Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] ($23.99) AUKEY USB C Charger 30W, USB C Wall Charger with Power Delivery 3.0

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1119 posts
193 upvotes
Calgary

[Amazon Canada] ($23.99) AUKEY USB C Charger 30W, USB C Wall Charger with Power Delivery 3.0

Haven't seen this one yet posted. First post on hot deals, be gentle.

I think this is the lowest price I've seen on amazon PD wall chargers that have both a USB-C and USB-A port. Price is 29.99 but make sure you click the $6 off coupon. It was 39.99 some time last week. Promptly returned it and bought at this price instead.

Note that it does not come with a cable.
Images
  • 2019-12-14 21_47_11-AUKEY USB C Charger 30W, USB C Wall Charger with Power Delivery 3.0 & Dynamic De.png
98 replies
Jan 3, 2019
103 posts
8 upvotes
Dealter wrote:
Dec 15th, 2019 12:59 am
Aukey or this extremely well reviewed charger by Anker... PowerPort PD 2 for $2 more?

Expert opinion?
I have chargers from Anker and Aukey (not the PD ones). Both are extremely reliable, same performance and offer excellent customer service if needed. Have also used Ravpower, prefer Anker or Aukey any day.
Jul 26, 2018
538 posts
529 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Dealter wrote:
Aukey or this extremely well reviewed charger by Anker... PowerPort PD 2 for $2 more?

Expert opinion?
I have both brands, both of them are excellent quality. I went through an RMA for the first time for Anker and I had doubts at first but it was painless, replacement cable arrived in 1 day shipping too.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
7209 posts
3128 upvotes
Toronto
Dealter wrote:

Expert opinion?
The Aukey does 30W from the PD port if not using the other port, whereas the Anker PD is capped at 18W. Also Anker charges tax so the difference is more like $5.
Jul 13, 2007
361 posts
226 upvotes
Vancouver
Dealter wrote:

Expert opinion?
Not an expert. However, FWIW, my experience has been terrible with Aukey. Almost every Aukey product I’ve bought from Amazon has failed - tired of it. Not likely to ever buy something from them again. Maybe they are better now, but no longer willing to take the chance nor waste time.

Anker on the other hand, has been really good for me.

Maybe just luck of the draw, because they both have good reviews/ testimonials.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4178 posts
1967 upvotes
Toronto
dawn_g_dkny wrote:
Dec 15th, 2019 1:59 am
Not an expert. However, FWIW, my experience has been terrible with Aukey. Almost every Aukey product I’ve bought from Amazon has failed - tired of it. Not likely to ever buy something from them again. Maybe they are better now, but no longer willing to take the chance nor waste time.

Anker on the other hand, has been really good for me.

Maybe just luck of the draw, because they both have good reviews/ testimonials.
It's not just you, if you dig around, there are a lot of reports of Aukey not being a good brand. I've found anecdotal evidence of Aukey bribing people to take bad reviews down and fakespot seems to think a lot of their reviews are fake as well. I've also in the past found discussions about Aukey not following proper safety regulations in a lot of their products.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2698 posts
2226 upvotes
Oakville
Jep4444 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2019 2:10 am
It's not just you, if you dig around, there are a lot of reports of Aukey not being a good brand. I've found anecdotal evidence of Aukey bribing people to take bad reviews down and fakespot seems to think a lot of their reviews are fake as well. I've also in the past found discussions about Aukey not following proper safety regulations in a lot of their products.
LoL if you go Amazon, I'm the guy that posted the video of my Auckey USB C cable melting and killing the port of my Pixel 2XL.

They saw the video and sent me a new cable $100 credit and asked to rereview after receiving the new cable. The issue doesn't appear immediately. So I gifted the cables to my boss (of course), and just bought Amazon Basic USB-C cables.

I have Aukey blue tooth speakers and headphones that have worked fine for 2 years, though the battery life is 50% of what it used to be, but that happens.

Anker is a bit better from my experience but I'm just a statistic in hopefully a large sample size you review before making your own decision.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Feb 9, 2018
94 posts
152 upvotes
Okay, people think the 19$ apple 12w power adapter is hot deal and downvote this adapter for bad product or price.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
4941 posts
1682 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2019 2:10 am
Aukey is garbage.

I'd paid more for Anker anytime.

Too bad the Anker's 30w charger is not a real 30w charger.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
4941 posts
1682 upvotes
zdpz wrote:
Dec 15th, 2019 2:18 am
LoL if you go Amazon, I'm the guy that posted the video of my Auckey USB C cable melting and killing the port of my Pixel 2XL.

They saw the video and sent me a new cable $100 credit and asked to rereview after receiving the new cable. The issue doesn't appear immediately. So I gifted the cables to my boss (of course), and just bought Amazon Basic USB-C cables.

I have Aukey blue tooth speakers and headphones that have worked fine for 2 years, though the battery life is 50% of what it used to be, but that happens.

Anker is a bit better from my experience but I'm just a statistic in hopefully a large sample size you review before making your own decision.
Do you have a link to your video?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4734 posts
1176 upvotes
Toronto
hachi8 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2019 12:55 am
RAVpower version for only $18 here. https://www.amazon.ca/Charger-RAVPower- ... +wa&sr=8-8

However it's only 18W, but still PD3.0 and has TWO 5v/2.4a ports and lifetime warranty. Great for travelling.
So a 30W charger can handle more devices that require higher wattage than 18W charger, but for a device (like an iphone) that tops out at say 15W or 18W, the 30W charger isn't going to be any faster or any better than the 18W charger right?

So if you're going to be using it for a phone, the 18w will do, while a macbook you'd need the 30w?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4178 posts
1967 upvotes
Toronto
zdpz wrote:
Dec 15th, 2019 2:18 am

It's not just you, if you google Aukey and fire, you can literally find a reddit thread where two people with electrical backgrounds actually discuss problems with aukey chargers. Unfortunately most of the photos they linked have been taken down. I read enough shit about aukey over the years that I just don't bother with them anymore.

Anker is a bit more respectable as a brand, they've been willing to recall products that have been faulty and have actually sent products to actual testers.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4178 posts
1967 upvotes
Toronto
Brianz wrote:
Dec 15th, 2019 2:21 am
Okay, people think the 19$ apple 12w power adapter is hot deal and downvote this adapter for bad product or price.
That's because Apple follows proper safety mechanisms when they design their chargers. I'm generally not a fan of the Apple tax but chargers are something you don't skimp on.