Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] $5.00 Credit When You Add $20.00 or More to Your "Amazon Cash" Balance

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2017 8:59 pm
Dec 26, 2005
306 posts
17 upvotes
Super easy! Printed the barcode, scanned at CP, paid $20, got $25 in my Amazon credit.

Be aware there is an expiry on the $5.00 bonus - I used mine pretty much right away anyways.

This is different from the banner link from Amazon.ca where it tells you to upload $100 and get $5.00 credit instantly (I did that offer as well when I was logged into my Amazon account)
Jul 19, 2005
654 posts
376 upvotes
chadw01 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 10:43 am
For those who have received the $5 already, can you please confirm these steps?

1. Obtain a barcode from Amazon.ca (either via text to your phone or print it out)
2. Take the barcode to any Canada Post office
3. They scan the barcode and then you ask to put to $20 into your Amazon.ca balance using that barcode

You then get the $5 automatically added to your online balance for your next purchase?
The three steps are correct. But the $5 won't show on your account balance. It will show up on the checkout page when you buy something eligible for this promo. You will get an email confirmation about this $5.
Jul 19, 2005
654 posts
376 upvotes
FYI:

I used the $5 promo to buy something but returned it. They refunded me but the $5 didn't go back to my account (I tried buying something fulfilled by Amazon but the $5 doesn't come up). I did a chat and I was told:

"Any promotional funds used toward your purchase are not refunded. Promotional funds work much like coupons in a physical store--if you return the item, you're refunded for the amount you paid out of pocket, and not for the amount of the coupon."

But then the rep said since I wasn't aware of this she put it back on my account for next purchase.
Feb 20, 2004
657 posts
195 upvotes
Maybe I'll wait till mid Dec to do this so the postal office gets some exposure to this, as this sounds like it's like the one time you go to the postal office where you gotta tell them what to do. Scan the bar code, follow what it says... First got to think about what to buy from amazon as code expires Dec 31st.
Jan 31, 2009
169 posts
64 upvotes
Woodbridge
There are post offices everywhere, even in crappy tires and sdm's all over. I'm sure with all the xmas shopping we're doing, dropping in for $5 might not seem like a bad idea if it's right in front of you.
Last edited by bdbell84 on Nov 30th, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 31, 2009
169 posts
64 upvotes
Woodbridge
redkulat wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 11:40 am
What happens when the card expires though? I heard Chase sold their Canadian credit card portfolio (Amazon CC and Best Western CC) to Scotiabank.
I think you're right. They started switching over already.
Jun 23, 2017
4 posts
larryperry wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 3:42 am
Try the one at Bentall in downtown Vancouver. They know what to do.
Got it done here too..thanks!
Oct 17, 2010
926 posts
282 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
Tried 2 locations @ SDM had no idea what i was talking about and couldnt do it.
Oct 5, 2014
179 posts
171 upvotes
Ontario
KingPhoenix wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 3:49 pm
Tried 2 locations @ SDM had no idea what i was talking about and couldnt do it.
Can this be done at most SDM locations? Thanks
Oct 20, 2013
6 posts
1 upvote
I just told the Shoppers person exactly what to do - scan the card and follow the instructions on the screen.
Apr 23, 2014
54 posts
11 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Piece of cake. Neither clerk at my local Rexall PO had heard of it, but after scanning the barcode everything went swimmingly. Couldn't have taken much more than 10 seconds.

Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
2684 posts
781 upvotes
Vancouver
micronta wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 1:14 pm
Maybe I'll wait till mid Dec to do this so the postal office gets some exposure to this
Don't, as some might never get the memo. And it's actually very simple, like lots of people already said : just tell them to go into the MAIN screen of their CP computers (some might already be in the parcel scan menu, and it doesn't work from there) and scan the barcode, the computer will have instructions popping up. From there it should take at most 20 seconds to finish.
Oct 17, 2010
926 posts
282 upvotes
Newmarket, Ontario
mattjones124 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2017 7:13 pm
I just told the Shoppers person exactly what to do - scan the card and follow the instructions on the screen.
told her to do it and she still couldnt figure it out.
Nov 21, 2017
5 posts
3 upvotes
Tried this today and the $20 balance and $5 promo showed up on my account instantly. Thanks OP