Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] $5.00 Credit When You Add $20.00 or More to Your "Amazon Cash" Balance

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 5:19 pm
Sep 16, 2016
108 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
How can they set an expiry date for the promoted $5 credit? It is cash.
Not sure if it is under the regulation of the Consumer Protection Act. The law banned expiry dates and most fees on gift cards bought after that date to make sure you get their full value. In this case, I suggest them to use $5 coupon instead.
If we can dream it, we can make it!
Jun 26, 2017
15 posts
charlesd79 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 11:29 pm
I went to a CP location today, the girl there was clueless.
Try the one at Bentall in downtown Vancouver. They know what to do.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1732 posts
315 upvotes
Toronto
Hattie917 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 3:34 am
How can they set an expiry date for the promoted $5 credit? It is cash.
Not sure if it is under the regulation of the Consumer Protection Act. The law banned expiry dates and most fees on gift cards bought after that date to make sure you get their full value. In this case, I suggest them to use $5 coupon instead.
It’s a promotional credit which is different from a gift card, the $20 you paid is for the gift card which is a gift card which doesn’t expire

I guess you gotta use it ASAP before the expiry date because you can only used it on items sold by amazon....like the snes classic which was out of stock yesterday
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
7670 posts
1374 upvotes
Is the 5$ going to get credit as gift card balance or is the same BS where they will give you 5$ "off" the next purchase?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2165 posts
655 upvotes
Toronto
$5 off next purchase:
Try Amazon Cash for the first time by adding CAD$20 or more to your Amazon Balance and earn a CAD$5 Amazon Credit towards your next purchase on Amazon.ca. Your discount will automatically be applied at checkout. This is a limited time offer, one per Amazon customer account. The promotional credit expires on December 31, 2017.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
2165 posts
655 upvotes
Toronto
For those who have received the $5 already, can you please confirm these steps?

1. Obtain a barcode from Amazon.ca (either via text to your phone or print it out)
2. Take the barcode to any Canada Post office
3. They scan the barcode and then you ask to put to $20 into your Amazon.ca balance using that barcode

You then get the $5 automatically added to your online balance for your next purchase?
Aug 21, 2005
147 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
hmmm..
Amazon Cash transaction must occur between 12:01 am (PT) on Novmber 14, 2017 and 11:59 pm (PT) December 16, 2017.
blatant spelling mistakes on the very first line of the Terms and Conditions make me feel uneasy
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yEC1uB9hLaYHBMVb2
Sep 7, 2003
412 posts
30 upvotes
So I bought a $100 Gift Card using my Amex and I never received any bonus email or notification. However when I check my gift cards I have my $100 plus an additional $10 for "Gift card claim" -- I have no idea what that is.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
2107 posts
844 upvotes
Toronto
ddjxie wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 11:20 am
The primary benefits were:
  • A 0% currency conversion fee (credit cards typically charge 2.5%), which means you can buy things online and in-person in other countries with the credit card without paying any penalties for shopping in a different currency (this also allows you to carry around less foreign cash while travelling)
  • 2% flat cash-back from things purchased from amazon.ca
  • 1% flat cash-back for every other purchase not from amazon.ca (many Visa cards have tiered cash-back, which requires you to spend a certain amount until the full 1% cash-back is unlocked)
  • No annual fees
Unfortunately, this card is no longer available for new clients, but it is grandfathered for existing clients.
What happens when the card expires though? I heard Chase sold their Canadian credit card portfolio (Amazon CC and Best Western CC) to Scotiabank.
Feb 3, 2015
24 posts
16 upvotes
Montreal, QC
vistokid wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 11:26 am
So I bought a $100 Gift Card using my Amex and I never received any bonus email or notification. However when I check my gift cards I have my $100 plus an additional $10 for "Gift card claim" -- I have no idea what that is.
When I was checking out, I saw just above my order the text which said that if a put 100$ on my Amazon Cash, I would receive the 5$, did that and worked, it showed the 100$ gift card + 5$ bonus. it took some minutes
Jan 5, 2006
975 posts
932 upvotes
is it one time offer or I can use multi?thanks.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26938 posts
6405 upvotes
GTHA
ben2003 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 12:33 pm
is it one time offer or I can use multi?thanks.
Did you read the terms and conditions?

"Offer limited to one per customer and account."
Jun 29, 2015
213 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Did this at my local Canada Post on Tuesday - the girl at the counter said it was the first time someone came in for it, but it still took all of 45 seconds. Buy the time I drove home I had both an email confirming my $20 and one confirming my bonus $5.

I'll take a 25% bonus every day of the week