• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2018 8:07 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 23, 2009
1421 posts
417 upvotes
CollegeGraduate wrote:
Apr 27th, 2018 4:22 pm
You are right. That is the same things they said in their proxy.
Okay, so what was your point about Jeff only taking $81K in salary?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2016
1744 posts
698 upvotes
ruchir wrote:
Apr 27th, 2018 4:29 pm
Okay, so what was your point about Jeff only taking $81K in salary?
Some CEOs still get paid in stock option even though they own a significant amount of the companies they run.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 23, 2009
1421 posts
417 upvotes
CollegeGraduate wrote:
Apr 27th, 2018 4:46 pm
Some CEOs still get paid in stock option even though they own a significant amount of the companies they run.
So?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 23, 2009
1421 posts
417 upvotes
CollegeGraduate wrote:
Apr 27th, 2018 4:49 pm
I would stay away from those companies.
Lol......good for you. Never thought (CEOs) not taking salary or taking very little salary was so important in making investment decisions. Face Screaming In Fear
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2016
1744 posts
698 upvotes
ruchir wrote:
Apr 27th, 2018 4:51 pm
Lol......good for you. Never thought (CEOs) not taking salary or taking very little salary was so important in making investment decisions. Face Screaming In Fear
Depends if they are worth it or not.

It is one of the factors that I look at.
Member
Jan 10, 2016
328 posts
42 upvotes
Markham, ON
CollegeGraduate wrote:
Apr 27th, 2018 5:54 pm
Depends if they are worth it or not.

It is one of the factors that I look at.
100% Amazon declaration

When you declared that you have 100% of your money in Amazon, and anticipated a correction because of the so-called curse of yours, the stock have corrected just like you have anticipated.
Declared at around $1,581, corrected to low of $1,371, that is only a 13% correction. Technically, it's a correction because the professionals have labelled anything above 10% is a correction.
Now the stock is at $1,696 at the time of writing. The gain of 7.3% is pretty good from the point of your declaration.

Then I read somewhere that you started buying Amazon back in 2016 when Trump first attacked the CEO of Amazon. That was around $700+/share. You must be well off by now.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2016
1744 posts
698 upvotes
Yeah, and I sold 20 shares of Amazon to buy a car at around $1,4xx. That is more than $4k USD in opportunity cost.
My old car is okay, but it's getting old. And Amazon was dropping like a rock at that time lol.

This thread actually started by Rod back in 2013. He is still alive and kicking on the forum. That means he is doing pretty good in real life.
If anyone bought any Amazon at the time this thread started, that person would be a lot richer lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2016
1744 posts
698 upvotes
I guess Amazon is not that popular on this forum.

That is actually a good thing.
Member
Jan 10, 2016
328 posts
42 upvotes
Markham, ON
Amazon is basically hitting 52-week high every day. And no one is talking about it.

I wonder when the next pull back will be. I might be adding some more.

You are correct, it is a good thing that no one is talking about it. Attracting too much attention is bad for the company.
Sr. Member
Feb 26, 2017
741 posts
334 upvotes
I have AMZN as up 47% YTD. I can't see myself adding but I'm also not planning on selling. I'm just along for the ride at this point.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
1202 posts
123 upvotes
MB
ValueInvestor wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 11:45 am
Amazon is basically hitting 52-week high every day. And no one is talking about it.

I wonder when the next pull back will be. I might be adding some more.

You are correct, it is a good thing that no one is talking about it. Attracting too much attention is bad for the company.
What is the dividend yield, is it paid monthly or quarterly ?
How much do they make per share currently?
Thanks
"I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful."
- Warren Buffett
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2016
1744 posts
698 upvotes
ukrainiandude wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 9:22 pm
What is the dividend yield, is it paid monthly or quarterly ?
How much do they make per share currently?
Thanks
0%, N/A
GAAP EPS is $6.15
You are welcome.
Jr. Member
Jun 2, 2017
150 posts
23 upvotes
ValueInvestor wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 11:45 am
Amazon is basically hitting 52-week high every day. And no one is talking about it.

I wonder when the next pull back will be. I might be adding some more.

You are correct, it is a good thing that no one is talking about it. Attracting too much attention is bad for the company.
No one is talking about it because people missed the train :).
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2016
1744 posts
698 upvotes
CEOofPopeyes wrote:
Jun 15th, 2018 7:49 am
No one is talking about it because people missed the train :).
They won't get on the train? It is not too late. Amazon is still a young company.

Top