Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] $10.00 Amazon.ca Credit When You Stream Prime Video for the First Time

Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1569 posts
310 upvotes
john.canad wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 3:55 pm
prime trial members are not eligible
it say yes, but not for prime student members.

Q1. Can I participate in this promotion?
To be eligible for the promotion, you must meet the following requirements:
• Be an individual, a legal resident of Canada, and currently reside in Canada
• Be the older of 18 years old or the legal age of majority in your province or territory of residence
• Be a Prime member or in a Prime free trial
• Stream a video for the first time through PrimeVideo.com or compatible devices during the entry period. The entry period for the promotion will run from 12:01 AM (PT) on July 9, 2018 until 11:59 PM (PT) on July 17, 2018.
You are not eligible for the promotion if, prior to the entry period, you have ever streamed a video through PrimeVideo.com or compatible devices. Prime Student members in a 6-month free trial (or, for customers in Quebec, Prime Student members in the first 6 months of an 18-month membership) are not eligible for this promotion.
Jun 12, 2010
558 posts
132 upvotes
YVR
Does this work with student trial Prime?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2015
1345 posts
482 upvotes
Brossard, QC
When I was a Prime member, I have already streamed some videos. And now I didn't renew my membership. It seems that you never get a chance to take advantage of this kind of promotion. The only way may lead to apply for a new Amazon account and pretend to be a new user. I hate this..... :twisted:
Sep 16, 2017
64 posts
20 upvotes
If I had prime for a while now and watch shows daily, did I get the bonus without knowing ?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
2332 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
wiffle wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 7:07 pm
Does this work with student trial Prime?
I don't believe so, since it's a free trial.
Nov 3, 2009
480 posts
158 upvotes
Betcha dollars to doughnuts that Amazon is getting ready to raise the price of Prime in Canada, likely within a month of Prime Day.

They recognize that Canadians are price sensitive and are worried about losing too many members when they bump the price so they're trying to get Prime members to appreciate all of the ancillary services they offer.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
4757 posts
821 upvotes
Thornhill
Why my 4K monitor only plays at 1080p? No 4K content anywhere. Only some dumb ocean crap, which still plays at 1080!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
4473 posts
814 upvotes
dazz wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 1:48 am
Why my 4K monitor only plays at 1080p? No 4K content anywhere. Only some dumb ocean crap, which still plays at 1080!
u gotta have certain devices or apps to get 4k, i have the apple 4k box and it gets HDR 4k movies/shows from aPrime
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1280 posts
749 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the post
Gonna steam one once I get home after work today
Dec 6, 2017
51 posts
4 upvotes
I am a prime user and use video. Went to the chat feature under help. Asked for $10 to be added to my account, person added it. Took me 5 minutes, if that this morning.

So existing customers can get it, prbably YMMV but go t chat and ask.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4536 posts
2934 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah worked for me as well, I just asked customer rep about the promotion and they gave me $10 credit, because I technically streamed days before the promotion so I don't think I would have received the credit otherwise.

Seems to automatically deduct -$10 with something called "Courtesy Credit" on a new order.
Mar 2, 2014
54 posts
17 upvotes
Jswarez wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 8:34 am
I am a prime user and use video. Went to the chat feature under help. Asked for $10 to be added to my account, person added it. Took me 5 minutes, if that this morning.

So existing customers can get it, prbably YMMV but go t chat and ask.
Just tried it. I don't think the lady understood what I meant, she just thought that I watched a video and did not receive my credit yet.
Anyway, worked like a charm, credited me the 10$ instantly (Which makes 35$ with the Amazon Cash promo). Thank you !
Amazon's customer service is always impeccable.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18417 posts
4956 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
zentro wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 9:27 am
Yeah worked for me as well, I just asked customer rep about the promotion and they gave me $10 credit, because I technically streamed days before the promotion so I don't think I would have received the credit otherwise.

Seems to automatically deduct -$10 with something called "Courtesy Credit" on a new order.
Careful asking Amazon for too many credit favours, evidence has shown that this puts you on their "list". All of the stories online about people that have been removed from Amazon start with them asking more than a few times for credits, returns etc. Personally I don't ask them for anything I know I am not absolutely entitled to.