Ongoing Deal Discussion

Amazfit Bip smartwatch - 30+ day battery + GPS for $60-$99 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2019 9:10 pm
Nov 15, 2012
212 posts
109 upvotes
Mississauga
Got it from Aliexpress 5-6monts ago. Batt is great, 40+ days. Paid around CAD70.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1057 posts
893 upvotes
VANCOUVER
kool1 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 11:40 am
At this point I would prefer 30 days of battery to a couple of extra apps I might download to make the watch "smarter".
Exactly this. I had the Moto 360 for a year and really liked it but the biggest problem was definitely the battery life. If I started my day at 7am the battery would be dead at 7pm. If I wanted to go out after work I would need to charge it again. Also it was annoying when going away for the weekend to carry another charger (especially if you go somewhere remote or camping). And features like google maps navigation or listening to music would kill the battery in minutes.

In the end I was mainly using it for notifications which I liked so I decided to buy a longer lasting smart watch with long battery life. I was looking forward to the Pebble Time 2 but then pebble got bought out and canceled it. I considered getting the 1st get pebble time but lack of support and supply kind of deterred me.

This Yi watch looks like a perfect solution so I might grab one... probably from Aliexpress since it's so much cheaper. I guess the $30 extra for the US model is probably to pay for certifications (FCC, UL etc)
Feb 7, 2011
413 posts
110 upvotes
karlanda wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 11:42 am
i have this watch, best feature is 30+ day between charging and watch face is always visible. no need to touch the face or press a button to see the time

also watch face is customizable

https://amazfitwatchfaces.com/bip/
You can do with two ways
A. Installing the 11th dial via MiFit

1. Install one of the dials in MiFit, then in the folder on your phone: /Android/data/com.xiaomi.hm.health/files/watch_skin/ a file with a similar name will appear - 2d6bd2d9c7065e94c56f.bin (all the dials have a unique name).
2. Copy the name of the dial in the watch_skin folder on your phone.

3. Then rename the dial downloaded on this site using the previously copied name.

4. Now move the downloaded dial with the changed name to the folder /Android/data/com.xiaomi.hm.health/files/watch_skin/ with the replacement.

5. Launch MiFit and apply the same dial that was set in step one (the preview in mifit will remain unchanged), but the clock should have a downloaded dial from the site.

Note: If the /Android/data/com.xiaomi.hm.health/files/watch_skin / folder already contains the .bin files, then delete it. And begin with point 1 of this instruction

B. Installing the 11th dial via Gadgetbridge

Your smartphone should have a file manager installed.
And also the latest version of gadgetbridge should be installed.

Launch gadgetbridge and connect it to the clock, press the + button to connect the clock.

Download the desired dial file.

Then open the folder with the loaded dial in the file manager. Open the .bin file.

The file manager should prompt you to select the application to open the bin file.

Find and select gadgetbridge.

Press the button to start the installation.

If you did everything right, the watch faces you need appears on the clock.
Jul 31, 2016
262 posts
320 upvotes
Whitby
brava27 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 10:48 am
I see a lot of people with this issue... What is so difficult with pushing a button on the headset instead of the watch? I do that all the time.

If you're running, your phone is in your pocket, your headphones in your ear and your smartwatch on your arm. It's a lot more convenient and I don't even have a smartwatch yet lol.
Jun 2, 2009
631 posts
711 upvotes
Ontario
maximum2326 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 11:17 am
No I haven't received it yet. I ordered it after I saw the article similar to the one OP did. I'm guessing I'll get it in a couple of weeks. The last time I ordered the MI Band2 it took around 2 weeks.
Last time I ordered something from GearXXXX, a different yet similar vendor. It took 2 months! So my guess is at least 1 month here.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9745 posts
2422 upvotes
ikeny wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 12:57 pm
Last time I ordered something from GearXXXX, a different yet similar vendor. It took 2 months! So my guess is at least 1 month here.
Ya - it's really slow. 6 weeks last time, I had forgotten that I ordered the item.

I think it goes on a really slow ship.

That said - U.S. site is not shipping until March anyway...
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15813 posts
8118 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
The main advantage of ordering these sorts of items from Amazon or other US-based sites is you get your stuff much faster. The main disadvantage is the higher cost you have to pay for this advantage.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1786 posts
269 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
I ordered it from eBay last week with ETA end of February.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1489 posts
132 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
$30 USD shipping is brutal
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2003
1489 posts
132 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
$30 USD shipping is brutal. 30% of the product
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9745 posts
2422 upvotes
ChiGGz wrote:
Feb 7th, 2018 2:06 pm
$30 USD shipping is brutal
Just pulled the trigger on Geekb*ying. $30 is too much for shipping.. $60 free shipping sounds better. Will wait it out.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11992 posts
1490 upvotes
Kanata
I'm surprised at the price difference, I ordered it from aliexpress for $73 CAN. Thought about a real smartwatch but all I want it for is to track steps and notification notice since I have my phone on silent most of the day. I guess if you want a real warranty, that's the price to pay.