Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

$5 off First Time you Sign in with Amazon App Nov 17 - Dec 2

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2017 4:12 am
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
Got the email with the coupon, now to figure out what to purchase with the coupon.... Anyone have any suggestions for best deal on Amazon?
Jun 17, 2006
594 posts
362 upvotes
Calgary
radeonboy wrote: How does one check if they get the credit?
I received an e-mail from Amazon.
eBay Feedback: 118 and counting.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Dumbest promo ever and it appears you need to load RFD with your smartphone, link to the Amazon page and then DL the app through Amazon/Itunes PC, then log on for the first time - i.e. if you see the offer and then go to the App store and DL/sign in like a normal human would do in 2017, you're SOL.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4567 posts
3509 upvotes
Montreal
You can just download it off google play store and log in, it's all automatic on amazon's end.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
jzmtl wrote: You can just download it off google play store and log in, it's all automatic on amazon's end.
I was reading some stuff online and apparently that doesn't work for a lot of people and they had to contact Amazon.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4567 posts
3509 upvotes
Montreal
JackWhyte wrote: I was reading some stuff online and apparently that doesn't work for a lot of people and they had to contact Amazon.
I suspect it's because they've tried the app before and forgot they had, but amazon already flagged them as such. I went through google play and already spent the credit lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2010
1022 posts
2153 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks OP - I logged in to the app on Sunday and got the promo code today in my email!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7467 posts
4051 upvotes
Montreal
Got my code after 2-3 days, thanks OP.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Still no code and I don't expect to get one.

and what is all this "flagged" stuff and "already signed into app" errors - is that when trying to input the code?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
RiftOfChaos wrote: Followed the previous instructions, forced stopped and cleared data. Then logged in with my second account and redownloaded app. Says I am now eligible in the promo page so now I'll wait for the email confirmation in 5 days.
Did you try previously with the second account and it said not eligible?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
Is this promo for people with an existing amazon account (account exists prior to this promo), or has anyone signed up for amazon after the promo started and gotten it?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3926 upvotes
Toronto and London
fightbriz wrote: Did you try previously with the second account and it said not eligible?
No I didn't if I recall correctly. I was under the impression that they track it by imei but clearly they don't.
Feb 3, 2010
202 posts
46 upvotes
Lower Woods Harbour
JackWhyte wrote: Still no code and I don't expect to get one.

and what is all this "flagged" stuff and "already signed into app" errors - is that when trying to input the code?
I never received mine also
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
RiftOfChaos wrote: No I didn't if I recall correctly. I was under the impression that they track it by imei but clearly they don't.
How do you conclude "clearly they don't"?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3926 upvotes
Toronto and London
fightbriz wrote: How do you conclude "clearly they don't"?
Because I got it on the same phone twice.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2483 posts
284 upvotes
RiftOfChaos wrote: Followed the previous instructions, forced stopped and cleared data. Then logged in with my second account and redownloaded app. Says I am now eligible in the promo page so now I'll wait for the email confirmation in 5 days.
where does it say you're eligible on the computer under your account or on the app when you login?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
1029 posts
763 upvotes
Surrey BC
anyway to email amazon regarding the 5 dollars not received. there's only the option of calling them or using some stupid chat.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
1197 posts
115 upvotes
flipper316 wrote: anyway to email amazon regarding the 5 dollars not received. there's only the option of calling them or using some stupid chat.
"Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received $5 promo credit to your Amazon account.

We occasionally offer promotions to potential customers or to select existing customers, to encourage them to shop at Amazon.com.

The promotion you mentioned was offered by invitation only to a limited group of customers, and is valid only for the e-mail addresses to which it was sent. We regret that we cannot extend this offer to other customers.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Amazon.ca"

This is the email I received back from them. Is this a lie? Was this offer targeted to certain emails or everybody is eligible?
On Koodo $40/6gb plan.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
1759 posts
525 upvotes
Woodbridge
Just got the app and signed in at 1am est/10 pt. Hopefully I still some left