Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
3397 posts
1341 upvotes
spiderman6 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 6:31 am
it says promo code valid till 31 march. but in the term n condition it says:

How to Use Your Promotional Code

Add one or more products sold by Amazon.ca in new condition to your cart.
Complete your purchase no later than May 16, 11:59 PM (PT).

what is that 16 may thing?
That $10 credit you get can't be used after May 16.
Feb 27, 2015
270 posts
74 upvotes
Hasn't been updated in awhile and this is still going till the 30th.

Thanks OP, worked for me!
Sep 14, 2015
840 posts
377 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Thank you for your interest in Amazon.ca Gift Cards.
Unfortunately, you are not eligible for this offer.

Thanks for the heads up still.
May 30, 2006
434 posts
97 upvotes
The part about the $10 promotional code to be used for products sold by amazon.ca wasn't too clear to me. I confirmed via chat that it can only be applied to new products "sold and fulfilled by amazon.ca" and not for items sold on amazon.ca by 3rd party sellers. Thought I should pass this on in case it matters to some of you.
May 17, 2017
2 posts
So, i'm confused

i saw this, i went to buy a $50 gc, I entered the code, it said i was eligible, i bought the gc

there isn't $60 in my account, there's only $50

i try to buy another card, it says my account is eligible, as if i had never used it

did i play myself? am i stupid? am i impatient? am i ignorant?
Jul 27, 2016
133 posts
111 upvotes
Nitroice99 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 6:56 pm
So, i'm confused

i saw this, i went to buy a $50 gc, I entered the code, it said i was eligible, i bought the gc

i try to buy another card, it says my account is eligible, as if i had never used it

The OP text said it was valid until Mar 31. Did you misread and thought it said May 31?
Not sure if they extended it maybe. Let us know if it shows up within the 3 days or not.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
1000 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
Nitroice99 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 6:56 pm
So, i'm confused

stick something in your cart and check out. Do you see a $10 coupon or bonus? That was the only way I could see it with mine. It didn't show up as part of my balance.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
6909 posts
2082 upvotes
ON
You should have received the following email after purchase:
Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.ca.

Your recent order [number] entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase.

Promotion details:
Additional information on this offer can be found here.

Thank you for treating someone to an Amazon.ca Gift Card. Now we're treating you to a $10 promotional code automatically applied to your account, and good for eligible products sold by Amazon.ca.
May 17, 2017
2 posts
Yep i see it, I was just impatient and didn't wait for the email to show up

(the fact that they don't show the balance anywhere other than the check out page is really stupid though)
Feb 26, 2015
2 posts
Surrey, BC
TokyoG wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 11:43 am
Worked for me! Thanks OP! Used ebates to buy Giftcard and will eBates again when i use giftcard (+credit) lol
ebates does not credit on gift cards purchase according to ebates :(
Jul 11, 2008
134 posts
40 upvotes
St. John's
LikeaBoss66 wrote:
May 22nd, 2017 12:12 am
ebates does not credit on gift cards purchase according to ebates :(
Correct. I tried it and purchase history came up as the purchase did not qualify for ebates cash back.
May 29, 2016
31 posts
39 upvotes
Just purchased the $50 gift card and my account qualified for the promotion.

Contacted chat because I thought I was supposed to see the promo in the email with the gift code. When I placed the $50 gift card a second time in my cart it said it qualified for the $10.

Representative said my account will receive the $10 in a couple of days and I'm seeing the qualifiying promo again because the code has no limits and can be used as many times as I wanted.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
1000 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
coryb13 wrote:
May 23rd, 2017 4:44 am
Just purchased the $50 gift card and my account qualified for the promotion.

Contacted chat because I thought I was supposed to see the promo in the email with the gift code. When I placed the $50 gift card a second time in my cart it said it qualified for the $10.

Representative said my account will receive the $10 in a couple of days and I'm seeing the qualifiying promo again because the code has no limits and can be used as many times as I wanted.
I kept seeing the offer after I purchased as well. I purchased a second time and even though it said I qualified, I never got the bonus a second time. They would probably give you something if you complained. I'm happy with $10
May 19, 2015
106 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was told I would get the $10 credit once the GC was claimed... does that mean used up completely or as long as I use a portion of the GC I'll get it? TIA
Shop&Deal-aholic... it's like gambling except I save money (that I may otherwise not have spent 😝)
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 2GB + free phone :twisted: (Limited Time: $50 referral bonus!!!)
Nov 26, 2015
386 posts
174 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
SignedA wrote:
Jul 16th, 2017 9:54 am
I was told I would get the $10 credit once the GC was claimed... does that mean used up completely or as long as I use a portion of the GC I'll get it? TIA
The promo code has nothing to do with using up your gift card balance. Claimed meaning whomever you sent it to accepted it and applied to their account.

If you did not get an email after you "bought" the gift card then you did not get the bonus. When you go to buy something, under payments you have the option of using it or it will be applied automatically on "eligible purchases". Only valid on Amazon purchases and not 3rd party sellers. These codes comes up every month or so but it seems only 1 per account and on random occurences.