Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Amazon.ca : $ 26.10 Boss HSIR 2 IR Headsets (Black) f/s

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2013 10:39 am
Tags:
None
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
6023 posts
3616 upvotes
Toronto
Reviews say you need an external power supply. One that isn't available!
Jun 21, 2005
208 posts
47 upvotes
Mississauga
For car use only?! Who listens to headphones in a car??
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
DDC wrote: For car use only?! Who listens to headphones in a car??
Kids in the back?
Aug 25, 2010
99 posts
46 upvotes
Pincourt
OK seems like a lot of confusion about this product and since I bought a set this summer I'll clear things up a bit.

First this is a great price as I bought mine from Amazon in the US for around $55 after shipping, duties taxes etc. At the time that was the best price I could find anywhere.

The main reason I bought them was so that the kids could watch movies in the back seat on my tablet during long trips. I also bought a telescopic headrest mount that holds my 10" tablet in between the driver and passenger seat. Some of you may have built in entertainment systems with OEM headphones so if you do congratulations on having the extra $1500 to buy that option. I didn't....

This headphone kit is primarily meant for the car and runs on a 12v power supply. The transmitting unit has 2 power wires coming off it that you can either wire directly into your cars wiring or wire it to a 12v socket adapter and plug it into your cars 12v socket.

Now what I did was wire it to a 12v DC 120v AC wall adapter and plug it into a power inverter I already had for my car. The reason I went this route was so that I could use these headphones in my home when I wasn't using them in the car.

We used them on several trips this past summer and the kids loved them. You know who else loved them? My wife and I. Prior to buying these my kids were always fighting and distracting me from driving in the back seat and then I would have to listen to my wife yelling in my right ear telling them to be quite. After I set everything up this summer I could drive for hours in tranquility. I know some may think it's lazy parenting to shut your kids up with a movie but for me when it comes to driving at least I consider it a safety measure.
Aug 25, 2010
99 posts
46 upvotes
Pincourt
OK seems like a lot of confusion about this product and since I bought a set this summer I'll clear things up a bit.

First this is a great price as I bought mine from Amazon in the US for around $55 after shipping, duties taxes etc. At the time that was the best price I could find anywhere.

The main reason I bought them was so that the kids could watch movies in the back seat on my tablet during long trips. I also bought a telescopic headrest mount that holds my 10" tablet in between the driver and passenger seat. Some of you may have built in entertainment systems with OEM headphones so if you do congratulations on having the extra $1500 to buy that option. I didn't....

This headphone kit is primarily meant for the car and runs on a 12v power supply. The transmitting unit has 2 power wires coming off it that you can either wire directly into your cars wiring or wire it to a 12v socket adapter and plug it into your cars 12v socket.

Now what I did was wire it to a 12v DC 120v AC wall adapter and plug it into a power inverter I already had for my car. The reason I went this route was so that I could use these headphones in my home when I wasn't using them in the car.

We used them on several trips this past summer and the kids loved them. You know who else loved them? My wife and I. Prior to buying these my kids were always fighting and distracting me from driving in the back seat and then I would have to listen to my wife yelling in my right ear telling them to be quite. After I set everything up this summer I could drive for hours in tranquility. I know some may think it's lazy parenting to shut your kids up with a movie but for me when it comes to driving at least I consider it a safety measure.
Aug 25, 2010
99 posts
46 upvotes
Pincourt

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)