• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2017 12:42 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5449 posts
1181 upvotes
Almost every shot of the Asian girls was of them whining about something. I can't wait to watch them try and scarf down those huge grubs.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2012
1075 posts
107 upvotes
Lol at the comments regarding Kelly & Kate. Kate is definitely the hotter one. Who do you guys think will win the race?

Jillian and Emmett are the team to beat. Usually the winning teams have at least 1 guy, hardly any duo female winning teams in the history of TAR USA & Canada. It is just the way it is, an athletic competition for the most part. Just how like on the previous season of TAR USA (social media edition), the Frisbee boys (Brody & Kurt) were the team to beat.

On another note, I honestly do not understand why people run the race with their aging parent? It is a handicap to the team right off the bat. Look at the team that was just eliminated, Stephane & Antoine. His dad was slow and not in shape. His dad struggled in all the challenges. I understand that people want to "experience" the race with their family BUT it pretty much guarantees that you won't win the race.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
3210 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
Tdotmale wrote:
Jul 14th, 2016 1:27 am
Jillian and Emmett are the team to beat. Usually the winning teams have at least 1 guy, hardly any duo female winning teams in the history of TAR USA & Canada. It is just the way it is, an athletic competition for the most part. Just how like on the previous season of TAR USA (social media edition), the Frisbee boys (Brody & Kurt) were the team to beat.
Jillian gets on my nerves. Sure, they're a strong team, but her constant yelling at him is borderline abusive. No wonder they aren't together anymore.

I'm still trying to find a team I can actually like. Father/daughter team is strong, and likeable, the guy going blind and his wife aren't as strong, but you can't help but want them to do well. The Asian girls, the moms, and the sisters teams are all weak, and not just physically. They struggle, and will be the next wave to be eliminated.
On another note, I honestly do not understand why people run the race with their aging parent? It is a handicap to the team right off the bat. Look at the team that was just eliminated, Stephane & Antoine. His dad was slow and not in shape. His dad struggled in all the challenges. I understand that people want to "experience" the race with their family BUT it pretty much guarantees that you won't win the race.
He helped everyone on his challenge, and then couldn't finish. That set him back, and left him too weak to do anything else. Had he done that challenge properly, he might have had a chance to not come in last. And yet, we see another team take a 4-hour penalty. Those should be the kiss of death. It should basically eliminate you if you take the penalty, like this last episode, as a deterrent to taking them in the first place. This is supposed to be a competition. There is no competition when you quit a task.
RenegadeX wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2009 1:29 am
[*]They may be small, but they poop too. And they'll poop in your towel.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2012
1075 posts
107 upvotes
Topher wrote:
Jul 14th, 2016 8:48 am
Jillian gets on my nerves. Sure, they're a strong team, but her constant yelling at him is borderline abusive. No wonder they aren't together anymore.

I'm still trying to find a team I can actually like. Father/daughter team is strong, and likeable, the guy going blind and his wife aren't as strong, but you can't help but want them to do well. The Asian girls, the moms, and the sisters teams are all weak, and not just physically. They struggle, and will be the next wave to be eliminated.

He helped everyone on his challenge, and then couldn't finish. That set him back, and left him too weak to do anything else. Had he done that challenge properly, he might have had a chance to not come in last. And yet, we see another team take a 4-hour penalty. Those should be the kiss of death. It should basically eliminate you if you take the penalty, like this last episode, as a deterrent to taking them in the first place. This is supposed to be a competition. There is no competition when you quit a task.
Yeah the 2 friend from Windsor got eliminated for taking the 4 hr penalty. I think they would do well had they been able to move on in the competition. 2 physically fit guys.

Like you said, unless Jillian and Emmett really screw things up and mis read clues again (they took the water taxi instead of the ferry) this should be their race to win. The teams casted in this season all seem weak for the most part.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16167 posts
1023 upvotes
Woodbridge
Like the season so far, two years in a row while the American version is failing.

My favorite right now are the lesbians sorry forgot their names.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3775 posts
730 upvotes
Sask.
BluePhirePB wrote:
Jul 13th, 2016 4:53 pm
Almost every shot of the Asian girls was of them whining about something. I can't wait to watch them try and scarf down those huge grubs.
Found it amazing that they, like everyone else, managed to do all the bugs and the bat. I could not do that -
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5449 posts
1181 upvotes
natalka wrote:
Jul 20th, 2016 12:11 pm
Found it amazing that they, like everyone else, managed to do all the bugs and the bat. I could not do that -
Respect where it's deserved; those two Asian girls totally rocked that leg of the race.

