Amazfit Bip smartwatch - 30+ day battery + GPS for $60-$99 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2018 7:23 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5179 posts
1010 upvotes
Scarborough
For those of you who have bought it, would you say it was a good purchase? Worth the price? How does it compare to a legitimate smart watch experience?

Just looking for something to show notifications and possibly be used to skip songs (saw a mod that allowed the power button to do it on YouTube)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9359 posts
2023 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 8:15 am
For those of you who have bought it, would you say it was a good purchase? Worth the price? How does it compare to a legitimate smart watch experience?

Just looking for something to show notifications and possibly be used to skip songs (saw a mod that allowed the power button to do it on YouTube)
Yes - good purchase.

Price and battery life can't be beat, Day 3 and I'm still at 91% battery - unreal.

Function : It's not an android/iOS watch with apps but It's as good as any higher end fitness watch I have tried. Notifications and GPS all work great.
Nov 24, 2003
391 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
Went ahead and ordered one this morning. I'm a bit nervous about it since I've bought and returned two Garmins in the last 6 months. My expectations for this will be lower, but with the Garmins the performance and SW bugs were just not acceptable for $200-250 products.
Apr 11, 2012
320 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
I pulled the trigger today as well. It is available to order at GeekBuy. No more presale. $78.41 with extra strap. Will keep you guy posted once it arrives.
Mar 30, 2010
114 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
SkimGuy wrote:

Been using it just one day so far and it's pretty good. I used to wear a Garmin Vivosmart HR and this is definitely an upgrade. The only problem I'm having so far is that I'm getting multiple app alerts for a single event (e.g., I get a WhatsApp message but it buzzes my wrist a bunch of times instead of just once). I'm not sure where the problem lies but I've turned off app alerts for now because it's driving me crazy. I'm hoping a future MiFit update will fix it.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3537 posts
1128 upvotes
Montreal
Can you sync running activities to Strava?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5179 posts
1010 upvotes
Scarborough
jaggu2001 wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 12:15 pm
I pulled the trigger today as well. It is available to order at GeekBuy. No more presale. $78.41 with extra strap. Will keep you guy posted once it arrives.
Do you have a link? Thanks
Jul 22, 2004
940 posts
279 upvotes
Montreal
SkimGuy wrote:
Can you give more info on that? I haven't found anything about music control.
Mar 30, 2010
114 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Kynax wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 12:55 pm
There's a great XDA thread where someone shows a bunch of cool hacks. Haven't tried any of them yet, though.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
5179 posts
1010 upvotes
Scarborough
Kynax wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 12:55 pm

The poster above me has the relevant XDA thread. You'll have to pay a few bucks in the Google play store for some app but seems to be worth it. It seems to be a new development so more features are to come which is a good sign.
Dec 9, 2017
13 posts
2 upvotes
Has anyone tried Sleep as Android integration or any other forms of smart alarm for this watch?
Apr 11, 2012
320 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
goathead wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 1:12 pm
That's the same one I ordered. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to ship, since it's listed as in stock now. I've never ordered from GB before, but the ability to use Paypal made me happy.
Same here.