Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

$48 Blueskysea B1W WiFi Mini Dash Cam 1080p Amazon.ca

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2019 2:53 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA

[Amazon.ca] $48 Blueskysea B1W WiFi Mini Dash Cam 1080p Amazon.ca

Blueskysea B1W WiFi Mini Dash Cam 1080p with capacitor.
On sale for $48 ($60 sale - $12 coupon) with no tax.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0773FXVKL
Item Subtotal: CDN$ 79.99
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 6.99
Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 38.98
Estimated Tax (GST/HST): CDN$ 0.00
Estimated Tax (PST/QST): CDN$ 0.00
Order Total: CDN$ 48.00

Pretty good deal for a good budget dashcam.
https://dashcamtalk.com/blueskysea-b1w/
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
12 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
How's performance during the winters?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Damn... I just bought one earlier this month for $60 as part of a lightning deal. There was no coupon at the time :(
Deal Addict
May 31, 2006
1538 posts
421 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Matrixvibe wrote: Damn... I just bought one earlier this month for $60 as part of a lightning deal. There was no coupon at the time :(
Comment on your experience with it?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
I have 3 of these are they seem to work fine except they dont always power on fully. I just unplug from cig lighter and reconnect (sometimes a few times) to get them on. I havent bothered looking for firmware updates or anything yet.
😱
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
55% claimed
😱
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2001
5231 posts
4105 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Another CON is that it reserves at minimum 30% (i think) of your SD card for emergency videos, so you lose out on some space.
😱
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
krazynuck wrote: Comment on your experience with it?
Bought my first one probably 3-4 months ago to try in one of the vehicles in the family. For the price, form factor, image quality, and convenience of Wi-Fi is hard to beat.

Which is why the bought a second one to replace the blackvue dr-400g from the rfd groupbuy that finally died.

So far my experience is that for whatever reason the first unit failed to record for a several hours upon review of footage but to my knowledge it hasn’t happened again.

The mic quality isn’t as bad as the reviews put it out to be, it’s more quiet than poor quality, but definitely doesn’t pick audio as well as let’s say a g1w or blackvue. If you crank up the volume you’ll still be able hear voice/speech though.

The WiFi has been good but not 100%, there were occasions where I would try to check recordings in the companion app and it would just keep loading, I would get impatient and cycle the the unit on and off and it would show the recordings fine afterwards. Not sure if this is because of my non high durance micro sd or because of other factors.

Overall for the money, I think it’s worth it.
Jan 29, 2013
106 posts
78 upvotes
Mississauga
vkizzle wrote: How's performance during the winters?
If you are referring to powering up during winter because of the cold, my vehicle is parked outside and this camera powered up no problems. No battery. I would recommend getting the CPL filter as the sunlight in the winter time is actually quite bright and there is some visible glare from the windshield. Hope this helps!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
tegboy wrote: If you are referring to powering up during winter because of the cold, my vehicle is parked outside and this camera powered up no problems. No battery. I would recommend getting the CPL filter as the sunlight in the winter time is actually quite bright and there is some visible glare from the windshield. Hope this helps!
Thanks...can you suggest or link the CPL filter that you have?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
lol I was just about to order one... 100% claimed... :(

EDIT: joined waitlist and one freed up. Ordered. Thanks OP!
Going to replace one of my G1WH with this