But let me get this straight: she won't touch the duck, the toad or the birds YET ... she'll scarf down bats, insects and a live wiggling grub like it's a pork dumpling?

Agreed with you; I would have taken the penalty. Only thing I would try to eat is the bat.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2006
1162 posts
197 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm really enjoying this season and the tough challenges! LOL @ Jillian and Emmett "63rd attempt" at a task. I could feel their frustration.

Anybody notice the trend where Canadian versions of reality shows are becoming better than their US counterparts. Though I wish the Canadian version left Canada bit more :(

Big Brother Canada > Big Brother USA
Amazing Race Canada > Amazing Race USA
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2012
1075 posts
107 upvotes
wilson_wu wrote:
Jul 20th, 2016 4:38 pm
I'm really enjoying this season and the tough challenges! LOL @ Jillian and Emmett "63rd attempt" at a task. I could feel their frustration.

Anybody notice the trend where Canadian versions of reality shows are becoming better than their US counterparts. Though I wish the Canadian version left Canada bit more :(

Yup, they're flying back to Canada, BC for next leg of the race. I like TAR USA more because they explore more cities.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16167 posts
1023 upvotes
Woodbridge
wilson_wu wrote:
Jul 20th, 2016 4:38 pm

It's shocking that I'm loving Canadian version more I guess US is trying too much especially with that BS social media cast. Surprisingly the Bind Date worked one of my favorite seasons.

I stopped watching the social media season after two episodes.

AR can visit all the amazing cities in the World and have the greatest challenges but if the cast doesn't work it means NOTHING. To at least.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Aug 27, 2012
356 posts
607 upvotes
JKKim2983 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2016 3:15 pm
The two Asian chicks are annoying as hell.

As an Asian woman I shake my head at their constant preoccupation with their fake eyelashes. My husband just laughs at them since he's dated a few of these types in the past lol! For fitness instructors, complaining that the fish challenging was physically hard makes me question their credentials for their class.
BluePhirePB wrote:
Jul 11th, 2016 8:13 am
I was cheering the Asian girls were eliminated ... only to find out it was non-elimination. GAH.
koffey wrote:
Jul 13th, 2016 3:44 pm
lol, at least I'm not alone.
LOL okay I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. So annoying and high maintenance, can't believe they've made it this far. Literally every leg, I'm hoping they get eliminated, although I will admit they flew through the last leg with the bugs and karaoke.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2006
1162 posts
197 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bembol wrote:
Jul 20th, 2016 9:11 pm
Even with Big Brother, some former winners of Big Brother US are even saying the Canadian version is blowing the US one out of the water. The production quality, the house design, the challenges, the casting, the only thing that sucks is the prize which is 80% smaller.

http://jundishes.com/2016/05/14/what-bi ... eant-to-me
https://twitter.com/EvelDick/status/753 ... 13?lang=en

I just hope they NEVER bring back Canadian Idol. WORST. SHOW. EVER. They never tried. Cringe worthy singers.
https://youtu.be/LaUnBWKhsyE?t=130
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4039 posts
221 upvotes
Forgot to chime into this thread!

I'm also not a fan of the Asian girls because they're just so annoying and they whine and complain about everything, yet somehow finished 1st.

That last food challenge was disgusting though... blah! I'm not sure if I would have been able to do it.
Def looking forward to the next BC episode though.

As a side note, I'm surprised the scooter challenge was pretty quick, although the bird release one was pretty weak to put it mildly.

I agree about non-fit teams somehow making it on. I mean you know full well that it's a physically intense competition, yet so many teams complain about not being in shape.

Anyways, looking forward to the next one.
I'm looking for a NZ Silver Fern Kiwi coin! :)
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2006
1162 posts
197 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Throwback Thursday to one of the most intense episodes of TARC episodes ever.

The always cheery after-school Bodybreak lady telling someone to f* off. lol

https://youtu.be/90fTq9QDtvY?t=2384
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4039 posts
221 upvotes
Is anyone else watching this?

I can't believe the waste of the FF...
I'm looking for a NZ Silver Fern Kiwi coin! :)