Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] $25 Inovelli Z-Wave Dimmer Switch + Repeater (non-scene, clearance)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2019 3:46 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8829 posts
1809 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Amazon Canada] $25 Inovelli Z-Wave Dimmer Switch + Repeater (non-scene, clearance)

From @InovelliUSA https://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon- ... #p30454548
These are made by the same manufacturer as Zooz with some firmware/functionality differences, they are changing suppliers, so these old models are being cleared out.

Can be used in a 3-way setup with some slight wiring changes

InovelliUSA wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:59 am
Hey, thanks for letting everyone know -- it's been quite the roller coaster and we're definitely excited about the change. In addition, we'll also be opening up an office in Canada around May so that we can better serve our friends to the north (I'm about 3hrs west of Windsor).

Anyway, I also wanted to clarify the manufacturers that GE/Zooz use -- GE actually is produced by Jasco, which uses a separate manufacturer as Zooz. So, by March, we all should be using different manufacturers, which hopefully increases the quality across the board as competition will heat up :)

Here's a sneak peek of the new design:

A few features that it will have are:
  • RGBW LED Strip -- change colors to whatever you'd prefer the LED to be
  • Better Z-Wave module -- we likely won't be able to get the 700 Series as the developers are still learning it (we'll upgrade later in the year) but our internal Z-Wave module will be an upgrade from what was in our old device
  • Scene enabled (same as our current switches) -- but it will also have a "favorite" button
  • Notifications -- LED strip will blink a certain color based on an event (ie: if you're garage door is opened too long, it will blink red)
  • Config button -- this sounds lame, but it will help cut down on people messing up their switches by tapping too many times -- I've seen a few posts already here where I'm sure the internal relay was disabled by accident (instead of tapping 8x or 10x to change something, you'll have to hold down on the config button for 5 seconds and then do the tapping)
  • Better HUB Compatibility -- Right now HUB's like Wink cannot change parameters and take advantage of changing the ramp rate, dim level min/max, etc on our switches -- so, we'll have a few pre-defined ramp rate levels, min/max dim, etc that will be able to be set based on the config button
We're also working with SmartThings to make sure our product works out of the box with their HUB -- Right now it's Z-Wave so it works, but in some cases you'll need to install a device handler to get all the fancy features. More to come on this as we're meeting at CES to discuss further.

Anyway, thanks for the continued support and have an awesome day!

Eric
Founder | Inovelli
Refer to previous thread for more info, they are in the process of also opening up an office in Canada for May.

Bought 4 more on top of the 2 scene enabled one from the previous thread at $30

Edit: Before someone ask, these needs a hub to operate, eg: SmartThings (v3 currently available for $80, use the Smartthings Classic App!) or Wink, Z-Wave runs on 900Mhz and penetrate walls much better than WIFI or Zigbee and are not subject to as much interference, the better option in a 2.4Ghz congested/heavy area.

If you don't have a hub, the 2 pack WIFI dimmer at Costco for $40 is the next best thing.
One can also disable the relay and use it as a remote switch only in ST as per the description

AND A NEUTRAL WIRE IS REQUIRED, if you don't know what it means or don't have one, get a Lutron Caseta, only dimmer I know that works without it.
Claims best compatibility with LED bulbs with Cree, Philips and GE, I have tested the Luminus recessed LED slim pot lights sold at Costco and they dim fine without buzzing.

Don't forget 8% ebates cashback
Last edited by Daijoubu on Jan 23rd, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.
71 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28777 posts
14586 upvotes
Ottawa
These are great value!
Jun 13, 2015
26 posts
43 upvotes
Trois-Rivieres, QC
Saying its compatible with smartthings hub 1 and 2. It should work with the 3rd gen too?
Nov 11, 2011
204 posts
137 upvotes
Quebec
On top of the switches, what else do you need to control, you need to buy a hub or something?
Link?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28777 posts
14586 upvotes
Ottawa
kira1337 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 1:15 pm
On top of the switches, what else do you need to control, you need to buy a hub or something?
Link?
To control them remotely, you need a hub.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1212 posts
163 upvotes
begin11 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 1:06 pm
Saying its compatible with smartthings hub 1 and 2. It should work with the 3rd gen too?
Can confirm they work with ST v3
Jun 13, 2015
26 posts
43 upvotes
Trois-Rivieres, QC
crustydragon wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 1:21 pm
Can confirm they work with ST v3
Great thanks!

Will get a few!

With the 8% cashback this seems pretty hot!

Thanks op!
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4163 posts
815 upvotes
Wat
These or return the costco ones I got for 2 for $32...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28777 posts
14586 upvotes
Ottawa
Wiseman wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 1:27 pm
Does the Costco ones work with ST?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8829 posts
1809 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Wiseman wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 1:27 pm
If you use the custom handler with ST, you can define ramp up/down speed and minimum dimming level to avoid flickering with LED, both of which I don't think is adjustable on the Costco one
vkizzle wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 1:40 pm
Does the Costco ones work with ST?
It's a standalone WIFI/ESP8266 Tuya/SmartLife based dimmer switch, I think integration may be possible but only through the cloud, not local processing?
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14689 posts
1064 upvotes
Markham
Great switches. Brings them down to a new price point.
ShadowVlican
Sep 27, 2009
526 posts
90 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
keep in mind its the non scene one
Jun 1, 2011
487 posts
79 upvotes
Ajax
Thanks OP, bought 4. just bought the SmartThing hub as well, so this will pair nicely.

I have the Costco WiFi switches as well, they work well, but had to return other 2 that was causing a lot of flickering. I might replace all of them with Z-Wave switched and return the Costco ones
Aug 11, 2008
927 posts
237 upvotes
Can someone confirm if it works with new smartthing app along with samsung connect home pro, or link to classic app apk..