Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

$79.99 - Raspberry Pi 3B+ Starter Kit

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2018 12:05 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38325 posts
11873 upvotes
East Gwillimbury

[Amazon.ca] $79.99 - Raspberry Pi 3B+ Starter Kit

For those that missed the deal a week ago. It is back

RS Components Raspberry Pi 3B+ starter kit

Includes

Raspberry Pi 3B+
Case
Power Adapter
HDMI Cable
32 Gig MicroSD
MicroSD Card Reader

It was $79.99 a week ago, but the price quickly went back up to $99.99 and I missed it. It's back, but I don't know for how long

You need to click on the coupon to get an additional $20 off to bring the price to $79.99

The only problem is, you're limited to 1 unit. If you buy multiple units, you only get $20 per order. Just create multiple orders.

Get it while you can. Don't know how long it will last. Previous deal was posted here

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon-c ... #p30222031
37 replies
Oct 3, 2014
303 posts
266 upvotes
My gut feeling says rpi 4 in early 2019.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1360 posts
2066 upvotes
Vancouver
I have been waiting for the coupon discounts to finally show up. I have no use for the case and 32GB memory so the kit is not a hot deal for me. I am going for just the board and $59.99 after coupon is a good deal:
https://www.amazon.ca/CanaKit-Raspberry ... +pi+3+b%2B

I got the Flirc case which is a better case:
https://www.amazon.ca/Flirc-Raspberry-C ... FRWWKXEMN9
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2517 posts
896 upvotes
crockpot wrote: My gut feeling says rpi 4 in early 2019.
I have been waiting for this news!
Apr 20, 2015
427 posts
108 upvotes
Bolton, ON
thanks OP... been wanting to get one for PiHole
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38325 posts
11873 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
QuickFingers wrote: I have been waiting for the coupon discounts to finally show up. I have no use for the case and 32GB memory so the kit is not a hot deal for me. I am going for just the board and $59.99 after coupon is a good deal:
https://www.amazon.ca/CanaKit-Raspberry ... +pi+3+b%2B
I agree, I bought three of the $59 bundles with the power supply.

The extra $20 gives you

$3 - HDMI Cable
$3 - Case (eBay)
$9 - 32 Gig MicroSD
$3 - USB Card Reader

Which is great if you need them, but I already have most of that stuff.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13222 posts
12043 upvotes
Toronto
crockpot wrote: My gut feeling says rpi 4 in early 2019.
Might need another couple years on that, 3B+ just came out this year.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38325 posts
11873 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Angultra wrote: Might need another couple years on that, 3B+ just came out this year.
That's a weak argument. The Raspberry Pi 2 was released February 1, 2015. A year and a month later, they released the Raspberry Pi 3 on February 29, 2016 (Leap Year)

I think the delay will be due to reaching the limit on the current System On a Chip (SOC). It is 40 nanometre and you can't push it any further due to the thermals.

Have to find a new SOC, squeeze more transistors on it and make it backwards compatible with current Broadcom while addressing the thermals.
Aug 20, 2018
273 posts
302 upvotes
My personal experience: this thing overheats and downclocks if you do much of anything with it. Buy the 3B+ by itself, then buy this case for it: https://www.amazon.ca/Flirc-Raspberry-C ... 07349HT26/

The aluminum of the case acts as a giant heat sink, there's a part that comes down and touches the CPU. Never goes over 60ish degrees. Expertly machined case as well, perfect fit. Best RPi accessory IMO.
Jan 1, 2005
980 posts
787 upvotes
Montreal
dcipub wrote: My personal experience: this thing overheats and downclocks if you do much of anything with it. Buy the 3B+ by itself, then buy this case for it: https://www.amazon.ca/Flirc-Raspberry-C ... 07349HT26/

The aluminum of the case acts as a giant heat sink, there's a part that comes down and touches the CPU. Never goes over 60ish degrees. Expertly machined case as well, perfect fit. Best RPi accessory IMO.
I think that's the best price I've seen for the Flirc gen 2. Good deal, thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1360 posts
2066 upvotes
Vancouver
quasarito wrote: There is a Lightning Deal for the case at the moment for $15.95. Don't know if that is a super deal or not.
OMG thank you! I bought it for $24.95 at regular price not too long ago. Going to return and buy for $15.95 now.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38325 posts
11873 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
dcipub wrote: The aluminum of the case acts as a giant heat sink, there's a part that comes down and touches the CPU. Never goes over 60ish degrees. Expertly machined case as well, perfect fit. Best RPi accessory IMO.
Will that case work with a NavoLabs PoE Hat?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1517 posts
701 upvotes
Victoria
quasarito wrote: There is a Lightning Deal for the case at the moment for $15.95. Don't know if that is a super deal or not.
I don't even have a Pi... and I'm still going to buy that case ;)
Mar 26, 2015
271 posts
784 upvotes
Montreal, QC
MikeyCanuck wrote: I don't even have a Pi... and I'm still going to buy that case ;)
Hmmm. And I thought I was being impulsive by buying the case even though my Pis have cases already. I can only guess that you're planning on purchasing a Pi in the very near term. Or possibly making a Phantom Pi.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
3478 posts
3857 upvotes
Antarctica
What is the best way to turn a pi into a media center (Plex and internet streaming) ? Install libreelec and let Kodi handle both iptv and Plex through proper add-ons? Or is there a better solution? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3361 posts
1989 upvotes
Crichtonfan wrote: What is the best way to turn a pi into a media center (Plex and internet streaming) ? Install libreelec and let Kodi handle both iptv and Plex through proper add-ons? Or is there a better solution? Thanks.
buy the pi3 for something other than a media centre. Now a day, the pi3 is an overpriced mediocre media centre.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Sep 21, 2008
403 posts
46 upvotes
bogolisk wrote: buy the pi3 for something other than a media centre. Now a day, the pi3 is an overpriced mediocre media centre.
What do you think would be a good (and cheap!) windows 10 media center unit? I'm tired of android boxes but don't want to pay 400$ for a big desktop...
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
carldufourm wrote: What do you think would be a good (and cheap!) windows 10 media center unit? I'm tired of android boxes but don't want to pay 400$ for a big desktop...
Look at the Bauer thread. Easily pick up very capable quad core i5/i7 units between $150-$180. Sometimes less even if you go as far back as 2nd. gen processors. Blows away any ‘box’.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)