[Amazon Canada] $25 Inovelli Z-Wave Dimmer Switch + Repeater (non-scene, clearance)
- Deal Link:
- Amazon Canada
These are made by the same manufacturer as Zooz with some firmware/functionality differences, they are changing suppliers, so these old models are being cleared out.
Can be used in a 3-way setup with some slight wiring changes
Refer to previous thread for more info, they are in the process of also opening up an office in Canada for May.InovelliUSA wrote: ↑Jan 8th, 2019 11:59 amHey, thanks for letting everyone know -- it's been quite the roller coaster and we're definitely excited about the change. In addition, we'll also be opening up an office in Canada around May so that we can better serve our friends to the north (I'm about 3hrs west of Windsor).
Anyway, I also wanted to clarify the manufacturers that GE/Zooz use -- GE actually is produced by Jasco, which uses a separate manufacturer as Zooz. So, by March, we all should be using different manufacturers, which hopefully increases the quality across the board as competition will heat up
Here's a sneak peek of the new design:
A few features that it will have are:
We're also working with SmartThings to make sure our product works out of the box with their HUB -- Right now it's Z-Wave so it works, but in some cases you'll need to install a device handler to get all the fancy features. More to come on this as we're meeting at CES to discuss further.
- RGBW LED Strip -- change colors to whatever you'd prefer the LED to be
- Better Z-Wave module -- we likely won't be able to get the 700 Series as the developers are still learning it (we'll upgrade later in the year) but our internal Z-Wave module will be an upgrade from what was in our old device
- Scene enabled (same as our current switches) -- but it will also have a "favorite" button
- Notifications -- LED strip will blink a certain color based on an event (ie: if you're garage door is opened too long, it will blink red)
- Config button -- this sounds lame, but it will help cut down on people messing up their switches by tapping too many times -- I've seen a few posts already here where I'm sure the internal relay was disabled by accident (instead of tapping 8x or 10x to change something, you'll have to hold down on the config button for 5 seconds and then do the tapping)
- Better HUB Compatibility -- Right now HUB's like Wink cannot change parameters and take advantage of changing the ramp rate, dim level min/max, etc on our switches -- so, we'll have a few pre-defined ramp rate levels, min/max dim, etc that will be able to be set based on the config button
Anyway, thanks for the continued support and have an awesome day!
Founder | Inovelli
Bought 4 more on top of the 2 scene enabled one from the previous thread at $30
Edit: Before someone ask, these needs a hub to operate, eg: SmartThings (v3 currently available for $80, use the Smartthings Classic App!) or Wink, Z-Wave runs on 900Mhz and penetrate walls much better than WIFI or Zigbee and are not subject to as much interference, the better option in a 2.4Ghz congested/heavy area.
If you don't have a hub, the 2 pack WIFI dimmer at Costco for $40 is the next best thing.
One can also disable the relay and use it as a remote switch only in ST as per the description
AND A NEUTRAL WIRE IS REQUIRED, if you don't know what it means or don't have one, get a Lutron Caseta, only dimmer I know that works without it.
Claims best compatibility with LED bulbs with Cree, Philips and GE, I have tested the Luminus recessed LED slim pot lights sold at Costco and they dim fine without buzzing.
Don't forget 8% ebates cashback