Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Amazfit Bip smartwatch - 30+ day battery + GPS for $60-$99 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2020 8:35 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12638 posts
6009 upvotes

Amazfit Bip smartwatch - 30+ day battery + GPS for $60-$99 USD

Deal Link:
Price:
$99.99
You cannot load apps on this one BUT - 30-45 day battery life and great functionality seem to make up for it. Ships in March.

Here is are the main features of this watch :

- Record-breaking battery life: Up to 30 days with regular use and up to 45 days with minimal notifications.
- Super light weight: Comfortable to wear every day, for sport and sleep tracking.
- Notifications: Receive notifications for calls, messages, emails, and other apps on the always-on color touch display.
- Multisport tracking: Track your runs, cycling and more with mapped routes, detailed stats and heart rate zones.
- Latest technology: GPS, 3-axis accelerometer, optical heart rate sensor, barometer and compass.
- Always-on display: the reflective touch screen provides at-a-glance view for time, date, steps, weather, sports stats etc.

Seems hot to me. Some writeups :

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker ... nouncement

https://www.androidauthority.com/amazfi ... ge-835357/

Alternatively available on Geekbuy for $60 but the wait....

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/English ... S_qSghaN7g

Update 1

Just as an FYI - I have this watch and it is by far the best smartwatch for the money I have seen anywhere. Price has gone up a little to USD$69.
Last edited by kool1 on Feb 7th, 2018 9:31 am, edited 8 times in total.
1437 replies
Aug 14, 2011
168 posts
68 upvotes
GTA
Yup looks good. I'm a fan xiaomi products and have been using the MI band 2 for over a year so far. The battery life is amazing and if all you need is a fitness tracker then it does its job.

I picked up the Amazfit yesterday from here for around $75CAD. I think its worth it.

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/English ... 87929.html
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1845 posts
451 upvotes
Brampton
How accurate is this compared to fitbit and garmin hr+?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29583 posts
28908 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I wonder what battery life is like with the GPS on. With some other devices, including high-end bands, it's only a few hours. That's not enough for people in the great outdoors who may need 10 to 12 hours at a time. Also they need to be able to recharge using a standard USB (USB-C, µUSB) interface. I don't see anything yet on how the Bip recharges, i.e. via proprietary dock, cable, etc.

It's interesting that while amazon.com doesn't show the Bip yet, not even pre-order, they do have several listings for bands that fit the Bip.
veni, vidi, Visa
Aug 14, 2011
168 posts
68 upvotes
GTA
No idea how accurate the Amazfit will be, but the MI Band 2 has been pretty accurate for me and the battery life being around 30-45 days is the best part. Nothing comes close to that.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12638 posts
6009 upvotes
bylo wrote: I wonder what battery life is like with the GPS on. With some other devices, including high-end bands, it's only a few hours. That's not enough for people in the great outdoors who may need 10 to 12 hours at a time. Also they need to be able to recharge using a standard USB (USB-C, µUSB) interface. I don't see anything yet on how the Bip recharges, i.e. via proprietary dock, cable, etc.

It's interesting that while amazon.com doesn't show the Bip yet, not even pre-order, they do have several listings for bands that fit the Bip.
I was kind of wondering this also... I wouldn't use GPS often but I can't imagine it would shorten the battery to a few hours either.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12638 posts
6009 upvotes
maximum2326 wrote: Yup looks good. I'm a fan xiaomi products and have been using the MI band 2 for over a year so far. The battery life is amazing and if all you need is a fitness tracker then it does its job.

I picked up the Amazfit yesterday from here for around $75CAD. I think its worth it.

This is a "LITE" version - how is it different?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29583 posts
28908 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
maximum2326 wrote: the MI Band 2 has been pretty accurate for me and the battery life being around 30-45 days is the best part. Nothing comes close to that.
My Mi Band 1S still does up to 60 days on a charge.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1716 posts
716 upvotes
Markham
maximum2326 wrote: No idea how accurate the Amazfit will be, but the MI Band 2 has been pretty accurate for me and the battery life being around 30-45 days is the best part. Nothing comes close to that.
30-45 days rated for step counting + sleep tracking only.
so if you use the HR + GPS, i would think the battery would drain a lot quicker... either way, still interesting to see how long it can last with both HR+GPS on
Aug 14, 2011
168 posts
68 upvotes
GTA
kool1 wrote: This is a "LITE" version - how is it different?
I'm not sure, after reading a bunch of reviews I couldn't really find any difference.

