Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

$5.00 Credit When You Add $20.00 or More to Your "Amazon Cash" Balance

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2018 7:30 pm
Nov 21, 2015
520 posts
344 upvotes
Port Coquitlam, BC
d182 wrote: Got the $5 today:

1) Went to Canada Post, had them scan the bar code, added $20 cash to my acocunt
2) Logged onto Amazon, saw the $20 on my account
3) Bought the Ecobee3, $5 was automatically applied, the $20 was also automatically applied

All done in 10 mins (Canada Post is on the ground floor in my office)
THIS

I have taken advantage of this offer twice (two different accounts) and both times it took me all of 15 minutes from sign up to checkout. I don't know why everyone in this thread is having so many issues? Seems rather effortless imo.
May 4, 2011
491 posts
308 upvotes
vanvick wrote: THIS

I have taken advantage of this offer twice (two different accounts) and both times it took me all of 15 minutes from sign up to checkout. I don't know why everyone in this thread is having so many issues? Seems rather effortless imo.
I added the $20 via canada post and I had to call in. When I called in they had no idea what I was talking about until I talked to a manager.
Sep 5, 2017
180 posts
58 upvotes
halifax
i had same issue, i loaded $20 3days ago , $5 credit never show up on check out page. and now i have talked Amazon.ca via chat, they put $5 credit right away .
Jun 18, 2015
345 posts
266 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Got my barcode last week and didn't have plans to bother. Was at the post office yesterday and figured I'd give it a shot.

The girl didn't know anything about it, but was more than willing to see what happens when she scanned my code - I then loaded $20 and got my $5 credit.
Jul 19, 2007
131 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
Looks like the promo has been extended to December 31, with the promo credit expiring January 31.

Current info from OP's link:
- Amazon Cash transaction must occur between 12:01 am (PT) on Novmber 14, 2017 and 11:59 pm (PT) December 31, 2017.
- Promotional credit expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) January 31, 2018.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1451 posts
302 upvotes
Markham
Tried to spend the $5 promo credit today. Discovered that, it's only valid on products sold by "amazon.ca". That is, if I buy from something from a seller other than Amazon.ca, the $5 does not apply.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
Finally got credit... Week later

Hello,

We're contacting you about your recent Amazon Cash purchase to add funds to your Amazon Balance. We apologize for the delay in receiving your $5 promotional credit.

We've now added a $5.00 promotional certificate to your account. This amount will automatically apply the next time you buy an eligible item shipped and sold by Amazon.ca, without entering a claim code.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Jun 1, 2006
901 posts
287 upvotes
Mississauga
mikka2017 wrote: Finally got credit... Week later

Hello,

We're contacting you about your recent Amazon Cash purchase to add funds to your Amazon Balance. We apologize for the delay in receiving your $5 promotional credit.

We've now added a $5.00 promotional certificate to your account. This amount will automatically apply the next time you buy an eligible item shipped and sold by Amazon.ca, without entering a claim code.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
I got the same email just now.
Checked my account and they added an additional $5 in promotional credit even though a customer service rep already added $5 when I asked what was going on. So I got $10 in total. Not bad! Wish I could give the OP an extra thanks hehe
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
j6n wrote: I got the same email just now.
Checked my account and they added an additional $5 in promotional credit even though a customer service rep already added $5 when I asked what was going on. So I got $10 in total. Not bad! Wish I could give the OP an extra thanks hehe
Nice... I was too lazy to do live chat b4 hand
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Dec 17, 2005
373 posts
217 upvotes
Chicoutimi, Qc
I decided to try the offer given all the comments about not having the promo automatically applied and ended up being quite surprised!
Went to the post office, showed my phone, lady didn't even ask and just scanned, gave 20$ cash. When I got back home about 10-15 mins later I had already two emails in my inbox, the confirmation of my new balance and the second email saying Congrats you now have a 5$ promo credit in your account.

Thanks op! Quite painless for a quick 5 bucks! :)
Dec 15, 2013
24 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Tried this on Friday and as expected i was met with heavy resistance from the employees. They had no idea what it was (don't really blame them), and they were even a bit rude to me thinking i was trying to pull a fast one on them or something somehow. Anyways i practically had to beg them to just try scanning the barcode, they finally did and everything went through fine. Got the credit within a few hours and already spent it on a gift :)

So if I've learned anything; don't try to explain the promotion to them, just tell them to scan the barcode :P
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1458 posts
1000 upvotes
enigma0t2 wrote: Tried to spend the $5 promo credit today. Discovered that, it's only valid on products sold by "amazon.ca". That is, if I buy from something from a seller other than Amazon.ca, the $5 does not apply.
that greatly reduces the "hotness" of this deal
Jun 3, 2007
618 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto
Went to my local PO (North York, GTA), and had zero issues. Received my bonus email before I walked out of the store about 3 minutes later... Just spent it on a purchase, no trouble whatsoever. Thanks OP!
Dec 14, 2010
293 posts
214 upvotes
Montreal
I added 20$, and a week later, I received an email from Amazon saying "Sorry for the delay. We've added 5$...". So, I think I'm good.

But today, I try purchasing 2 products marked as "Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc." and yet, I don't see the 5$. :-(

EDIT: 10 minutes chat with a CSR, and it is resolved. Apparently, my credit had expired. I tried to ask why. What a bad idea! lol
The guy created a new, non-expiring credit.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
Good way to get another 5 off that 2nd gen amazon echo device 45$.... Msrp is 69
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1959 posts
424 upvotes
Halifax
I can't seem to text my barcode to my phone, had to print it off instead. This should still work if I add 20 bucks at Canada Post right? - It did.
Also got the $5 promotional credit email right after and used on the Lego Dimensions Batman Movie Story Pack which was down to $29.99
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2019 :twisted:
Nov 7, 2006
559 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
Seems to work - received the $5 bonus email minutes after loading $20 at the post office. However in my account, my Gift Card balance only shows $20; is this normal?

Today, I received another email containing a $5 coupon code code for installing the Amazon app. Is this a separate $5 promo, or the same $5 bonus for loading $20 ?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1451 posts
302 upvotes
Markham
jin628 wrote: Seems to work - received the $5 bonus email minutes after loading $20 at the post office. However in my account, my Gift Card balance only shows $20; is this normal?

Today, I received another email containing a $5 coupon code code for installing the Amazon app. Is this a separate $5 promo, or the same $5 bonus for loading $20 ?
the $5 is credited when you make a purchase from a amazon.ca seller.
Nov 7, 2006
559 posts
691 upvotes
Toronto
enigma0t2 wrote: the $5 is credited when you make a purchase from a amazon.ca seller.
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like the $5 coupon code is separate then, which make this a great deal!