Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Braun Lens Filter For Braun Thermoscan

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2015 3:43 pm
Feb 22, 2015
190 posts
109 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Amazon.ca] Braun Lens Filter For Braun Thermoscan

Braun Lens Filter (40 per pack) For Braun Thermoscan

Very close to the lowest ever price of $9.23 on October 28, 2014.

Most accurate temperature reading for the little ones.
5 replies
Mar 7, 2002
698 posts
278 upvotes
Toronto
Can't you get this from Costco?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
tongyiba wrote: Most accurate temperature reading for the little ones.
I thought the forehead ones were more accurate? Particularly with very small kids where the tip of this thing doesn't fully fit into the ear canal?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
wearysky wrote: I thought the forehead ones were more accurate? Particularly with very small kids where the tip of this thing doesn't fully fit into the ear canal?
I've never seen or heard of a forehead thermometer? These are the ones I've seen used by pediatricians, mine uses this one and I have one at home too. Works great, not fully fitting into the ear canal is not an issue because you don't need to get it all the way in.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Winkle wrote: I've never seen or heard of a forehead thermometer? These are the ones I've seen used by pediatricians, mine uses this one and I have one at home too. Works great, not fully fitting into the ear canal is not an issue because you don't need to get it all the way in.
I took my 3 year old to the doctor yesterday, and he was using one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Clin ... B004AMVVJI (or something like it, any way). I use one of the ones from the OP as well, now that my kids are a bit bigger, but my understanding is that with newborns, the tips are too big to get an accurate temperature reading.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
wearysky wrote: I took my 3 year old to the doctor yesterday, and he was using one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Clin ... B004AMVVJI (or something like it, any way). I use one of the ones from the OP as well, now that my kids are a bit bigger, but my understanding is that with newborns, the tips are too big to get an accurate temperature reading.
For newborns they use the armpit thermometers like they do in the hospitals. From what I've read, technically the most accurate way to take a temp in a newborn/baby is with a rectal thermometer but I think everyone has generally gone away from those for sanitation and comfort/ease-of-use reasons. The in-ear Braun one I think is between 3 to 6 months and up, depending on how fast the kid grows.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)