Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Amazon and Best Buy] TP-Link HS200 Smart Wifi Light Switch

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2017 12:54 pm
Apr 25, 2006
425 posts
199 upvotes
Ontario
window shopper wrote: what do you do so they fit properly? The ones I want to install are all double switches.
I am wondering the same thing. Does anyone know?
Feb 8, 2011
665 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
Badder wrote: The Wemo light switch had been at $35 a few times during the last 6 months, but it's currently $55. I'd wait for the Wemo to go on sale unless you don't care about IF support.
As someone who has tried both I would take the tp-link over wemo every time. Setup was way easier with the tp-link and it's worked flawlessly since. I went through 2 wemo switches and never got them to work proper.
Jun 10, 2012
101 posts
48 upvotes
aquariaguy wrote:
If a device works with IFTTT, do you need a special app? Or the device works like an ecobee and connects to IFTTT on its own? Since I dont have a hub or anything.
I'm sure these devices will be working with IFTTT/Stringify soon. These apps and devices are still relatively new, getting everything to link with everything else doesn't just happen.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6795 posts
2504 upvotes
YEG
This device is spring loaded and not a traditional rocker switch. It's fairly stiff. This may matter for controlling lights that may not be in the immediate area or easily visible.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
The use case i want t o use this for is to put it in the double switch plate housing bathroom bulb and exhaust fan but I'm wondering if this has an option to set it to run for a length of time option?

Anyone use it for switching on/of exhaust fans? We have a tendency to leave bathroom exhaust fans on all day lol

Thanks
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Aug 29, 2001
600 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
So just to clarify, Best Buy stores in Ontario have been officially accepting the save on energy coupons?
May 23, 2016
107 posts
38 upvotes
GTA
Few people above mentioned they got coupon/discount in Ontario, not sure how exactly myself, will try in store tonight to see.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
Mod_Master wrote: Thanks OP bought two to try out. BB apploed save on energy coupons incorrectly i ended up getting each switch for 20.99 :)

Cant complain!
Which Best Buy you get it from?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Jul 28, 2008
91 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
No success getting the coupon for $3 off at Best Buy Whitby

Rep checked and said they are not a participating retailer.

Anywhere we can PM this with?
Aug 29, 2001
600 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
It seems like a huge YMMV that Ontario Best Buy stores would accept the coupon.
Congrats to those who got that to work somehow...
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2004
1031 posts
458 upvotes
Mississauga
I went to Yonge and Dundas downtown Toronto.

Cashier did not know if they could take save on energy coupons and they sent me to customer service.

I had printed the 3 dollar and 6 dollar coupons on one page as i did not know which coupon would work. I had 2 copies printed. Customer service guy was unsure if they took them, he scanned a 3 dollar then the 3 dollar and the system accepted. Guess he didnt read the fine prints. So i got 19 dollars in coupons applied :/ YMMV
May 23, 2016
107 posts
38 upvotes
GTA
Just bought one at Mississauga BB. Wasn't able to scan the coupon, manager came and gave $3 price over discount. YMMV based on location and rep I guess.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2008
1389 posts
1533 upvotes
Toronto - Markham/Sc…
Mod_Master wrote: I went to Yonge and Dundas downtown Toronto.

Cashier did not know if they could take save on energy coupons and they sent me to customer service.

I had printed the 3 dollar and 6 dollar coupons on one page as i did not know which coupon would work. I had 2 copies printed. Customer service guy was unsure if they took them, he scanned a 3 dollar then the 3 dollar and the system accepted. Guess he didnt read the fine prints. So i got 19 dollars in coupons applied :/ YMMV
If Best Buy isn't even an authorized retailer who participates in the save on energy program, there would be no reason for the coupon barcodes to even be in there system let alone scan and show the correct discount amount. So if a Best Buy employee scanned the coupon, nothing would happen, or an error would display on their screen.

You straight up lied about the discount you got. Why?
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2093 posts
585 upvotes
Mississauga
which mississauga bb?
LeakingDollar wrote: Just bought one at Mississauga BB. Wasn't able to scan the coupon, manager came and gave $3 price over discount. YMMV based on location and rep I guess.
Aug 31, 2013
12 posts
6 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: The use case i want t o use this for is to put it in the double switch plate housing bathroom bulb and exhaust fan but I'm wondering if this has an option to set it to run for a length of time option?

Anyone use it for switching on/of exhaust fans? We have a tendency to leave bathroom exhaust fans on all day lol

Thanks
Bought for that exact same reason. I was able to install it without any issues for my bathroom fan. It sits quite flush in a 2 gang setup, normal switch for the bathroom light, hs200 for the fan. The decorative wall plate that it comes with can be removed. Simply pry it off with a flathead. To the best of my knowledge, for controlling bathroom fans, there is the option of scheduling or using the timer function in the Kasa app. So after showering, turn on the fan (either physically or remotely) then use the app to set a timer to turn off the fan after a period of time. What I was looking for was to always set a timer when it is physically activated, since setting a timer with your phone every time is quite tedious. It's still an improvement over a normal switch and I hope they add this in the future.
Mar 3, 2013
516 posts
265 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I've installed a few of these switches already for some clients. I really like the build quality. Keep in mind that they are single pole and they do require a neutral wire.
A Licensed Electrical Contractor