Home & Garden

Amana Washer and Dryer

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2018 10:11 pm
14 replies
Oct 24, 2008
748 posts
331 upvotes
We had an Amana stove in our old rental apartment. It broke within weeks of having it. We had it replaced with another unit which worked a lot better, but after a couple of years one of the burners stopped working. I'll never buy Amana again.

No experience with their Washer/Dryers..
[OP]
Nov 13, 2016
88 posts
25 upvotes
This is why I'm skeptical about Amana. I don't want to purchase a product that will break down shortly after purchase.
bpcrally wrote:
Dec 20th, 2017 3:45 pm
We had an Amana stove in our old rental apartment. It broke within weeks of having it. We had it replaced with another unit which worked a lot better, but after a couple of years one of the burners stopped working. I'll never buy Amana again.

No experience with their Washer/Dryers..
May 28, 2012
9730 posts
1945 upvotes
Saskatoon
We have an Amana fridge that's over 20 years old and still working fine. I don't think this company has kept up with this degree of quality since then.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
28308 posts
1993 upvotes
Winnipeg
my house came with it and it worked fine
Nov 30, 2011
763 posts
197 upvotes
GTA
Amana is made by Whirlpool, same as Maytag, Kitchen Aid and others. It comes with a one year warranty and use a credit card that extends for another year. if anything is to go wrong it will likely be in first 2 years.
[OP]
Nov 13, 2016
88 posts
25 upvotes
I ended up purchasing this set from Leons. It was $998 at Leons compared to $1188 at The Brick. Still needs to be installed.

Leons customer service is horrendous. They delivered the machines but did not haul away the old ones, even though the sales rep confirmed twice they would haul away.
Oct 24, 2008
748 posts
331 upvotes
Sounds like a good deal. I'm sure they will be fine. I bought LG thinking I was buying better quality, and received a dead on arrival unit. After hours on the phone with LG customer service telling me it was my power and to get an electrician, I finally got home depot to do the exchange. New one works fine, but it certainly did not make me feel confident in the machine or LG customer service...
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
14479 posts
3957 upvotes
jsquared21 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 11:48 am
I ended up purchasing this set from Leons. It was $998 at Leons compared to $1188 at The Brick. Still needs to be installed.

Leons customer service is horrendous. They delivered the machines but did not haul away the old ones, even though the sales rep confirmed twice they would haul away.
That is a good price, do let us know how they do.
I've heard much worse stories about the brick's customer service even though they are affiliated companies, though sometimes its worth price matching just to get better customer service...
Was it a boxing day sale for $998?
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
[OP]
Nov 13, 2016
88 posts
25 upvotes
I went with Amana as they are manufactured by Whirlpool/Maytag, I have confidence in those brands.
bpcrally wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 3:38 pm
Sounds like a good deal. I'm sure they will be fine. I bought LG thinking I was buying better quality, and received a dead on arrival unit. After hours on the phone with LG customer service telling me it was my power and to get an electrician, I finally got home depot to do the exchange. New one works fine, but it certainly did not make me feel confident in the machine or LG customer service...
[OP]
Nov 13, 2016
88 posts
25 upvotes
Yeah it was a boxing day door crasher deal, however it was not advertised on their boxing day flyer. Although it was advertised on their boxing day tv commercial.
Quentin5 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 7:11 pm
That is a good price, do let us know how they do.
I've heard much worse stories about the brick's customer service even though they are affiliated companies, though sometimes its worth price matching just to get better customer service...
Was it a boxing day sale for $998?
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
14479 posts
3957 upvotes
jsquared21 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 9:00 am
I went with Amana as they are manufactured by Whirlpool/Maytag, I have confidence in those brands.
I have wondered if they make Amana with cheaper parts, but no way to know. Hopefully not but i do hope you will keep us updated.
jsquared21 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 9:02 am
Yeah it was a boxing day door crasher deal, however it was not advertised on their boxing day flyer. Although it was advertised on their boxing day tv commercial.
No cable TV here so i would not have known
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
[OP]
Nov 13, 2016
88 posts
25 upvotes
Posting a review of the laundry pair - it works great, so far no complaints. Clothes wash clean, and dry well. Automatic settings are good.
Apr 30, 2013
414 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
jsquared21 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 11:48 am

Leon's owns The Brick since 2013.