Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2012
1544 posts
438 upvotes

Amazing Race Canada S4 - starts Tues

The superior TAR, especially compared to the US lately, returns June 28!
http://theamazingracecanada.ctv.ca/

Also, season 2 winner Mickey Henry (of Mickey and Pete) just beat (for charity) the Guinness World Record for longest wakeboard ride today (old record was ~7h) and is currently in his 9th hour, which is live streaming here https://www.facebook.com/slightlyhumancreative/.

Edit: Live stream over, he made it to 10 hours.
67 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2012
1544 posts
438 upvotes
This season's teams:

Joel & Ashley - Father & daughter (current Mrs. Universe) - Alberta

Anthony and Brandon - friends - Ontario

Rita and Yvette - twins - Alberta

Steph and Kristen - dating couple - Ontario

Julie and Lowell - married - Alberta

Anne and Tanya - best friends - Ontario

Stéphane and Antoine - father and son - Quebec

Kelly and Kate - best friends and business partners - Ontario

Jillian and Emmett - Exes - Nova Scotia

Frankie and Amy - Mother and Daughter - British Columbia
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3215 posts
570 upvotes
London
RemedialChaosTheory wrote:
Jun 24th, 2016 6:03 pm
The superior TAR, especially compared to the US lately, returns June 28!
http://theamazingracecanada.ctv.ca/

Also, season 2 winner Mickey Henry (of Mickey and Pete) just beat (for charity) the Guinness World Record for longest wakeboard ride today (old record was ~7h) and is currently in his 9th hour, which is live streaming here https://www.facebook.com/slightlyhumancreative/.
ugh I want to watch but nein facebook :evil:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2012
1544 posts
438 upvotes
snow00774 wrote:
Jun 24th, 2016 6:37 pm
ugh I want to watch but nein facebook :evil:
This should work https://www.facebook.com/slightlyhumanc ... 299357345/
Worked out for me when I logged out anyway, just ignore the log-in thing and click the video.

I watched a bit at his 5th or 6th hour and he said couldn't feel his arms then, so I have no idea how's still going close to 10h, crazy. His donation page is almost at $2000.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2009
5152 posts
660 upvotes
South of Ottawa
Yes, the last couple of seasons of the American version were pretty lame. Seems to have some characters on this one, looking forward to it.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3775 posts
730 upvotes
Sask.
Good first episode, crazy challenges.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5543 posts
1240 upvotes
Was hoping those two Chinese girls would get eliminated. Close.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
3213 posts
40 upvotes
Mississauga
Off to a weak start. First challenge gets shut down because of weather, and two teams already opted to take a penalty. Not overly impressed with it so far. And what happened to the grand prize? Now it's only a flight around the world and a Chevy vehicle? I realize that the prize wasn't $1 million like the US, but they've gone cheaper this year. I certainly hope this season improves.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
3213 posts
40 upvotes
Mississauga
natalka wrote:
Jun 30th, 2016 7:48 am
^They also get 250K
Must have missed that. Thanks. Still a weak first episode. Couldn't be bothered to go back and watch again.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16316 posts
1075 upvotes
Woodbridge
Beachdown wrote:
Jun 24th, 2016 8:16 pm
Yes, the last couple of seasons of the American version were pretty lame. Seems to have some characters on this one, looking forward to it.
Definitely, I think I stop watching after the 2-3 episode. Pathetic.

Last season of ARC was the first time I enjoyed and followed it to the finish. So hopefully, this continues.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2012
1075 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know the social media accounts of the contestants? There is not much eye candy on this season of the race other than the 2 asian chicks.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1769 posts
408 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Tdotmale wrote:
Jul 8th, 2016 9:56 pm
Does anyone know the social media accounts of the contestants? There is not much eye candy on this season of the race other than the 2 asian chicks.
The two Asian chicks are annoying as hell.

As an Asian woman I shake my head at their constant preoccupation with their fake eyelashes. My husband just laughs at them since he's dated a few of these types in the past lol! For fitness instructors, complaining that the fish challenging was physically hard makes me question their credentials for their class.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5543 posts
1240 upvotes
I was cheering the Asian girls were eliminated ... only to find out it was non-elimination. GAH.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2010
7772 posts
1942 upvotes
Toronto
JKKim2983 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2016 3:15 pm
The two Asian chicks are annoying as hell.

As an Asian woman I shake my head at their constant preoccupation with their fake eyelashes. My husband just laughs at them since he's dated a few of these types in the past lol! For fitness instructors, complaining that the fish challenging was physically hard makes me question their credentials for their class.
BluePhirePB wrote:
Jul 11th, 2016 8:13 am
I was cheering the Asian girls were eliminated ... only to find out it was non-elimination. GAH.
lol, at least I'm not alone.
t3359 wrote:
May 13th, 2016 9:56 am
...The magic eight ball would randomly say things and logic would never work. The eight ball is just a gimmick and a waste of time and effort. So equivalently, there is no possibility to "debate" you.