Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] $5.00 Credit When You Add $20.00 or More to Your "Amazon Cash" Balance

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 11:33 am
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2003
4769 posts
629 upvotes
Toronto
supremekai wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 3:08 pm
g
Can you use credit card to pay?
YYMV I tried to use credit card and the attendant did not complain and my transaction went through
Dec 31, 2006
528 posts
65 upvotes
ben2003 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 12:33 pm
is it one time offer or I can use multi?thanks.
I did it a second time today and I got no bonus
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26907 posts
6397 upvotes
GTHA
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 5:32 pm
I suppose amazon's reach is so far now that they are trying to expand into the market of undocumented immigrants and people who are living 'off the grid' due to hiding from creditors, etc.
In the U.S., Paypal and Walmart are doing this.

The service is still relatively new to Amazon, having first launched this April as a way to better serve the under-banked and un-banked U.S. customer base.

Amazon is not alone in trying to reach this demographic. Other companies do this as well, like PayPal with its My Cash Card, for example, or Walmart’s Pay with Cash option.

Though it may seem counterintuitive for retailers to try to reach the “cash customer,” they’re still a sizable chunk of the market. According to an FDIC report from 2015, this demographic accounts for 27 percent of consumers. And these customers may not be regularly shopping online, due to the need to use credit or debit cards at checkout.

from https://techcrunch.com/2017/11/06/amazo ... -7-eleven/
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41536 posts
10213 upvotes
Anyone know what steps the CP employee should take?

I tried two days ago but the lady couldn't figure it out. On the card machine, I noticed the words Amazon Cash came up.

There was someone behind me and I didn't want to spend more time so I just went home after picking up a package and having the lady attempt twice.
Apr 28, 2008
240 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 10:06 pm

I tried two days ago but the lady couldn't figure it out. On the card machine, I noticed the words Amazon Cash came up.

There was someone behind me and I didn't want to spend more time so I just went home after picking up a package and having the lady attempt twice.

Any Canada Post. Cashier scans the bar code and asks how much you want to load ($20) and you're done. I got my email notification when I got back home.

Takes one second but some of these cashiers, anything unfamiliar they just go into panic mode.
Feb 15, 2013
352 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
cannot buy amazon gift card using amazon cash!!!
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26907 posts
6397 upvotes
GTHA
gskn4u wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 10:35 am
cannot buy amazon gift card using amazon cash!!!
Correct. Have you read the Amazon.ca Balance and Amazon.ca Gift Card Terms and Conditions?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/customer/ ... Id=1060392

2. Limitations
Neither your Amazon.ca Balance nor your Gift Card may be applied to the purchase of products at www.amazon.at, www.amazon.com.br, www.amazon.cn, www.amazon.com, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.es, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.in, www.amazon.it, www.amazon.co.jp, www.amazon.com.mx, www.amazon.co.uk or any website other than the website(s) listed in Section 1 above. Your Amazon.ca Balance cannot be used to purchase other gift cards. Gift Cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value or redeemed for cash, except to the extent required by law. No portion of your Amazon.ca Balance may be transferred to another Amazon.ca account.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
2683 posts
781 upvotes
Vancouver
tk1000 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 2:57 pm
Have you read the forum rules?
"Racial comments or Ethnic Profiling is strictly prohibited"
I don't see anything racial or ethnic in my comment.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
2683 posts
781 upvotes
Vancouver
alanbrenton wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 10:06 pm
Yes, she has to press "Next", "Next", "Next" ... just like we all do when installing software :)
I was taking a peek when I did mine, I think the first screen is some sort of warning that a financial transaction is taking place, then the system asks for the amount of money to be added, and that's it. Really, a 3rd grader should be able to do it. Which says a lot about the intellect of some CP employees...
Jun 28, 2017
311 posts
126 upvotes
Can you load up anywhere else than Canada Post? Canada Post is closed today.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26907 posts
6397 upvotes
GTHA
shayne85 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 3:03 pm
No

2) Where can I add funds to my Amazon Balance using Amazon Cash?
We have partnered with thousands of Canada Post locations across the country with more retailers coming soon. A directory of all participating stores can be found at www.amazon.ca/cash.

from https://www.amazon.ca/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_ ... 7321486011
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
2683 posts
781 upvotes
Vancouver
shayne85 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 3:03 pm
Lots of CP locations are open today.