Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] $32: Chemical Guys HOL_111 – Jetseal & Pete’s 53 Protection & Shine Kit (6 Items)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 4:17 pm
[OP]
Sep 5, 2015
167 posts
521 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Amazon.ca] $32: Chemical Guys HOL_111 – Jetseal & Pete’s 53 Protection & Shine Kit (6 Items)

$32: Chemical Guys HOL_111 – Jetseal & Pete’s 53 Protection & Shine Kit (6 Items)
15 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4323 posts
2688 upvotes
Thanks OP, nice find, this is the lowest price according to CCC
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4323 posts
2688 upvotes
rugerty100 wrote: Been a bit lower before, but missed by the camel.
For 3$ I wouldn't wait for it to go lower, especially because as far as I know no one here owns a time machine to go back then... Winking Face
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1988 posts
1004 upvotes
GTA
The Jetseal alone is well paying a little extra for not having a time machine.
[OP]
Sep 5, 2015
167 posts
521 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Downvotes on a good deal encourage me not to post any deal Disappointed Face
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8277 posts
3479 upvotes
Markham
ashwani2k wrote: Downvotes on a good deal encourage me not to post any deal Disappointed Face
Welcome to the internet. If validation is what you're looking for, you're in the wrong neighbourhood.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4323 posts
2688 upvotes
ashwani2k wrote: Downvotes on a good deal encourage me not to post any deal Disappointed Face
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Still overpriced
Probably found the downvoted....

Don't bother with this, OP, there will always be someone for whom a good deal is still too expensive. The Jet Seal alone is over 40$ @ Amazon... 32$ for the kit is a hot deal
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1330 posts
551 upvotes
Edmonton
Can you put the Jet Seal on top of Ceramic coat?

Would this product be similiar to IGL Premier and B & S Bead Maker? (I have both of these currently)
Sep 1, 2015
123 posts
135 upvotes
Surrey, BC
dj_rice wrote: Can you put the Jet Seal on top of Ceramic coat?

Would this product be similiar to IGL Premier and B & S Bead Maker? (I have both of these currently)
A proper ceramic coated vehicle wouldn't need this really. It would just sit on the coating until it washes off or eventually fades. Sealants and waxes are made to bond to paint. Which is why people clay bar or strip wash vehicles before applying sealants and waxes.

If you have a ceramic coating on, and you put a wax on, thw wax will just sit on the coating looking shiny and then fade off quickly. If you have a cleaner wax or something with abrasives you will actually start affecting your coating. This is why they have products now with Si02 and ceramic hybride products to help an existing coating instead. You would be better off using some sort of ceramic booster or ceramic quick detailer or bead maker.

This product ia great you'll get great long lasting protection and slickdness with the jetseal and then topping it with the wax will give you that greater glow and carnauba shine. Works in tandem.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11221 posts
15904 upvotes
Ottawa
Don’t worry too much cuz

Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6052 posts
698 upvotes
Ajax, ON
I was about to post this. Good deal and love this stuff. Needs to be reapplied once every few months though, but at this price it's great.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5675 posts
1831 upvotes
Cornwall PE
dj_rice wrote: Can you put the Jet Seal on top of Ceramic coat?

Where I wouldn't put jet seal atop a ceramic coating I would consider a carnauba such as pets 53 as it's hard to outshine a carnauba even if it only lasts a few months. Something else you could top over ceramic is a spray wax such as shinee's spray wax. But since I have discovered meguiar's ceramic spray wax I don't think I would ever use jet seal again. I found it hard and complicated to apply and it doesn't last as long as promised, even 6 month is a stretch imo. But at this price if you need wax and don't already have a sealer/shine combination you can't really go wrong. Just remember that with jet seal 6 months is a more reasonable expectation and a little is more, you must let it sit for 15 minutes so that the carrier can evaporate, and if you leave it too long it is a real bear to remove, and this is exasperated if you use it in sunlight. Pets on the other hand is a joy to use.
But then with meguiars ceramic spray wax you should also see 6 months and it is so quick and easy to apply it's almost sinful.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309