Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Amazfit Bip smartwatch - 30+ day battery + GPS for $60-$99 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2020 8:35 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2126 posts
1557 upvotes
bylo wrote: Mi Fit -> Profile -> Amazfit Bip -> Watch display settings

What "music control page"?
I would like to be able to change the scroll to right from Alipay to a music control page? There must be a way.
Sep 2, 2010
380 posts
139 upvotes
Alberta
Where do people usually get the Amazfit bip from? I've been following Amazon.ca but looks like the geekbuying site might be cheaper? How long did it take to arrive to Canada? Thanks.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
cookiedoughy wrote: Where do people usually get the Amazfit bip from?
Chinese vendors like GeekBuying and AliExpress are usually the cheapest but take the longest to deliver, typically a month. With any luck you avoid HST, duty and brokerage.

Amazfit has a US store that sells the BIP for US$79. They ship to Canada. They also sell through amazon.com.

Canada Computers used to sell the BIP but I don't see it listed there now.
veni, vidi, Visa
Sep 2, 2010
380 posts
139 upvotes
Alberta
bylo wrote: Chinese vendors like GeekBuying and AliExpress are usually the cheapest but take the longest to deliver, typically a month. With any luck you avoid HST, duty and brokerage.

Amazfit has a US store that sells the BIP for US$79. They ship to Canada. They also sell through amazon.com.

Canada Computers used to sell the BIP but I don't see it listed there now.
Thanks. I saw on Amazon.ca that it's selling for $105.98 with free shipping. That worked out cheaper than from Amazfit US store.

Has anyone actually been charged duty from the Chinese vendors?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
cookiedoughy wrote: Has anyone actually been charged duty from the Chinese vendors?
I wasn't when I bought mine in Sep18 but I had to wait over a month to get it by slow mail. If you pay extra for air express the odds are very high that you will be charged. One advantage of buying from amazon.ca is that you don't face that risk.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jul 30, 2010
231 posts
165 upvotes
Terrebonne
I would like to upgrade my Bip. Any suggestion?

Something similar but more performant.
Jan 18, 2017
824 posts
421 upvotes
I bought this a couple months ago and I don't wear it, PM me if interested in taking it off my hands. In the GTA.
Aug 14, 2011
168 posts
68 upvotes
GTA
Can anyone help me? My watch needed a firmware update yesterday but the mifit app kept crashing when doing the firmware update so I used the notify and fitness app as per someone's suggesstion. The update seemed to be working fine but once it completed the watch won't turn on anymore. It had 100% battery life before the update so that's not it for sure. Any suggestions? My phone can't detect it since it's completely turned off.
Jul 6, 2017
230 posts
117 upvotes
Ontario
I've read mixed reviews on the sleep tracking, which is something I'm very interested in lately. Anyone have feedback on it or can recommend alternatives?
Dec 27, 2002
526 posts
108 upvotes
Mississauga
I found the sleep tracking to be pretty good; for me, I look at both the sleep tracking (sleep duration, deep sleep, etc), but most importantly heart rate, how flat it is. There is a huge difference when I go drinking (+10 or 15 bpm).
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
My Bip is now almost two years old and still going strong.

I'm getting well over a month on a battery recharge. I could probably get 45+ days but I usually recharge when it gets down to 25% of full charge. (Set for continuous HR monitoring, notifications, daily alarm, etc. but no GPS.)
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2591 posts
638 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
My watch starts to drain battery badly these days. How about yours?
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
ma678 wrote: My watch starts to drain battery badly these days. How about yours?
Mine's still good. I don't enable heart rate monitor btw
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2591 posts
638 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
I use sleep assistance only. Where can I check if GPS is enabled by accident? Thanks
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
One thing that is bugging me about it is that I was ahead of 96% of users who have an 8K steps streak. I opened the app on my phone last week and it says that I'm now ahead of 63%.

That makes no sense at all.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Totoriko wrote: One thing that is bugging me about it is that I was ahead of 96% of users who have an 8K steps streak. I opened the app on my phone last week and it says that I'm now ahead of 63%.

That makes no sense at all.
Perhaps more people are getting out and walking due to COVID-19 restrictions, raising the averages. Perhaps you need to get out more ;)

FWIW a few years ago when Google Fit showed that ranking, I was doing better than 100% of the people in my region. That made no sense at first until I realized it was because I was hiking in Europe at the time. See below:

Note that I was averaging almost 24k steps/day that week ;)
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
bylo wrote: Perhaps more people are getting out and walking due to COVID-19 restrictions, raising the averages. Perhaps you need to get out more ;)
It is not statistically possible because someone whose streak is lower than mine cannot 'overtake' me. My streak is 290 days, how can someone get ahead of me if their streak is less?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Totoriko wrote: It is not statistically possible because someone whose streak is lower than mine cannot 'overtake' me. My streak is 290 days, how can someone get ahead of me if their streak is less?
Fair enough. I missed the "streak."

I wonder if Amazfit merged databases for multiple fitness bands and smart watches with more "hard core" users in the newly added DBs than in the old ones.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
bylo wrote:
I wonder if Amazfit merged databases for multiple fitness bands and smart watches with more "hard core" users in the newly added DBs than in the old ones.
That is the only plausible explanation. That sucks because I was aiming for 99% before giving up on it lol
With the pandemic, it's harder to go out and walk for more than an hour

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)