• Jun 5th, 2012 3:55 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 25, 2010
192 posts
22 upvotes

Amazon

Hey, I needed a little help.

I ordered an iPad 16GB White of Amazon.com and got it shipped to a US package acceptance place. The order is only suppose to be about $520, with 2 day shipping (amazon prime) but they charged me an extra $40 on my credit card. =\

The card im using is a capital one (canadian mastercard), is there a reason why this happened ? There was no tax on it, it was shipped to bellingham.
1 reply
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29132 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
gill1234 wrote: The order is only suppose to be about $520, with 2 day shipping (amazon prime) but they charged me an extra $40 on my credit card. =\
What did amazon.com tell you when you called them to ask why they charged you $560 instead of $520? (Assuming that's what happened; see below...)
The card im using is a capital one (canadian mastercard), is there a reason why this happened ? There was no tax on it, it was shipped to bellingham.
Since this is a Canadian card and amazon.com charges in US$ this could be the exchange rate plus commission. The loonie's been (ha, ha) at about 95¢ or 96¢ for the past few days. 5% of $520 is about $26. A common commission is 2.5% so that's another $13. $26 + $13 = $39. Hmm...
veni, vidi, Visa

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)