Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

AC 100-240V to DC 12V 2A Power Supply Charger Adapter for $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2017 11:20 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6652 posts
1509 upvotes
Ontario

AC 100-240V to DC 12V 2A Power Supply Charger Adapter for $9.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
23% off
Retailer:
Amazon.ca
Just ordered this for my router as the power adapter died.
Seems like a pretty universal adapter.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00DQ1ZX7U

Coupon code is listed on the page DZQMPHS3 but not sure when it expires (hopefully not after I post this lol)
DC 12V 2A OUTPUT: Supply power for device within 24W.
1M CABLE: Long line up to 1m can meet most of connecting requirement.
DESIGNED FOR LED STRIP LIGHT: An indispensable accessory for strip lamp. Connected to strip light controller to supply power.
FESTIVAL USE: On Christmas, birthday or party, apply to decorative lamp in bar, billboard or light box.
DAILY USE: Supply power for hard drive, TV box, MP3/MP4, mini table lamp, router, camera, etc.

Good ratings for Fakespot:
http://fakespot.com/product/docooler-ac ... hts-strips
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
if you care about homeowner's insurance (in case this thing blows up and starts a fire), don't buy a power supply without an UL or CSA mark
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
3104 posts
1726 upvotes
Canada
Read the comments about "fizzing" and "popping" noises before buying. Some things you should not cheap out on...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9824 posts
5822 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: if you care about homeowner's insurance (in case this thing blows up and starts a fire), don't buy a power supply without an UL or CSA mark
I am sure everyone has some devices that have no UL or CSA mark.
No one really check the power adapter for everything they purchase before using it.
UL mark is a lot easier to get than CSA mark though.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Feb 16, 2008
79 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If your router is still under warranty, call the support line and perhaps they can send you a replacement adapter. Sometimes, they might send you one even if it is out-of-warranty, YMMV though. I had that experience some years ago with my D-link router; they (the support folks) were good.
Banned
Sep 2, 2012
64 posts
52 upvotes
Calgary
theflyingsquirrel wrote: I am sure everyone has some devices that have no UL or CSA mark.
No one really check the power adapter for everything they purchase before using it.
UL mark is a lot easier to get than CSA mark though.
CSA certification just means the manufacturer went through the process of paying for the lab safety tests. Generally, it is by no means more stringent than UL. UL is accepted throughout the US, meaning it is very safe already.

Your statement that CSA certification is more difficult to obtain is correct, but that is just because the tests are expensive - not because the tests are more demanding.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
These are the same as the $3-5 units from ebay, I've ordered a few and took them apart, looks like old PSU which were repaired and/or repurposed, they cut the existing leads, do a botchy soldering job and enclose them in a new case, only sticky foam holding the PCB in place. I would never use them unattended.

For $3 more, get an UL listed one

5.5x2.1mm
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01C00HZ9Q/

5.5x2.5mm
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B071WRP4HR/
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: These are the same as the $3-5 units from ebay, I've ordered a few and took them apart, looks like old PSU which were repaired and/or repurposed, they cut the existing leads, do a botchy soldering job and enclose them in a new case, only sticky foam holding the PCB in place. I would never use them unattended.
And pics? Just for laughs I mean.

Also price looks like it just went up to $13; also, I'd imagine you can get an OEM replacement for any given router for $10-15 US anyway--might as well go with that esp. if you have a very-small size barrel like some routers do.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)