux washer and dryer the second time around. No complaints so far.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
3681 posts
2388 upvotes
Mississauga
I have a Samsung refrigerator and dishwasher of similar vintage (dec 2011) and both have required maintenance every 12-14 months. Sears warranty has been good so far and ends next September.

I also bought a Samsung gas stove mid 2012 which was an open box at the Sears outlet. It's been problem free(knock on wood)
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
3681 posts
2388 upvotes
Mississauga
Gee wrote: No televisions or cell phones for me either. I went with an Electrolux washer and dryer the second time around. No complaints so far.
I got my Electrolux laundry pair about 24 months ago. It still works like new.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
3681 posts
2388 upvotes
Mississauga
Gee wrote: Did you get the 601? Did you get the pedestals?
Previous generation with pedestals in white. I think the 601 launched 6 months later.

Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38392 posts
12011 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Nice set. I purchased the 601 in grey and I bought the pedestals so I didn't have to bend over. However, it doesn't work in my laundry room. Now I have a brand new pair of pedestals and I can't return them.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21246 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
I only use Samsung for TVs and phones. Never for appliances. Though my house came with Samsung stove and fridge, probably a few years old now.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
My Samsung washer/dryer set is going on 5 years now. Zero issues other than the recall. On the other hand, my Samsung tv is trash. So many damn problems and it's only 3 years old.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5853 posts
1695 upvotes
does Samsung have a one time service/fix for a set amount of money?

i remember reading somewhere that LG has a one-time fix for $100 or so.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27802 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Another vote for Samsung & electronics... Tv & Phones no problems.

Have not bought Samsung Appliances cause I've read / heard lots of bad stories (friends / family)

Our W&D set is Maytag... Just hitting end of year 7, and is a workhorse. No complaints.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23731 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Samsung is garbage. QC? That's not even in their vocabulary.
Mar 20, 2006
284 posts
70 upvotes
Edmonton, Alberta
I have always had Samsung Televisions. Never any issues.

I bought a Chef collection Fridge and Induction stove and they have been amazing so far (knock on wood). When I went to my normal guy to buy a matching dishwasher, he would not allow me to buy a Samsung due to how many they have come back. I will be replacing my washer dryer in the next year and am considering LG.
Aug 3, 2011
418 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Samsung is only good for the electronics in my opinion. For home appliance, I seriously prefer LG instead.
Dec 10, 2002
663 posts
45 upvotes
So I did some research online, and I am not alone! My symptom of my range is two left burners stopped working and cannot detect pots. A quick search shows these

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-stove-oven-rang ... nFlag=true

http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/ove ... range.html

https://www.justanswer.com/appliance/80 ... opped.html

Clearly a manufacture flaw. So I decided to email Samsung and see what they say, here is their response:
Dear go77306,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Care.

We realize the situation when the appliances have such issues in a short span.

We understand your point and concern as a consumer perspective. However, there are no such reported issues with the range. We respect our customer comments but the information posted on forums cannot always be validated and cannot be considered as genuine. We observe that many similar described issues are posted as a unique issue, but when assessed the actual causes of these instances often differ.

Unfortunately, as the unit is out of warranty we do not have an option to accommodate your request for warranty service.

We request you to get the unit serviced by our authorized service technicians. You can access the web link given below to find the nearest service centre locations.

http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/servicelocation

Thank you for your understanding.

Please note: If you have any other questions or concern, please feel free to select any of the contact options available on the right side of the email.

Thank you for being a Samsung Customer!
Kind Regards,
What? I am reporting the problem now and he says no report? I am making this public so let you guys know how they treat their customers and to warn everyone who wants to buy Samsung products. It happened to me, it may happen to you.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
3488 posts
1532 upvotes
Toronto
We have Samsung washer/dryer (two sets - one for us, one for tenant), electric range and microwave - never had an issue since they were new in 2009. From my research, Samsung is no better or worse than other manufacturers. You will find similar stories about other brands if you look at forums.
Glazers Out!