Ongoing Deal Discussion

Amazfit Bip smartwatch - 30+ day battery + GPS for $60-$99 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2018 7:23 am
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4664 posts
667 upvotes
the price on amazon vs shipping from China is negligible at $20.. especially with the Canada Post strike.. maybe MONTHS if you order from CN.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1674 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone share a screenshot of how much customization is available for turning on/off notification for IOS? Key ones I am interested in whether they can be turned on or off individually are:
-sms/imessage
-whatsapp
-wechat
-calander
-facebook
-linkedin
-stock
-outlook
-gmail
-hotmail

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1674 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
redkulat wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 10:20 am
Thanks, I think I'll grab this one. I just need something with a HR monitor. I was thinking of the Mi Band 3 because I bought the Wear24. What do you guys think? The Wear24 is great with everything minus the HR monitoring.
Thanks - is this an official retailer where Amazfit will accept warranty? (unlike ebay seller?)
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
2528 posts
1950 upvotes
azybcxrfd wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 9:30 am
Can anyone share a screenshot of how much customization is available for turning on/off notification for IOS? Key ones I am interested in whether they can be turned on or off individually are:
-sms/imessage
-whatsapp
-wechat
-calander
-facebook
-linkedin
-stock
-outlook
-gmail
-hotmail

Thanks!
AFAIK every single app shows up on my phone for selection, I didn't count, but the list is very long, I don't think you'll have a problem.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2684 posts
1362 upvotes
Toronto
azybcxrfd wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 9:32 am
Thanks - is this an official retailer where Amazfit will accept warranty? (unlike ebay seller?)
I'm not entirely sure about the warranty, but GeekBuying is a decent site. I've purchased a few items from them and they have arrived in good time. I imagine the warranty would directly be with Xiaomi but I have no idea how they handle it.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14606 posts
7009 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
redkulat wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 10:45 pm
I'm not entirely sure about the warranty, but GeekBuying is a decent site. I've purchased a few items from them and they have arrived in good time. I imagine the warranty would directly be with Xiaomi but I have no idea how they handle it.
That's also been my experience with GeekBuying, especially for items shipped by ePacket.

As for warranties, all the Chinese sellers are problematic. If the item arrives DOA, they'll want you to return it at your expense, including tracking. That's usually expensive compared to the value of the item.

If the item fails within say the first year, then it's up to you to contact the manufacturer in China and arrange for repairs. Since these aren't NA or CA products, they're not likely to be covered by the Canadian distributor or subsidiary. In the case of the Bip and other Amazfit products, there's no Canadian distribution so your only option would be to return to China.

TL;DR: If you buy from online Chinese sellers you're gambling. If you win, you get a great deal on what you buy. If you lose, you're out the cost of that "great deal."
veni, vidi, Visa