[Amazon Canada] 4K UHD Movies under $21

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2017 1:39 pm
[OP]
Mar 1, 2016
30 posts
37 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] 4K UHD Movies under $21

Amazon has a bunch of Warner Bros. 4K UHD titles on sale for under $21. I searched the threads but did not see this posted anywhere yet.

The included link doesn't show all of the titles, their search for 4K titles are divided by searching for either "4K" or "UHD". Sad they're not all listed in unison. Sort by "Price low to high" to see the cheaper titles.

Titles include:

The Legend of Tarzan
War Dogs
I am Legend
Pan
Sully
Suicide Squad
Central Intelligence
Creed
Mad Max: Fury Road
Batman V Superman
The Lego Movie
San Andreas
In The Heart Of The Sea
Point Break
62 replies
[OP]
Mar 1, 2016
30 posts
37 upvotes
Meh, even the 2K DI's still look more impressive on a proper set than their Blu-ray counterparts. It's the HDR that is more of an improvement over anything.
But yeah, most of those I believe are 2K DIs upscaled to 4K. There are more 4K DI's becoming available but they are few and far between unfortunately.

Still these are a good way to buy into the format
Oct 24, 2009
137 posts
74 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
Thanks OP. Been waiting for a decent price on Mad Max Fury Road. The rest of 'em... meh.
Nov 18, 2003
159 posts
118 upvotes
Hopefully 4K causes the re-re-re-re-release of the LOTR movies, first one movie at a time, then a weak-sauce box set, then a "collectors edition just in time for the holidays!".
Mar 26, 2011
902 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto
sohrab wrote:
May 15th, 2017 1:50 pm
Hopefully 4K causes the re-re-re-re-release of the LOTR movies, first one movie at a time, then a weak-sauce box set, then a "collectors edition just in time for the holidays!".
lol, I think the slow drip is mandatory.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5564 posts
449 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Other than Mad Max are there any other good ones from the list?
There's a sucker born every minute.
[OP]
Mar 1, 2016
30 posts
37 upvotes
number8888 wrote:
May 15th, 2017 3:13 pm
Other than Mad Max are there any other good ones from the list?
Are you asking in terms of movie quality or picture quality? Personally I'm pretty much a fan of all the movies listed as I own all except War Dogs. Creed I wasn't crazy about though. Just another predictable boxing movie. Came highly recommended but I didn't like it.

For Picture Quality in 4K though, definitely Sully is a great one.

You can check reviews all over the net for them, I mainly use Blu-ray.com though :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5564 posts
449 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
agoofykindasuperman wrote:
May 15th, 2017 3:28 pm
Are you asking in terms of movie quality or picture quality? Personally I'm pretty much a fan of all the movies listed as I own all except War Dogs. Creed I wasn't crazy about though. Just another predictable boxing movie. Came highly recommended but I didn't like it.

For Picture Quality in 4K though, definitely Sully is a great one.

You can check reviews all over the net for them, I mainly use Blu-ray.com though :)
Thanks. Yeah I was asking about PQ really. You know something that would justify a UHD TV and player purchase. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

I guess Lego Movie is sold out. Probably would have pick that up too.
There's a sucker born every minute.
[OP]
Mar 1, 2016
30 posts
37 upvotes
number8888 wrote:
May 15th, 2017 3:52 pm
Thanks. Yeah I was asking about PQ really. You know something that would justify a UHD TV and player purchase. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

I guess Lego Movie is sold out. Probably would have pick that up too.
Lego Movie would look great I bet. I have the 3D for that one though. And it's not sold out. ;)
Jul 28, 2010
794 posts
390 upvotes
grandenoirceur wrote:
May 15th, 2017 6:03 pm
Who pays $21 for a movie in 2017? That's insane.
Who comes into a blu-ray deals thread to complain about movie prices in 2017?
Oct 24, 2009
137 posts
74 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
grandenoirceur wrote:
May 15th, 2017 6:03 pm
Who pays $21 for a movie in 2017? That's insane.
Hmm...

2 people at a grotty theater with a crappy screen, uncomfortable seats, filled with rude, self-absorbed morons who think it's their private screening room = more than $21

2 people at home with their 75 inch 4k screen, surround sound, reclining Lazyboys, clean washrooms and nearby refrigerator = $21

Tough call.

And don't start on with the streaming argument... 4k streaming vs 4k disc... LOL.