• May 22nd, 2014 7:56 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19791 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
natalka wrote: Glad the twinnies are gone; hopefully the afghanimals go soon. Or Rachel, gah!

Go, cowboys!

Hopefully, the Boys can take it this time.

Great start this season and got 1 of 4 teams I hate can't stand out of the race.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Okay, who can I get behind? Maybe?

The cowboys, though I forget how they let us down on their previous appearance(s).

Kentucky. (Mostly because they're not the others).

The blonde girls. (As close as we'll get to eye candy this time around, though they're still obviously trying to promote their singing career).

The son and his one-legged father? No, can't really get behind them, though I sympathise.

The GlobeTrotters. Better than nothing, but I can't forget they were quitters previously.

(Has to consult Pg 1 to remember who's left)

Brenchel? Nope.

YouTube? Hell no!

Boring forgettable couple? Yawn.

Afghans? Thanks for ruining holiday air travel on 9/11. No.

Margie and Mummy's Boy? Cut the strings! Literally.

I forget Mallory's previous game history, but I'll have to go with her and her Kentucky team-mate. How sad that an "all-star" season depends on a last-minute drop-in.

The only saving feature will be the travel to interesting destinations. Let's hope the producers can at least get that right. That's usually the best part of the show anyway.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7608 posts
7342 upvotes
Cowboys are meh. Exhausted their welcome by their 2nd season.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
5731 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
I LOVE the fact that we all hate the same groups, I fear 1 of the hated teams wins it.

And enough with the da_n all star editions
--------------------------------------------------------------
HEATWARE.... if you bought from me ... thanks
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
BluePhirePB wrote: This. My wife and I were happy to see them finish last.
Everybody was glad to see them not only last, but completely eliminated. Except perhaps their family, who no doubt were hoping for a break from them.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Madchester wrote: Cowboys are meh. Exhausted their welcome by their 2nd season.
All the teams are meh or yuck. The producers couldn't have made a better attempt at killing the franchise if they'd tried. Or maybe that is what they're trying to do? If so, they need to replace the host too, with somebody really, really obnoxious. Colton from Survivor anyone?

(Hang him on the end of a bungie cord and shove, please. :) ).
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
If CBS really can't find new contestants, and feel the need to recycle contestants, they should bring in some of the more popular faces from other shows. They may already be trying that (I hear Big Brother contestants are appearing on my 2 shows, though I've never paid attention to that show), but what I'd like to see, if we really must go this route, is Survivor contestants like Parvatti, Rupert, Russell, on TAR, and truly memorable TAR contestants (not the current crap) on Survivor. I could see those shows working.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
kindred_99 wrote: What does that mean?
I mean air travel seemed hassle-free prior to the 9/11 attack. There are far too many problems now, for typical air travellers. Yet these guys are jetting off around the world, living the American dream, (while wearing the Afghan flag even), while it's now increasingly restrictive for Canadians to even drive across the border, even though Canada did nothing but send its Armed Forces to fight alongside the US. It just doesn't seem right.

I would say exactly the same if it was Irish/English/German/Jamaican/Nepalese/whatever involved.

And yes, I do realise that the 9/11 terrorists were all Saudi. I wouldn't want a Saudi team on the show either. Al Qaeda were operating out of Afghanistan, with the protection of the Afghan Taliban of the time, and that is how Afghanistan was dragged into things. I have nothing at all against regular Afghan people - they've had to endure hardship for centuries - but I don't believe a US show should be giving prominence to an Afghan team on a show involving worldwide air travel. Not after the airliner-based 9/11 attacks. Especially when Canadians and other friendly nationalities haven't been similarly represented. In fact we've been specifically excluded from competing.

I'm not sure why I bothered explaining things though. You're almost certainly just trolling.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5882 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
Tornado F2 wrote: I mean air travel seemed hassle-free prior to the 9/11 attack. There are far too many problems now, for typical air travellers. Yet these guys are jetting off around the world, living the American dream, (while wearing the Afghan flag even), while it's now increasingly restrictive for Canadians to even drive across the border, even though Canada did nothing but send its Armed Forces to fight alongside the US. It just doesn't seem right.

I would say exactly the same if it was Irish/English/German/Jamaican/Nepalese/whatever involved.

And yes, I do realise that the 9/11 terrorists were all Saudi. I wouldn't want a Saudi team on the show either. Al Qaeda were operating out of Afghanistan, with the protection of the Afghan Taliban of the time, and that is how Afghanistan was dragged into things. I have nothing at all against regular Afghan people - they've had to endure hardship for centuries - but I don't believe a US show should be giving prominence to an Afghan team on a show involving worldwide air travel. Not after the airliner-based 9/11 attacks. Especially when Canadians and other friendly nationalities haven't been similarly represented. In fact we've been specifically excluded from competing.

I'm not sure why I bothered explaining things though. You're almost certainly just trolling.
You make a comment like that and I'm trolling? As much as I can't stand the Afghanimals it has nothing to do with where they came from. You are blaming them for 9/11 and the headaches in traveling since? Come on. I sure hope someone from your ethnic background never does anything terrible.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1195 posts
144 upvotes
Montreal
kindred_99 wrote: It is too good to be true. While watching and thinking they might get eliminated we feared they might pull a non-elimination out but thankfully they didn't and they are gone.
first leg is always an elimination leg. they could have change it by making it a non-elimination but i guess they didn't want to change the formula
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5882 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
twinkie83 wrote: first leg is always an elimination leg. they could have change it by making it a non-elimination but i guess they didn't want to change the formula
I figured as much but somehow when its a team you hate and they are about to be eliminated it almost always happens to be a non-elimination round.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
430 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
The Twinnies were arguing non-stop. To increase ratings, when they were bitching at each other CBS should have just played classical music, or hell, Bieber music rather than force its viewers listen to those two bicker!
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
CSAgent wrote: The Twinnies were arguing non-stop. To increase ratings, when they were bitching at each other CBS should have just played classical music, or hell, Bieber music rather than force its viewers listen to those two bicker!
Bollywood music would have been appropriate.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
kindred_99 wrote: You make a comment like that and I'm trolling? As much as I can't stand the Afghanimals it has nothing to do with where they came from. You are blaming them for 9/11 and the headaches in traveling since? Come on. I sure hope someone from your ethnic background never does anything terrible.
I never blamed THEM. I'm blaming CBS/TAR.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5882 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
Tornado F2 wrote: I never blamed THEM. I'm blaming CBS/TAR.
What are you blaming CBS/TAR for? For showing that not all people from Afghanistan are terrorists?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Troll feeding ends here.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5882 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
So when you make a comment and get called out for it and you don't have anything intelligent to say you call TROLL and that's it? Brilliant.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
A troll who stalks from thread to thread is clearly a troll. And now that I remember you to be a troll, and esp now that you've confirmed it, I'm adding you to my Ignore list of known trolls.

/end of

BTW, as a public service, just click here everyone: profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=69685

"This message is hidden because kindred_99 is on your ignore list. "
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5882 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
Tornado F2 wrote: A troll who stalks from thread to thread is clearly a troll. And now that I remember you to be a troll, and esp now that you've confirmed it, I'm adding you to my Ignore list of known trolls.

/end of
Stalks from thread to thread? You think very highly of yourself. I post in many threads, feel free to have a look. You make comments and don't like when others disagree. You call TROLL and ignore instead of explaining yourself. Nice deflection, you still haven't explained why CBS/TAR should not have contestants of Afhani heritage on the race.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)