Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.com

Amazon $19.99 Marvel's The Avengers-4-Disc Combo:3D/Blu-ray/DVD+Digital+Music

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2012 7:44 pm
Tags:
None
49 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6363 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
sweet deal, ordered to one of my friends in the states. could this be a price error? its like half the price that it is here. bestbuy/future shop are selling the 3D version for $37.99 and marvel movies never really tend to drop in price for a longgg time. Captain America/Thor in non-3D blu ray version are still $25 these days.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3610 posts
2214 upvotes
Hot price for those who don't pirate! (huhuhuhu...)
Apr 12, 2012
85 posts
75 upvotes
STIRLING
They are price matching Target's instore price which is $19.99 today.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16984 posts
9310 upvotes
London
sure beats my $112 copy from futureshop
Jan 9, 2007
229 posts
12 upvotes
Ontario
Also to note is that on amazon.com right now, Captain America and Thor (Blu-ray,dvd,digital copy) are all $14.96 as well.

INcredible Hulk, Iron man 2, and Iron man are all on sale as well.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8205 posts
5717 upvotes
Does amazon.com ship to Canada these days?
Oct 16, 2007
398 posts
47 upvotes
London
BigJonsson wrote: Does amazon.com ship to Canada these days?
yes they do and to give you an idea shipping to London Ontario area is $7.98 USD for the Avengers
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11665 posts
3470 upvotes
Victoria
Amazon charges $5 + 3/disc I think for shipping. So the shipping fee sort of gets diversified if you order more discs. It's why I only order from Amazon when the prices are really good and I have a few things to order. They also charge an import duty fee but its pretty much just GST, GST+PST, or HST of the province you live in (and quite often you get some of it back).

I wonder if Target will offer deals like this when they move into Canada. The cheapest I saw the Avengers (non3d) bluray today was 24.99 (at SDM & amazon.ca)
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7132 posts
3735 upvotes
Montreal
Just ordered it. I had a $50 gift card that's been kicking around in my account since Christmas. Comes out to ~$13 less than what I was going to pay at Future Shop. Thanks, OP!
Dec 11, 2009
229 posts
50 upvotes
Vancouver
Was looking to get this under 30... Ordered, thanks op!
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1524 posts
2465 upvotes
Hell
Thanks...2.98 shipping to U.S. address..no taxes...returning the 17.99 single dvd copy I got today from fs
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23128 posts
2318 upvotes
Singapore
Sapereos wrote: Was looking to get this under 30... Ordered, thanks op!
How much was shipping and what was your total bill for shipping to Vancouver?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7626 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal
zod wrote: Amazon charges $5 + 3/disc I think for shipping. So the shipping fee sort of gets diversified if you order more discs. It's why I only order from Amazon when the prices are really good and I have a few things to order. They also charge an import duty fee but its pretty much just GST, GST+PST, or HST of the province you live in (and quite often you get some of it back).
man, i had to re-read what you wrote. they charge $3 per item, not disc. people are going to get confuse on that thinking it's the number of discs in a set
have you seen boxing day? if you have any infos that can help us locate him, please contact us @ 1‒800‒867‒5309

(V)^,,,,^(V) woop woop woop woop woop
flashy_mcflash wrote: haha. Though seriously, what a ridiculous year for CG to be trendy. If there was one year NOT to spend $600 on a coat, it was this winter.
Apr 27, 2007
238 posts
20 upvotes
Even with the shipping still cheaper then buying from FS or BB! Do you get dinged taxes/duty on this as well? I heard they ship from Canada even though it's ordered in the states which should void the duty charges....but that's what I heard. Can anyone confirm?
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11790 posts
5893 upvotes
Amazon.com has another levy of Import Deposit fees. You pay that upfront on top of shipping. It will be included on the checkout total.
Sometimes they will partially reimburse you for the import deposit fees a month or so later but it does not always happen. That way
you are not charged duties after it ships here. It sort of balances out because you do not pay tax on the subtotal if you order from the American website.

I occasionally order from amazon.com to avoid the bilingual packaging of movies here. I only bother to do that with certain movies or games I like.
Some Canadian version movies have 2 different titles on the cover (English and a loosely translated French title) and the font on the back of the box is so tiny because they try to fit in both English and French descriptions on the back.

Also, most of the time the US Amazon price is a lot cheaper than retail stores in Canada. The Avengers 4-disc set is only $19 in the States but it's about $40 before tax in Canada.

I also plan on getting The Dark Knight Rises from the Amazon.com site when it becomes available instead of buying it here.

bunyen wrote: Even with the shipping still cheaper then buying from FS or BB! Do you get dinged taxes/duty on this as well? I heard they ship from Canada even though it's ordered in the states which should void the duty charges....but that's what I heard. Can anyone confirm?
Apr 25, 2010
50 posts
40 upvotes
Markham
Thanks Op, shipping to T.O. was around $8..............and STILL cheaper than getting it here.
Apr 22, 2009
653 posts
53 upvotes
Manitoulin
If all movie combo's were priced like this there would be less pirating.... And I bet they STILL make a lot of money selling them at $20