Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9029 posts
1762 upvotes

Amazfit Bip smartwatch - 30+ day battery + GPS for $60-$99 USD

Deal Link:
Price:
$99.99
You cannot load apps on this one BUT - 30-45 day battery life and great functionality seem to make up for it. Ships in March.

Here is are the main features of this watch :

- Record-breaking battery life: Up to 30 days with regular use and up to 45 days with minimal notifications.
- Super light weight: Comfortable to wear every day, for sport and sleep tracking.
- Notifications: Receive notifications for calls, messages, emails, and other apps on the always-on color touch display.
- Multisport tracking: Track your runs, cycling and more with mapped routes, detailed stats and heart rate zones.
- Latest technology: GPS, 3-axis accelerometer, optical heart rate sensor, barometer and compass.
- Always-on display: the reflective touch screen provides at-a-glance view for time, date, steps, weather, sports stats etc.

Seems hot to me. Some writeups :

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker ... nouncement

https://www.androidauthority.com/amazfi ... ge-835357/

Alternatively available on Geekbuy for $60 but the wait....

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/English ... S_qSghaN7g

Update 1

Just as an FYI - I have this watch and it is by far the best smartwatch for the money I have seen anywhere. Price has gone up a little to USD$69.
Last edited by kool1 on Feb 7th, 2018 9:31 am, edited 8 times in total.
1359 replies
Aug 14, 2011
89 posts
21 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Yup looks good. I'm a fan xiaomi products and have been using the MI band 2 for over a year so far. The battery life is amazing and if all you need is a fitness tracker then it does its job.

I picked up the Amazfit yesterday from here for around $75CAD. I think its worth it.

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/English ... 87929.html
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1517 posts
229 upvotes
Hamilton
How accurate is this compared to fitbit and garmin hr+?
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13679 posts
6095 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I wonder what battery life is like with the GPS on. With some other devices, including high-end bands, it's only a few hours. That's not enough for people in the great outdoors who may need 10 to 12 hours at a time. Also they need to be able to recharge using a standard USB (USB-C, µUSB) interface. I don't see anything yet on how the Bip recharges, i.e. via proprietary dock, cable, etc.

It's interesting that while amazon.com doesn't show the Bip yet, not even pre-order, they do have several listings for bands that fit the Bip.
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Aug 14, 2011
89 posts
21 upvotes
Richmond Hill
No idea how accurate the Amazfit will be, but the MI Band 2 has been pretty accurate for me and the battery life being around 30-45 days is the best part. Nothing comes close to that.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9029 posts
1762 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 9:47 am
I wonder what battery life is like with the GPS on. With some other devices, including high-end bands, it's only a few hours. That's not enough for people in the great outdoors who may need 10 to 12 hours at a time. Also they need to be able to recharge using a standard USB (USB-C, µUSB) interface. I don't see anything yet on how the Bip recharges, i.e. via proprietary dock, cable, etc.

It's interesting that while amazon.com doesn't show the Bip yet, not even pre-order, they do have several listings for bands that fit the Bip.
I was kind of wondering this also... I wouldn't use GPS often but I can't imagine it would shorten the battery to a few hours either.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9029 posts
1762 upvotes
maximum2326 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 9:38 am
Yup looks good. I'm a fan xiaomi products and have been using the MI band 2 for over a year so far. The battery life is amazing and if all you need is a fitness tracker then it does its job.

I picked up the Amazfit yesterday from here for around $75CAD. I think its worth it.

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/English ... 87929.html
This is a "LITE" version - how is it different?
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13679 posts
6095 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
maximum2326 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 9:49 am
the MI Band 2 has been pretty accurate for me and the battery life being around 30-45 days is the best part. Nothing comes close to that.
My Mi Band 1S still does up to 60 days on a charge.
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1305 posts
316 upvotes
Markham
maximum2326 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 9:49 am
No idea how accurate the Amazfit will be, but the MI Band 2 has been pretty accurate for me and the battery life being around 30-45 days is the best part. Nothing comes close to that.
30-45 days rated for step counting + sleep tracking only.
so if you use the HR + GPS, i would think the battery would drain a lot quicker... either way, still interesting to see how long it can last with both HR+GPS on
Aug 14, 2011
89 posts
21 upvotes
Richmond Hill
kool1 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 9:57 am
This is a "LITE" version - how is it different?
I'm not sure, after reading a bunch of reviews I couldn't really find any difference.

As for GPS, some reviews said its lasted a little over day with GPS ON all the time.
Jul 22, 2004
933 posts
273 upvotes
Montreal
Bought the Chinese version for 59.99$USD a few months ago.
The firmware is updatable to support English, so no problem there.

For the price, it's really good. Lightweight and the battery does last for more than a month.

Two issues I have with it:
1. No way to control music playing on your phone.
2. In notifications, emoji or accented letters (French) are replaced by [?].

For the price it's a good "smartish" watch, but it doesn't compare to regular smartwatches.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9029 posts
1762 upvotes
maximum2326 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 10:19 am
I'm not sure, after reading a bunch of reviews I couldn't really find any difference. As for GPS, some reviews said its lasted a little over day with GPS ON all the time.
Ya - I can't see any difference either. Someone mentioned the "Lite" version for $60 at the bottom of one of the articles.

$99+30 shipping to Canada vs. $60 "LITE" from Hong Hong / China... Hummm.,.
Jul 31, 2012
61 posts
34 upvotes
Kynax wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 10:24 am
Two issues I have with it:
1. No way to control music playing on your phone.
2. In notifications, emoji or accented letters (French) are replaced by [?].

For the price it's a good "smartish" watch, but it doesn't compare to regular smartwatches.
I see a lot of people with this issue... What is so difficult with pushing a button on the headset instead of the watch? I do that all the time.
ERROR
You cannot vote on your own post.
May 9, 2005
92 posts
28 upvotes
TORO
I read its about 20 hrs with GPS on all the time.
http://amazfitcentral.com/amazfit-bip-specifications/

bylo wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 9:47 am

Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1474 posts
130 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Anyone know if this has a count-down timer interface?