Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

$9.97 - Gillette Fusion Proshield Chill Men's Razor with Flexball Handle and 2 Razor Blade Refills

Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2569 posts
750 upvotes
Ottawa
ReeGee wrote: This is a good deal considering the regular price of Gillette stuff however after getting tired of being gouged for refills my whole life I found out about Dorco about a year ago, switched and haven't looked back
what is so good about them?
honest question, what makes them better? what cartridges do you use? how long they remain? how often you use it?
IT Services provider in Ottawa area.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1730 posts
5253 upvotes
Montreal
I've used gillette and find they are good but they dull up so fast and just to replace the blades were expensive.

Recently decided I'd soon make a transition to safety razor blades.

Basically I single two sided blade you replace on a razor.
Blade can be purchased at 100 for under 20$ generally.
Figured it would be worth a shot.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3874 posts
5397 upvotes
Oakville
FranklyPiper wrote: Can't comment on these new chill blades, and I imagine they're no better than the regular ones, but I was excited to try this flexball handle. That is, until I saw this video.... Order cancelled! I have years worth of Gillette blades and handles as it is...

I disagree with the review, when he mentions Mach 3 was just extra blade gimmick. The Mach 3 to this day is the best shave I've ever had. It's too bad I lost my fancy Mach 3 handle, now I use the fusion pro glide with trimmer.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2569 posts
750 upvotes
Ottawa
ReeGee wrote: Their prices and quality seem to be a lot better. I use the 6 blade carts, my dad uses the 4 blade ones, regular price is $50 cad for 16 of mine, $35 cad for 16 of my dads, but there are almost always deals and coupon codes so I never pay the regular price and usually get anywhere from $10-20 off my orders in addition to no tax and free shipping. Either way it's better than paying $60 for 12 proglide blades from Amazon or wherever.
As for the shave itself, I find the blades don't wear nearly as fast. The conditioning strips seem to last way longer too. I shave 1-2 times a week and my facial hair is pretty thick when I do, I found Proglide blades would feel worn by the 4th-5th use but the Dorco ones don't at all.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
2304 posts
950 upvotes
It's funny what qualifies as a good deal in Canada..this goes on sale in the US for $3.50 USD on Amazon.
Nov 26, 2011
50 posts
11 upvotes
ADAMS GULCH
Would second just using Dorco. Their normal price on the Pace 7 is about this with 2 blades ($7.50 USD) but with coupons/sales galore and cheaper refill packs. If you drop to using "only" 6 blades or 4 the prices get insanely low. I've found the quality to be about the same, having used Fusion and the Fusion after that but before the ball or two stripe models. Like Dollar Shave Club adds their margin on top of dorco's pricing and is still cheaper then Gilette. Shaving shouldn't cost more then $50ish a year unless you have start up costs or heavy hair growth.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1873 posts
220 upvotes
Vancouver
Dorco is garbage. I have very thick hair. I leave my beard grow for 2 days and already the blades give me cuts.
If Dorco works for you, stick with the cheaper alternative.

From experience, even the cheap PC No Name (or whatever it's named nowadays) blue bag of disposables work better on my skin than Dorco.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4481 posts
901 upvotes
Edmonton
way2quik wrote: Dorco is garbage. I have very thick hair. I leave my beard grow for 2 days and already the blades give me cuts.
If Dorco works for you, stick with the cheaper alternative.

From experience, even the cheap PC No Name (or whatever it's named nowadays) blue bag of disposables work better on my skin than Dorco.
Ditto bought Dorco a while back after hearing reviews on here being positive. I get lots of cuts from Dorco. My beard grows thick and Gillette has never cut me. I will never buy Dorco again!
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8048 posts
8623 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Ordered with Subscribe and save for additional discount. Thanks OP
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.