As for GPS, some reviews said its lasted a little over day with GPS ON all the time.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1057 posts
530 upvotes
Montreal
Bought the Chinese version for 59.99$USD a few months ago.
The firmware is updatable to support English, so no problem there.

For the price, it's really good. Lightweight and the battery does last for more than a month.

Two issues I have with it:
1. No way to control music playing on your phone.
2. In notifications, emoji or accented letters (French) are replaced by [?].

For the price it's a good "smartish" watch, but it doesn't compare to regular smartwatches.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12638 posts
6009 upvotes
maximum2326 wrote: I'm not sure, after reading a bunch of reviews I couldn't really find any difference. As for GPS, some reviews said its lasted a little over day with GPS ON all the time.
Ya - I can't see any difference either. Someone mentioned the "Lite" version for $60 at the bottom of one of the articles.

$99+30 shipping to Canada vs. $60 "LITE" from Hong Hong / China... Hummm.,.
Jul 31, 2012
451 posts
846 upvotes
Kynax wrote: Two issues I have with it:
1. No way to control music playing on your phone.
2. In notifications, emoji or accented letters (French) are replaced by [?].

For the price it's a good "smartish" watch, but it doesn't compare to regular smartwatches.
I see a lot of people with this issue... What is so difficult with pushing a button on the headset instead of the watch? I do that all the time.
ERROR
You cannot vote on your own post.
May 9, 2005
165 posts
46 upvotes
TORO
I read its about 20 hrs with GPS on all the time.
http://amazfitcentral.com/amazfit-bip-specifications/

bylo wrote: I wonder what battery life is like with the GPS on. With some other devices, including high-end bands, it's only a few hours. That's not enough for people in the great outdoors who may need 10 to 12 hours at a time. Also they need to be able to recharge using a standard USB (USB-C, µUSB) interface. I don't see anything yet on how the Bip recharges, i.e. via proprietary dock, cable, etc.

Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1589 posts
173 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Anyone know if this has a count-down timer interface?
Apr 17, 2006
9 posts
Markham, ON
After trying to find the difference between this and the LITE version, I decided to order the LITE from Gear best for $60 USD on Monday. I still can't find a definitive answer on the difference between them other than the LITE being an "International" version.

However, checking back today, it looks like the link to the product details page on Gear best is down now.
It used to be at: Xiaomi Huami AMAZFIT Bip Lite Version Smart Watch
Aug 14, 2011
168 posts
68 upvotes
GTA
ChiGGz wrote: Anyone know if this has a count-down timer interface?
Yes it does from the review videos I watched.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6499 posts
2544 upvotes
Calgary
I have had this watch for about a year now, i love it, new updates have English language, notifications are really nice, alarms, and tracking, its a great device for the price. (although, i think i recall paying in the $80 range for it, so this may not be an amazing deal)

EDIT: yeah, look it up on aliexpress, can be had for $60USD https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale- ... eedQuery=n
Last edited by T3rry on Feb 7th, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 2, 2009
710 posts
837 upvotes
Ontario
maximum2326 wrote: Yup looks good. I'm a fan xiaomi products and have been using the MI band 2 for over a year so far. The battery life is amazing and if all you need is a fitness tracker then it does its job.

Did you already receive it? How long was shipping from Hong Kong?
Aug 14, 2011
168 posts
68 upvotes
GTA
ikeny wrote: Did you already receive it? How long was shipping from Hong Kong?
No I haven't received it yet. I ordered it after I saw the article similar to the one OP did. I'm guessing I'll get it in a couple of weeks. The last time I ordered the MI Band2 it took around 2 weeks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)